gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 09:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  #!! PLEASE READ - Hijacked Ebay & Email account!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: #!! PLEASE READ - Hijacked Ebay & Email account!  (Read 816 times)

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
#!! PLEASE READ - Hijacked Ebay & Email account!
« on: March 23, 2008, 07:04 PM »
I posted a thread on here a few days ago about a rather suspect ebay trader in the USA called

bmxdudemi

I had bought two pairs of primo dirt monster amberwall tire and also 2 pairs of primo V Track amberwall tires... and then had a few email to and fro via ebay and also via our personal email addresses, i was asking where my orders were, when they were posted etc etc... and I kept getting shady replies like 'i have to find the customs number' etc etc... basically I thought Id been scammed and told him so. That was a few days ago.
Anyway, I just tries today to log into my ebay account with my password - and I cant get in. I believe its been hijacked.
AND - I also cant now log in to my hotmail account too - with my password - and when you go to the passord retrieval page - it comes up on chinese! So I believe my email has also been hijacked. Both accounts I think have been scuppered.

Is this coincidence do you think? Im not sure myself. I think that some people from here have bought from him before, but I also know he's had shady press on other Old School sites .. Im still not pointing any fingers tho, im just gutted that my ebay and hotmail are both now up the swanny. Im going away for a week tomorrow too, so wont be able to phone ebay and sort it out til friday - who knows what will be happening while im away until then!

Ive had to now freeze my paypal account and end my direct debits with my bank from ebay and paypal etc etc
A total fooking nightmare, but at least the financial side of things is covered.

So, just wanted to let you all know that im going to have to sort out my ebay account, and perhaps end it - so if any of you have anything bought by ebay

ridersreadybikes

then its not a sale as thats my ebay username , and Im not able to get into my account!
Any thoughts or info or anyone whos had a similar aexpreience please tell me. What hurts the most is that my email account has all my Old Fools contact details that I stupidly dont have anywhere else - two years worth of email address collecting for the bmx event I organise, and I know that some I will never get again. Gutted.
cheers for now,
steve
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 09:00 PM by generallee »

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: ### PLEASE READ - serious sh1t
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 07:13 PM »
 >:( Don`t have the answer for you I`m afraid.This seems too much to be a coincidence.Sadly the world is full of scum who like nothing better than to cheat other people out of whatever they can.Hope you manage to sort your hotmail.

Best of luck.

James

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: #!! PLEASE READ - serious sh1t !!#
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 07:15 PM »
what a shite mate  dont no what to say..
gulp for one and hope you get it sorted.
i think i have alot of your hotmail names in mine from forwarded emails if you need them.

brettnai

Re: #!! PLEASE READ - Hijacked Ebay & Email account!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 09:26 PM »
not sure if the 2 are linked but my old hotmail account suddenly turned into chinese one day too for no apparent reason rendering it completely useless and because I couldn't make head nor tale of the buttons to navigate the page had no way of reporting it to hotmail.

I'd say definatly get onto ebay about it straight away. I know ebay can be shit at time but in their defence whenever I've had a problem with any suspected fraudsters they've been really good.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 09:47 PM »
This happened to a guy at work, he sold something, but being a bit thick, his paypal address he had put .com when it should have been .co.uk so when the guy tried to pay him it went to the wrong email address.

Next the guy said he was trying to scam him & if he sent the item he would send him a cheque, he told him Bollox, next thing his ebay & hotmail account are in Chinese   ::)

gareth1978

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 09:59 PM »
not sure how much help i can offer but here goes

is you pc set up as rdp or vnc, port forwarding etc as this leaves you wide open to point dexters hell bent on hacking into you  if so its a possibility this is the cause.

i can offer you more in depth advise if you need it as i work in I.T

hope you get this resolved

gareth

Trev

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 10:08 PM »
is you pc set up as rdp or vnc, port forwarding etc as this leaves you wide open to point dexters hell bent on hacking into you  if so its a possibility this is the cause.

that might as well be in chinese..... i haven't got a clue what all that means....

Offline ORANGEZIPPY

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 06:55 PM »

that might as well be in chinese..... i haven't got a clue what all that means....

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

does sound a bit fishy, hope it all gets sorted and you recover your details without losing money, ;)

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 01:43 PM »
Well.... I have gained control of my Ebay again - they were absolutely amazing, I rang them and they froze the account, then had to go into a secure ebay 'chatroom' online and confirm who i was by rememebring things Id bought last year and tons of other stuff, I was very very impressed, and now have access to it all again - a nice new password and Ive changed all my security settings and even my ebay user ID for the hell of it.
I have my Paypal nearly back online too, just having to re do the old confirm bank deposit thing in a few days..
and finally, I found a hotmail help page through my wife's hotmail, then filled it out with all of my details and am awaiting help... they may be able to regain it for me. What a palaver... but all's [nearly] well that ends well!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 01:54 PM »
Steve if you have a new e-mail address I could send you all the e-mail addresses that you have sent the Old Fools details to  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 01:59 PM »
hey steve

sorry bout things

i have bought some tyres off this guy aswell

mine came ,,but only after he had refunded my account

russ

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  #!! PLEASE READ - Hijacked Ebay & Email account!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx