gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 15, 2024, 08:48 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  you might recognize these guys who walked into the shot
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: you might recognize these guys who walked into the shot  (Read 1598 times)

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
 My mate Paul   (in the cap below) lived in New York for a few years in the 90's.  (-I'm trying to get him out of retirement in Glasgow, so could do with some local's help in getting him onto a bike again.)   anyway he lived in Long Island for a few years. One day they went to BMX show thingy, and met some of the riders. They invited them back to their local  pub in Long Island once they finished their demo. .. sure enough, look who turned up turned up for a pint... Gutted i wasn't there.

Jay Miron was there too, but i don't know if he was in the photo... as I don't know what he looks like

hoffman fannying about

hoffman and mcCoy doing shots.

"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

lodge

Re: you might recognize these guys who walked into the shot
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 07:46 AM »
Cool Pics, not 100% but looks like Jay Mirron in the purple top in the first pic.

Offline Maurice Meyer

• BMX Legend
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 08:26 AM »
Yeah, that look like Jay to me too.  The guy up top looks like Brad McDonald from Ride (US) and the guy in blue hat below is Kennan Harkin.

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 08:34 AM »
Yeah, that look like Jay to me too.  The guy up top looks like Brad McDonald from Ride (US) and the guy in blue hat below is Kennan Harkin.

I was thinking the guy at the back was you maurice  :LolLolLolLol: how's the new addition doing mate. Just about to get the Bravo powdered will send some pics soon.

yoda

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 09:12 AM »
Is that DMC in the middle of the last pic too... cool little story that   :daumenhoch:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 09:30 AM »
hoffman and mcCoy doing shots.

This gives it away a bit Dave  ;D

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

yoda

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 07:23 PM »
hahahaha so it does  ::)

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 09:44 PM »
is it me or does the chick in the middle look like

Michaela Strachan

dct

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 09:46 PM »
bet the hoff rode one of those birds that night too   
 :crazy2:
fookin fair play  :daumenhoch:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 09:48 PM »
is it me or does the chick in the middle look like

Michaela Strachan

Aye...on a galloping horse through a pair of binoculars!

Daz.  ;D
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 08:23 PM »
Cool random pics! Jay in the purple top for sure. Who's your pal in Glasgow? I'm local - wadda ya need?!

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 04:55 AM »
Cool random pics! Jay in the purple top for sure. Who's your pal in Glasgow? I'm local - wadda ya need?!

Gary

My Mate Paul lives in the West end. He's an old schooler just like the rest of us. I'm trying to get him to get back on a bike again, instead of sitting in the pub.   he's only got a mid school Mongoose DMC which is as heavy  as fook. He used to ride pretty decent.  He used to know your mate Marcus Cent. Is he back on a bike?   Anyway he just needs to get over that embarrassment of going to a park  full of kids ripping up the place. I'm sure it would help if he could meet up with some fellow old schoolers and get a  shot of a new school bike and see how better they feel.
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

bmxer4ever

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 10:11 PM »

Gary

My Mate Paul lives in the West end. He's an old schooler just like the rest of us. I'm trying to get him to get back on a bike again, instead of sitting in the pub.   he's only got a mid school Mongoose DMC which is as heavy  as fook. He used to ride pretty decent.  He used to know your mate Marcus Cent. Is he back on a bike?   Anyway he just needs to get over that embarrassment of going to a park  full of kids ripping up the place. I'm sure it would help if he could meet up with some fellow old schoolers and get a  shot of a new school bike and see how better they feel.

Whats his second name - I might know him. Or more to the point he might know of me! That happens a lot.....I'm useless with names! He should wander down to Kelvingrove on a dry day. always somethin' goin' on down there. I've been livin' in the West End half my life now, so he's probably just round the corner from me. Get him on here for a look around...

G

marcuscent

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 07:48 PM »

Hi. Gary told me about this site.. and now I'm here. Must see if I can find some 20yr old pics and join the club. Who's this mate that knows me? Could be Paul Norbury. He appeared on facebook last year. Think the last time I saw him was the world's in France in 1988 or was it 89....

Gary

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  you might recognize these guys who walked into the shot

gfxgfx
gfx gfx