gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 03:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What di u do with your bike bitd?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What di u do with your bike bitd?  (Read 1328 times)

Voodoocars

What di u do with your bike bitd?
« on: April 26, 2008, 07:18 AM »
As the question says really - what did you do with your bmx all those years ago? My last bike was a gen 1 haro freestyler with black tuffs and all the top gear.Worth a lot of money back then. I swopped it for a CB radio in 1984  :'( What a sap. ::)

zed4130

Re: What di u do with your bike bitd?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 07:25 AM »
82 mag burner, blew up the back simplex  :LolLolLolLol:  and told my mum the whole bike was broke  ;)  next got a TA sold that to buy a second hand ripper  :smitten:  got stolen , blooming council estate kids   ;)  next my best mates dp firebird kept that till 1990 as was still riding till then, but by now was realy into mtb's  >:D  so gave it away to a friends nephew, his bike was stole ,

paul

se bikes

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 07:31 AM »
We did keep most of mine thankfully.....

Got rid of a couple tho  :'(

CW Mini Cruiser
Titan Pro Cruiser
Looptail Ripper
GT Aluminium 24"
GT Aluminium 20"
GT Chrome 20"
Redline Factory Bike (dont mind this 1 it was a piece of shite)
DB Turbo Lite

My dad sold my Hutch beartraps and all the spare cages and all :-\

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 07:38 AM »
My first mongoose 2 I snapped :-\
Replaced with a supergoose that got stolen
Then my beloved ACE snapped, rebuilt then sold :Aresehole:
Diamond back silver streak, returned to sponsor
Race inc, snapped then given away, sponsor wasnt happy (sorry Jane :()
mcs SPIDER??
Then Redline PL20  :smitten:   :smitten: :smitten: I sold it for £20 when I did my knee in :-[ :idiot2:

I have forgotten something as well :-\

A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 07:47 AM »
mine last bmx was a white quad in 1984 with profile cranks on, sold it to a lad called JJ from shaw, (is he on here) for £180, and bought a membership at a local gym :idiot2: i never looked at another bmx until 2 years ago ???
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

munners

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 07:57 AM »
Pirahna.........................knicked!

Raleigh Burner...............Knicked!

Skyway TA (same as my white one in museum).....................had it until 1997 when my silly younger brother took it to his mates. Guess what..................................Knicked!

scowey

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 08:03 AM »
Mag burner in yellow, nicked from my yard...

found in second hand shop a week later stripped of its valuable parts....cough  :P

so upset I just left it there to rot..

should have got the police involved to be honest..

instead I got a new bike... (I do miss Amanda)  :LolLolLolLol:

zed4130

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 08:04 AM »
funny how many of our bikes were knicked, when i see kids now leaving ther bikes out side the newsagents i cringe  :-\ but then i suppose we was the same, since the 80's ive had 1 bike stolen, i generaly dont leave bikes anywere that i cant see them now ,  ;)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 08:09 AM »
Haha... good thread.

Burner - once into cars, left it in my garage (no big deal)
Ammaco freestyler - snapped
Haro Master - mum sold it for pennies  :-[
Various parts (nos wheels, tuf neck stems etc..) mum sold them also for pennies  :-[

Such is life....  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 08:12 AM »
i had a MKI Burner GS from freemans catalogue........looking back it was pants with a capital P......but boy i loved that bike!!  it was the first ever new bike i'd had as having an older brother i always got his cast offs  :-\

but the Burner was all i ever had.......it changed colour from silver (Ultra Burner) to dayglo green......i was the only person in our area to have Z rims!  and yes everyone wanted to copy the advert on them....meening lots of new spokes needed!  >:(   in the end i swapped em for a set of blue coaster tuffs  :daumenhoch:

It stayed in my dads garage for years till i gave it to one of my old girlfriends little brothers

zed4130

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 08:14 AM »
you did the flexing move rob  ;)  my mate loved doing that with his z,rims   :4_17_5:

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 08:15 AM »
peugeot{no idea what model}took to tip
team burner{skipped :'( see above

haro, took hacksaw to toptube,same as above.

priv

Lee Shurey

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2008, 08:20 AM »
Gave my Mongoose Pro class to the poor kid next door some fooker beat the shit out of him and nicked it  >:(

Then my dad (God Bless Him) took a grinder to a VDC frame that was stuck in the back of the shed as his mate needed some tubing  :wtf: 

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2008, 08:22 AM »
Gave my Mongoose Pro class to the poor kid next door some fooker beat the shit out of him and nicked it  >:(

Then my dad (God Bless Him) took a grinder to a VDC frame that was stuck in the back of the shed as his mate needed some tubing  :wtf: 

Lee i have to say that made me laugh!   :LolLolLolLol:   

not as much as Pete though yesterday with his Tailwhip to gearchange!   :2funny: :2funny:

jedi

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2008, 08:31 AM »
i had a torker 280xl skyways,flites ,uni seat etc....gave it away to my mates little brother when i went to live in israel in 89

se bikes

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008, 08:34 AM »

Jesus Lee, that's way worse than my Dad selling my Hutch pedals, do you still talk to your old man  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Lazarou

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008, 08:39 AM »
I've never not had a BMX in the last 28 years! But I did sell my chrome Prolite CC with white coaster tuffs and 401s for £55 to fund a GT S-bend Performer.  :D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 04:10 PM by Lazarou »

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2008, 09:08 AM »

Jesus Lee, that's way worse than my Dad selling my Hutch pedals, do you still talk to your old man  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

doubt it   ::)

dj_benice

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2008, 09:51 AM »
ask my dad  :knuppel2:  3 kids fully GT kitted out, new padset every other week sister runnin cook's all runnin high end lightest parts etc same place me scalectrix and snooker table went and no I don't talk to the crispy ducker  >:(  Unlike the murphy's I am bitter  :LolLolLolLol:

zed4130

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2008, 10:09 AM »
ask my dad  :knuppel2:  3 kids fully GT kitted out, new padset every other week sister runnin cook's all runnin high end lightest parts etc same place me scalectrix and snooker table went and no I don't talk to the crispy ducker  >:(  Unlike the murphy's I am bitter  :LolLolLolLol:

dont worry pete, i didnt talk to mine for 16 years , then met him, now i havnt seen him in 3 years, no loss, hes a prize plum  :LolLolLolLol:

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2008, 10:26 AM »
Gen 1 haro freestyler, gave up riding in 85 kept it till 1990 when a mate of my brothers persuaded me to sell it.....

40 quid for the full bike....   :wtf:

It was a night out on the piss (with change) back then...  :D

The one ive got now owes me a bit more than 40 quid...  ;D

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2008, 12:26 PM »
Puch Rapier, not sure what happened to that one, I remember the forks bending and having to turn the bars round and riding into a wall to straighten them. Then had a Torker Magnum 200, NICKED :tickedoff:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2008, 01:01 PM »
Sad topic this one...

My GJS race bike with 400 flights and JMC DY bars (the one in my avatar) was sold in 91 to fund buying a house.

My Diamond Back senior pro was given to my brother who sold it for a fiver and i had a Firebird Freestyler that i did my paper round which just evaporated, i really cant remember what i did with it.
Also had a Mongoose and a Moto 1 which died and were dumped.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

stumpy

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2008, 01:02 PM »
Heres my list,
Mongoose 2, after much upgrading - given to cousin
Haro Gen 1 Freestyler- again upgraded with 401's, hadley bb, various tuffs, vector bars, sold frame and forks to Marvin Brown for £15.
Skyway TA WHITE- Again fully loaded with all the right bits, had it custom painted red with matching red vdc woody bars, sold complete bike inc 401s and hadley bb, PRO NECK, ARAYA aeros, MX1000S for £50!!!
Skyway TA XL all the bits 401's hadley bb, tuffs. swapped for  very early GT Performer - which i swapped for a drum machine
Hutch TrickStar us built, loaded like no other, sold this for £200 in 1987.
Race inc (alloy) sold frame and forks for some silly figure, bmx-796 now owns it along with my old cooks bros cranks.
Race inc (cro-mo) ex Kevin Rivere race bike,  sold complete bike with hutch stem and cooks bros cranks, pro class rims with bullseye hubs for £150 i think

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2008, 03:19 PM »
my kuwey freestlyer twin top and bottom tubed one
i left in the garage had green tuffs tuff neck stem mx1000's
maxy cranks i think and monkey bars
me bro sold it for a fiver to his mate

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What di u do with your bike bitd?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx