gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 02:58 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Your thoughts please.........have a look cheers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Your thoughts please.........have a look cheers  (Read 1623 times)

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Your thoughts please.........have a look cheers
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 08:33 PM »
Buyers fault , what sounds a bit fishy to me JT is that your way was cheaper , so why did he insist on royal mai , surely you can collect from your local post office if your not in , as this is where the courier will take it :-\

fouronethreeoh!

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 08:45 PM »
Its tough when this happens.
Refund, less postage fee.
Claim what you can from Royal Mail (i have done this, they were very good, no hassle)
Chalk the rest up to experience.
i.e. it wont happen a second time...

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 09:20 PM »
Buyers fault , what sounds a bit fishy to me JT is that your way was cheaper , so why did he insist on royal mai , surely you can collect from your local post office if your not in , as this is where the courier will take it :-\

i dont think private companys can take to the p/office mate.

as said above mate it was his choice. so its his loss

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 09:43 PM »
Jt everything you have sent me has been spot on :4_17_5:

out of intrest who was the buyer?

PM me on it if you want :)

eloopnai

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 11:58 PM »
i with the majority here buyers fault

ive bought a few bits off you over the past 6 months and never a problem :daumenhoch:

Broggie

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2008, 06:34 AM »
Well my Ukais turned up from you completely undamaged with nothing missing, so I am quite happy with your carrier.  It is well known that royal mail parcels are sometimes less than attentive to how goods are loaded.  The bottom line is If you buy something that is important to you, you dont skimp on insurance.  A few pence here, a few pence there can cause a lot of misery.

Your buyer chose the carrier, the insurance, and the type of delivery...that left you with no say as to the insurance payout or the quality of service.  Therfore the buyer has to accept both what they asked and paid for.

In this case it is the buyers loss

(and JT stop feeling bad OK!!! sometimes it happens)

Ray.

scowey

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2008, 06:59 AM »
Wonder if this could at least be a lesson to us all.... some good from this mess...

maybe even a sticky to warn radsters of using inferior postage services without adequate insurance..

just a thought

Frosty

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 08:47 AM »
I'm with the moral majority on this.

The insurance even with royal mail is not that much more expensive and we all know how mail vans are driven around so damage should not come as a surprise.

The private companies will usually try a couple of deliveries if they fail then normally back to their own depot which, for if it is dhl fed ex or an other, can be Ipswich, Chelmsford or Colchester - a 20 mile radius from where I live. Usually worth the trip if you want nos goodies in nos condition!

djgivvinup

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2008, 09:18 AM »
I bought a Diamond Back frame & forks late last year from a member on here, described as superb chrome when it turned up it was anything but superb.
 I informed the seller i wasn't happy with it because the description he gave wasn't accurate.  After a bit of umming & ahhhing, he eventually agreed to take it back & give me a full refund.
I packaged the f&f in a bike box with shed loads of padding for protection(probably the best bit of packaging i've ever done  :LolLolLolLol:)
I got to my local sorting office & was given the choice of two methods of sending it, the first being standard parcels costing £10 to send & insured for £34.  The second was special delivery costing £20 but insured for £500.
I made the decision to send it by the cheaper method(standard parcels) because that was how it was sent to me & i didn't want to waste anymore money on this transaction.
I sent it off & waited for the guy to receive it & for him to issue my refund.
2 weeks passed & the guy had apparently received no parcel  :-\  it carried on for a month & he still insisted nothing had arrived.
My immediate thought was 'i am being scammed'
Because it was sent standard parcels it didn't have to be signed for so it could have easily been received with no come backs.
I asked the guy if he was prepared to refund me some of the money i had given him because i was left seriously out of pocket.
He refused.  I had no way of knowing or proving if the guy did receive the parcel & was scamming me.  But funnily enough i havn't seen him post on here since this all happened.  ::)
I claimed through royal Mail, was told they couldn't find the parcel & received the £34 it was covered for.  i paid out £120 on the frame & forks & another £10 returning it to him.  So i ended up £96 out of pocket  :'(

So be warned if you are sending anything make sure you insure it for the right amount!!

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2008, 02:54 PM »
Standard parcels can be insured for more....  ;)   I think it cost £1 per £100 coverage  :daumenhoch: 
 No signature but you can fully insure your parcel quite inexpensively.
Alternatively try these two companies: www.interparcel.com    http://www.p4d.co.uk/
 They use couriors and are very reliable, quick and cheap... you can pay them by paypal too  8)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Your thoughts please.........have a look cheers

gfxgfx
gfx gfx