gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 06, 2024, 12:45 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Your thoughts please.........have a look cheers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Your thoughts please.........have a look cheers  (Read 1673 times)

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
Your thoughts please.........have a look cheers
« on: April 30, 2008, 10:56 AM »
Right guys, plenty of you have bought stuff off me and I
hope you have all been happy with how I was to deal with.

Last week a member wanted something off me so we chatted on
the phone and came to a price, I wanted to send the stuff with my
courier as its insured and a better price than the post office for me.

But the member said use post office as can collect if not in, also said
sending it sign 4 recorded was ok acknologing it would only have £34
insurance and was worth over £100.

So I send it and it arrives next day. I then get a message saying it
arrived open and bits missing so refused to sign and said return to
sended. I have got the package back and it looks like its been jumped on!
It was a set of rims and 2 sets of hubs, the 2 rear hubs plus nuts and
washers are missing. Ive sent over 10 packages like this to members
on here and this is the first that has ever arrived damaged.

what would you do?

1. Full refund and try to claim off royal mail and I lose out on £9 postage, £76 hubs less £34 max claim and ill be £51 out of pocket.

2. Refund less what I stand to lose.

3. Anyone got any other possibles

Im off out until later tonight so will see what you guys think
thanks for your help with this  :daumenhoch:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: Your thoughts please.........have a look cheers
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Will the member here not help you out ref losses ? , it seems it was them that insisted on Royal Mail & were aware of insurance ? .

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 11:05 AM »
The email I got off them to refund or send again in better packaging
so sounds as if they expect me to accept the loss!

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 11:09 AM »
why do you think royal mail is only 34 quid insurance , special delivery can go to 5K

i guess that its 50 / 50 you stated only 34 insurance ,but to send that kind of value without adequet protection is your doing

tbo i would always refuse to send anything that isnt fully insured as it always ends in tears

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 11:09 AM »
being one of the members on here that has bought things from you and been very pleased with the service, i would sat that if the member insisted on royal mail with only £30 of insurance....then tough t*tty on them, let him get his £30 quid back and learn not to be so tight fisted in future.

Offline Nicfred

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 11:19 AM »
i would always use special delivery,but if the person insist they want cheaper post,tell them that yes you can do it but if things go missing etc(like they say they have) then its not your problem as you gave them the option  :)
i look at it this way,the parts are worth £xxxx so wots a few more nuggets on the postage to be safe/insured/cover your arse,if they dont want it that way let them take resposability if they get lost etc

dj B silverlite

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 11:23 AM »
Hmmmm an awkward one this. If the buyer is a respected member ie you know they wont be ripping people off, i would refund and claim from royal mail. A shame as you will lose out :'(. If they are a dodgy member ie rubberducky then i would have to say tough! its the post you requested.
Will the buyer put some towards the cost?  If not then then i suppose you ill have to put it down to bad experience and charge what it cost's to insure in the future

2020mad

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 11:26 AM »
If they wanted cheap postage, their risk i'm affraid. refund them what you get from royal mail.

adam01

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 11:27 AM »
the member stated that you post his way as to save him self funds so i think its his responsibility and that he should pay for all cost IE: damage goods post and packaging etc.

Adam
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 11:29 AM by adam01 »

virtualmeuk

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 11:30 AM »
Royal mail are shite!!

To be honest i would just say to the bloke that you will only refund him whatever the P.O give you back in compensation. And then it will only be when they pay you the 34 quid. If he accepted that there was not enough cover for the package then it is his responsibility and he cant expect a full refund.

Either that or just say that you will send again using your courier and he has to pay 1/2 the cost. then claim the 34 quid back from royal mail and that should almost cover the costs of the hubs that are missing?

Just an idea.

wolfybmx

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 11:31 AM »
id say its down to the buyer for going cheap on the delivery options offered, and its not saved him any money just grief. as the seller and sender who have the privalage of charging for the required level of insured service to ensure no come back on you. if a buyer does not want insurance its down to them to make a claim to recover there costs from the courier.

a lesson learned here i know sending items can be pricy at times but there is a reason for this at the end of the day. if the buyer has a problem get them to arrange the collexction of the parcel from you and they can then pay for this their end.

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 11:32 AM »
It cost me more to send with royal mail with £34 insurance that it would have with my courier fully insured!

scowey

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 11:49 AM »
If I was buying and insisted on cheaper postage than recommended, and I trusted you were legitimate (which would be a pre-requisite when buying from you) id feel obliged to offer some kind of contribution towards the damaged goods.

Im sure the buyer is in his rights to not accept damaged goods, its a shitty situation. make the claim and divide any loss would be fair.

hope this ends peacefully  :)

se bikes

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 11:51 AM »
Just my opinion but you offered a max insured option, it was his choice knowing the value of Royal Mail insurance it's his loss, TBH we send everything out on a guaranteed next day special with insurance just to cover ourselves (regardless of what we've been paid for postage), if it was his choice he/she accepts the loss by instructing you to post in that way  :police:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 12:04 PM »
I agree, I always sell stuff + postage, then its down to the buyer what type of postage service they want.
If it is something say over £50 in value, I always ask the seller to send it guaranteed next day, that way I get my money back if anything goes wrong.

If he has asked for a postage service with only £34 insurance, then that is what I would refund him.

But having said that, it would depend who it was  :)

steve Beech TA

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 04:22 PM »

hi mate

After bying a few sets of wheels, rims, hubs and calipers etc i can honestly say i have never had any probs.

I have not been on this site for long compared to a lot of others and its obvious that as well as selling stuff for a reasonable price you are also a respected chap, and one that would not rip people of.

If you are expected to stand the cost of the goods as this person expects you to it obvious you cant do that. I would say that i will re send the stuff that was sent back and put the registered receipt in with the stuff and ask him to claim for the missing stuff himself, when he gets the cash he can then re purchase the replacement items of you. at the end of the day it was his choice and decision to go with whoever it was, despite your advice. so really you should not be held responsible.

At the end of the day the saying is along with choice comes responsibilities. in other words he or she decided to use there own Currier they should sort out the mess
also as someone ells said,  if the person is a respected member then they should know how you operate and not put you in the position your in. they did right it refusing to sign though, otherwise they would not be able to claim i presume, but they should stand the cost, you will have to resend it as it is.

hope i dont offend but fair is fair sorry it does not matter who it was i would still say the same, as if they were a mate this would not be an issue now.

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 05:50 PM »
if the buyer asked for the cheaper service then it`s  there fault also doesn`t matter if it`s  a well respected member if he shafted you then tell us ,too many ego`s on here that think we should kiss there a ss at times
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline funkyfresh

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 05:53 PM »
Simple..
They chose the cheaper option, took the risk and they lost (give them the Royal mail compensation)

next time they might not cut corners...
I always take the insured route, especially when BMX stuff is concerened..its priceless and irreplaceable quite often...

nouseforaname

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 05:57 PM »
He chose the postage method so like someone above said, send him the stuff back via your regular courier with the recorded delivery receipt and let him claim the £34 off Royal Snail. Next time he'll realise skimping on postal insurance is just not worth the risk

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 06:01 PM »
I agree..... They requested that form of shipping and knew the insured amount. They surely cant expect you to refund them full whack after they gambled on a cheaper shipping option which backfired.... Their descision and risk....not yours. You keep the money for the items sold and claim £32 standard cover from Royal Mail... When they pay out you give the buyer the £32  :daumenhoch:

dannyboy

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 06:35 PM »
yep getted for the other guy but really its crazy not to have items insured for value

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 07:15 PM »
if the buyer asked for the cheaper service then it`s  there fault also doesn`t matter if it`s  a well respected member if he shafted you then tell us ,too many ego`s on here that think we should kiss there a ss at times

I don't think its got anything to do with kissing some members ass, from my point of view, if I know the member & know they would not mess me about, I would help them out a little more than someone I had never dealt with before.

cherrypicker

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 07:16 PM »
I agree. Lesson to be learned here people. Don't take a chance with your hard earned wedge or that part/s you've been waiting for for a long time. Do the right thing.  Been buying gear from JT for the last 18 months, never a problem.  Whoever the buyer is made that choice that £34 was acceptable if his item was lost/damaged. I'm sorry but the buyer's got to take this one on the chin.

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008, 07:27 PM »
from what i understand the buyer chose to take the risk to use an inferior and cheaper service, therefore they take the consequencies of the damage/loss etc.

they buyer should have kept the stuff, and claimed the £34, then Smoothy would have kept his dosh, and the buyer would have been compensated fot the damage caused by Royal Mail...

not so easy though now...., but i'd let the buyer claim their insurance, £34 !
Just my opinion
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Flaz

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 08:02 PM »
 yep got to agree with the majority  its the buyers own fault  he chose the service his responsibity  you offered the couier service  he didnt want it   in my book thats his fault .....................

END OF !!!!!!    ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Your thoughts please.........have a look cheers

gfxgfx
gfx gfx