gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 15, 2024, 05:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  khe tyres
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: khe tyres  (Read 3955 times)

rodslovechild

khe tyres
« on: May 14, 2008, 06:01 PM »
whats the difference between the khe mac1, mac1.5 and mac2 tyres? and how durable are they compared to other tyres? cheers

darkersomeday

Re: khe tyres
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 06:42 PM »
its the sizing
mac1 is "20x1.75 - mac1.5 is "20x1.9 - mac2 is "20x2.2

theyre good grippy light tyres but HAVE to be run at over 90psi or they'll pinch flat all the time,

they wear quick too and puncture easy,

so light though,

fit k-faf's are better :daumenhoch:

rodslovechild

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 06:54 PM »
what makes them better  :-\ :-\

darkersomeday

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 06:56 PM »
tougher ,grippier, faster :-*

and theyre fit ;)

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 07:03 PM »
Revenge tires are great

"I envision Sean McKinney unravelling stolen bulletproof vests to harvest the Kevlar for them"    -SPRFLS blog

Voodoocars

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 09:15 PM »
Depends where and how you ride.I only ride (mainly) indoor wood parks and try to keep as smoth as possoble on m khe's.Pumped up to 105psi - no probs at all.

But I have seen one go bang at Creation after a heavy flat landing from about 10 ft ! 

rodslovechild

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 09:17 PM »
will be riding wood and concrete, what size do you run? ive seen ppl running 2.1 front, 1.9 rear and some running 2.25 front with 2.1 rear, whats the difference?  ::)

subversion

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 09:22 PM »
Stick to the street versions a the park ones are pretty fragile :knuppel2: I run mac2 front & rear & they are pretty nice tyres...

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 07:47 AM »
just don't do what i did on saturday night and fit them at the park!  i fitted my new Oddy tyres then hit the vert ramp.....literally!!!   make sure you ride em outside for a while a scrub em up  :daumenhoch:

evamedia

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 10:50 AM »
just don't do what i did on saturday night and fit them at the park!  i fitted my new Oddy tyres then hit the vert ramp.....literally!!!   make sure you ride em outside for a while a scrub em up  :daumenhoch:

lol....think we've all done that....once

JT71

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 10:57 AM »

everyday's a school day eh Rob?  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

spicybob

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 11:16 AM »

I did the same at Charlton with my new KHE's.

Scrubb them in well! ;)

Trev

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 11:29 AM »

I was actually gonna say something about that when you said you were gonna put them on, but you disappeared too quickly.
I didn't hear of you coming off at all, so figured you were okay with them.
I'd always go for a bike ride on new tyres. I'd probably do about 4 or 5 miles on the street before hitting the ply.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 12:50 PM »
i did abou 4 or 5 minutes then literally hit the ply!   :LolLolLolLol:

Trev, i hit the deck about 6 times on saturday! nothing too hard.....just embarasing  :-[

2020mad

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 12:57 PM »
I thought you were taking them for the team, so everyone else felt better  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 12:59 PM »
yeah that'll be it  ;)   i went flying while trying to fakie to rollback (if thats what it's called) on the little jump box thingy and my lad came rushing over to see if i was okay!  ahhhhh bless him......... :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 01:13 PM »

lol....think we've all done that....once

I had brand new tires on at Skaterham the other week. I was all over the place at first. After actually wheel spinning when I went to ride across the flat (after crashing a tire tap) I figured it was time for a few laps of Tescos car park.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 01:15 PM »
you see folks!  even the masters do it!  my rear wheel span when i tried to ride off on the flat too......quite un-nerving  :-\

rodslovechild

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 01:19 PM »
tbh mine were spinning riding up things but as i didnt  know any different thought it was happening to everyone  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 05:42 PM »
i run the mac 2's and when on street i just let em down to about 70 psi to stop punctures
as rode from garage to wrk the other day 1/2 mile on 100 psi
and me wrist's almost snapped from the little stones lol
proper killer on em

subversion

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 10:22 PM »
I've always run mine around 70psi - no probs... :daumenhoch:

Fashionrider

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 10:26 PM »
just a bit of input from a young newschool rider

the khe tires are good but ive seen a lot pop off

ide look into the new Fit as fook tires manuafactured by Fitbikeco. There foldable and lightweight, brilliant treat and are better quality by one of bmx's leading manufacturers

im running them at the minute and there fab!

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2008, 05:51 PM »
im going on 19 stone almost lol
and never had a prob with the khe's popping
or going flat either

luke__bmx

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2008, 06:49 PM »
whats the difference between the khe mac1, mac1.5 and mac2 tyres? and how durable are they compared to other tyres? cheers
The differnce is the thicknes and the mac 2 dirt is the most durable i run the foulding one on the front.

darkersomeday

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2008, 08:08 PM »
The differnce is the thicknes and the mac 2 dirt is the most durable i run the foulding one on the front.

waht a load of bollocks,

maybe read the whole thread?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  khe tyres

gfxgfx
gfx gfx