gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 06, 2024, 04:05 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Rare Race frame - reluctant sale...need wonga!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rare Race frame - reluctant sale...need wonga!  (Read 6156 times)

Offline holwuff

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Rare Race frame - reluctant sale...need wonga!
« on: June 14, 2008, 06:33 PM »
1983 Batavus race frame. rare as rocking horse shit!
dont know too much about this company other than its Redlines Dutch based sister company!
nice light frame with round top tube and oval down tube!

basically a 1983 REDLINE with a diff sticker on!!!

in 83 this frame was bought from the kleingeld bicycle shop in rotterdam and was basically was a cheaper alternative  for the expensive hutch and  kuwahara in those days.

the original builder of the bike has been in contact via the powers of the tinterweb!

i have taken this to my local bike store and he has given me a figure that he would recommend i should accept, was gonna ebay it but thought id give you guys the chance to wet my appetite 1st!
i intended to keep it for myself but im a burner boy and cant accomadate too many bikes and need the cash for other stuff!

:daumenhoch:

donkeybambam

Re: Rare Race frame - reluctant sale...need wonga!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 06:37 PM »
GIVE US A CLUE...............(PRICE) :daumenhoch:

darkersomeday

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 06:40 PM »
whats the tt length please?

looks around "12 :LolLolLolLol:

moley

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 06:52 PM »
Most people would be happy with a length of 12"!! ;)

Offline holwuff

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 07:28 PM »
tt length is 17"

donkeybambam

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 07:32 PM »
HOW MUCH ARE YOU LOOKING FOR...............LET US KNOW..ITS SENDING ME :crazy2:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 07:37 PM »
Is this a guessing game ? , put a price up  ::)

donkeybambam

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 07:44 PM »
THANKS MATT :daumenhoch:

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 07:46 PM »
$30 Shipped.  :daumenhoch:

Offline holwuff

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 07:49 PM »
its a hard one to price, apparently its something that is so seldom found of even known of that its worth only what someone will pay for it, like most things!
put it this way, my man in the shop (who may be wide of the mark himself) was thinking 3 figures! i found it hard to believe until i looked at other batavus online and even the rickety old shopping style bikes were going for £1500 etc.

this is why im open to offers becouse i really dont know for sure what its worth!  :crazy2:

snav69

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 07:56 PM »
Put it back on ebay  :daumenhoch:

Thats the offers shop  ;)

:coolsmiley:

donkeybambam

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 08:00 PM »
THAT RIGHT SNAV69........YOU ARE DEAD RIGHT............ :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 08:03 PM »
didnt someone on rad win one recently on ebay really cheap,  ???

Rooonga

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 08:11 PM »
At the end of the day - even though it may be rare if no-one wants it it's only worth a few quid.

However if you get a few people interested in can sky rocket on the bay. Just depends who is after one.

Offline holwuff

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 08:14 PM »
yeah i won this off ebay a while ago pretty cheap to be honest, im not trying to rob anyone but im selling for the wonga to fund my burners,so like i said, it could be a gem, but if i get a peachy offer to save the dreaded evilbay then a deal can be done!  :daumenhoch:

Offline holwuff

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2008, 08:15 PM »
At the end of the day - even though it may be rare if no-one wants it it's only worth a few quid.

However if you get a few people interested in can sky rocket on the bay. Just depends who is after one.

exactly mate! :daumenhoch:

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2008, 08:34 PM »
I won one on ebay for 24 quid inc postage 2 months ago,Frame and Forks. Frame Chrome at dropouts is blistering,but other than that its fine.Blummin Short tho!
Think the headset and BB that came with it were worth more (well they are to me). Its kinda like a poor mans MXIII but quite funky and i like you held onto it thinking it may be worth a few spondoolies.

Trying to find a clueless Dutchman with £££'s to throw away as we speak  ;D

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2008, 08:38 PM »
As has been said,put a price up on here,its the FOR SALE section.

If someone wants it they'll buy it,if its a silly price no-one will touch it. Look at the spate of ads lately.Some silly prices mean lots of views but no sales.

At the very least put up a figure close to what you want.

Just before this topic gets moved to chat section :-

Gheybay. Simple as that.  :daumenhoch:

gossa

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 09:50 PM »
Since when was Batavus a sister company of Redline?

Looks like it's worth not a lot from where i'm sitting but like everyone says, stop flirting and put up an asking price.

Offline holwuff

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 10:04 PM »
Since when was Batavus a sister company of Redline?

Looks like it's worth not a lot from where i'm sitting but like everyone says, stop flirting and put up an asking price.

ummmmmm! here - http://www.fatbmx.com/modules/news/article.php'storyid=1816

beginning to feel some negative vibes so i think im gonna ebay it, fairest way! those of you with any interest can bid for it on there!
:daumenhoch:

gossa

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 10:21 PM »
Like I said since when have they been sister companies because they aint. Your original quote "basically a 1983 REDLINE with a diff sticker on" is misleading and complete nonsense. You have a very mediocre frame there mate that aint worth much so put it back on ebay or maybe keep hold of it as it's a 'reluctant sale'.

firebird4130

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 11:00 PM »
That was really funny  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline holwuff

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 11:28 PM »
im sorry if i have caused anyone any distress by my listing tonight. i certainly didnt intend to mislead anyone!

i had read this and it tied in with the advice of my bike shop dude! taken from http://www.fatbmx.com/modules/news/article.php'storyid=1816

”We are very excited about expanding the reach of Redline throughout Europe,” commented SBS president Chuck Hooper. “We’ve always had a presence in the BMX market in key areas, but adding larger, sister-companies Batavus, Winoura and Lapierre will ensure that Redline’s are available to areas who never before had access to the most popular brand of BMX race bike.”

now i have re read it im not sure if redline were connected to batavus in 83 but it says since redlines inception in 1974... then it goes on to mention batavus.
and "Redline Bikes will be available from are Batavus, Winora and Lapierre as early as November 2006"
ok...my bad!

im an honest geezer and was offering it up to offers becouse i have no idea of value, as i originally stated!

its a nice frame and if i had more room and less burners i would do something with it!

i  meant no harm!  :-X

« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 11:32 PM by holwuff »

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2008, 11:44 PM »
im sorry if i have caused anyone any distress by my listing tonight. i certainly didnt intend to mislead anyone!

i had read this and it tied in with the advice of my bike shop dude! taken from http://www.fatbmx.com/modules/news/article.php'storyid=1816

”We are very excited about expanding the reach of Redline throughout Europe,” commented SBS president Chuck Hooper. “We’ve always had a presence in the BMX market in key areas, but adding larger, sister-companies Batavus, Winoura and Lapierre will ensure that Redline’s are available to areas who never before had access to the most popular brand of BMX race bike.”

now i have re read it im not sure if redline were connected to batavus in 83 but it says since redlines inception in 1974... then it goes on to mention batavus.
and "Redline Bikes will be available from are Batavus, Winora and Lapierre as early as November 2006"
ok...my bad!

im an honest geezer and was offering it up to offers becouse i have no idea of value, as i originally stated!

its a nice frame and if i had more room and less burners i would do something with it!

i  meant no harm!  :-X

holwuff ,

No worries man , it's difficult with some unknown/obsolete products now & then . I think the main concern was that there was'nt a price or price ono or offers in excess of ? . Generally no price just causes headaches or frustrates/antagonises people and in those obvious situations where you as the seller claims to not know the value then ebay is the best option with a link on here if you wish .

Good luck with you sale .

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2008, 12:13 AM »
but, it is a real POS. there are loads of them around. one or two on markplaats every week in holland and usually around 20-30 euros for a full build. if they were close enough and had decent enough parts on i used to go and get them, strip them and then throw the frames at the tip. they are hi-ten mig welded benelux burners. i know a shop that has 4 NOS f+f sets in belgium, they were the only old school items i didn't take. i left one in the back garden when i moved to the uk again. Like i said, not rare not good and not worth a carrot. batavus make some good normal dutch bloke bikes, a couple of decent droppy's but nowt else, they even had a freestyler, that was a POS too!

and this thing

which is the best of the worst.
ding dong

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Rare Race frame - reluctant sale...need wonga!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx