gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975598 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 08, 2024, 06:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Colony MVP frame...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Colony MVP frame...  (Read 2100 times)

bmxer4ever

Colony MVP frame...
« on: June 27, 2008, 11:51 PM »
Thinking of getting one of these - anyone got one and what are they like?
G

rodslovechild

Re: Colony MVP frame...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 06:02 AM »
ive got the colony endeavor frame and mvp forks and couldnt be happier

dunno if that helps you tho  :LolLolLolLol:

all of the colony stuff i have i have had no problems with :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 07:06 AM »
not much better hear with advice as i don't have a colony frame....but i do have colony forks, stem, sproket, seat and post combo and their stuff is top quality!   :daumenhoch:

macky

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 07:20 PM »

I was looking at this frame myself...

not heard too much about it as i dont know anybody who has one....

wouldn't mind some info on it myself before i buy one...

look decent... light too!!

http://www.danscomp.com/211503.php?cat=FRAMESFSD#

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 09:02 PM »
 :) Never heard a bad word about Colony stuff.Do wonder why it`s called the MVP.Thought that was a film called MVP-Most Vertical Primate about a skateboarding chimp!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 11:47 AM »
It's the Dave Freimuth signature model - his style of riding is what I'm into, so I thought a frame designed by him would be the way to go. Plus the fact it's really light and strong with a lifetime guarantee to original owner. Not cheap, but then i don't mind paying good money for what could potentially be the last bike I ever buy.... (I'm 40 next February!).

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 11:52 AM »
40 is nothing,keep going until you go no more! I never knew Freimuth had left Macneil.....

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 09:46 PM »
Colony stuff all looks good.  The UK distributor is member here - Stevie B, he of self-tattoo fame  :)

Get in touch with him before you order owt, he often has deals available on selected bits and bobs  :daumenhoch:

Gary, I'm a bit of a Friemuth fan myself (especially after the Face Value vid, remember that?).  I'm currently riding a Macneil Friemuth  :)

bmxer4ever

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 11:13 PM »
Colony stuff all looks good.  The UK distributor is member here - Stevie B, he of self-tattoo fame  :)

Get in touch with him before you order owt, he often has deals available on selected bits and bobs  :daumenhoch:

Gary, I'm a bit of a Friemuth fan myself (especially after the Face Value vid, remember that?).  I'm currently riding a Macneil Friemuth  :)

Cool - thanks for the info!
There's a couple of vids with Friemuth on 'em kickin' about at the mo- lovin' his style. It's what I aspire to.

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 10:23 AM »
Gary go for it! Youll really feel the difference in weight from your old Fly as well - youll be ripping more thanever!
Hope you can come to the next Old Fools mate,
cheers,
steve
ps - you could build up your old frame for your good lady to have too!

Steve Shindig

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 10:48 AM »
FYI, I stopped importing Colony a year ago now, but still have the odd bits....

MVP is a nice frame, super low and light with a long wheelbase, so it's stable as hell.  Personally I wanted a short as hell and super twitchy rear end so I prefer the Sect but that's just my preference. 

WWWORD

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 10:51 AM »
What do you import now Stevie?

Steve Shindig

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 11:36 AM »
What do you import now Stevie?

The Take, Micreation, VClub and Season Bikes (i think) 

And my own line of stuff.

:daumenhoch:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 06:05 PM »
Gary go for it! Youll really feel the difference in weight from your old Fly as well - youll be ripping more thanever!
Hope you can come to the next Old Fools mate,
cheers,
steve
ps - you could build up your old frame for your good lady to have too!

Cheers Steve - progressing more is the idea with gettin' a new frame. I was so lame on OF4, I'd love to come to OF5 just to show that I can actually RIDE! Too damn tired both days...! (Legend my ass....hahaha!)

That thought has occured to me......thinkin' of Fiola replica look - red Fly frame, black tuffs etc.!

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 09:03 PM »
Oh yeah, blackmags on that frame, be sooo good looking! And by the way mate, the time you spent on the mint ramp at Rom was time for us all to stand there open jawed - you still rule dude. See you in September!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 10:45 PM »
FYI, I stopped importing Colony a year ago now, but still have the odd bits....

MVP is a nice frame, super low and light with a long wheelbase, so it's stable as hell.  Personally I wanted a short as hell and super twitchy rear end so I prefer the Sect but that's just my preference. 

WWWORD

Hi Stevie - got a question for you - i like/need to run a good size seatpost on my bike (see below!) - do the Colony frames accept one or are they bulit for a stub post? It just looks like the seatpost gets smaller a few inches below the top tube? Might just be the pic, but it's got me askin'!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 10:47 PM »
Oh yeah, blackmags on that frame, be sooo good looking! And by the way mate, the time you spent on the mint ramp at Rom was time for us all to stand there open jawed - you still rule dude. See you in September!

Flattery will get you everywhere.....

Steve Shindig

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 10:11 AM »
YO Gary, you can run a long seat post on any modern frame...  they look kinda cool too as modern frames are lower, so it'll look flatlandish...
S.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 07:34 PM »
YO Gary, you can run a long seat post on any modern frame...  they look kinda cool too as modern frames are lower, so it'll look flatlandish...
S.

PHEW!!!
Thanks for that Stevie, that's a big relief!
Where do you reckon's the best place to buy one?
I was gonna go with Alans, 'cos they've got a few other things I want, like Profiles w/ti axle....

rodslovechild

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 08:57 PM »
if your gonna get profiles with the ti axle then www.sourcebmx.co.uk is the cheapest, free delivery too :daumenhoch:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 11:29 PM »
if your gonna get profiles with the ti axle then www.sourcebmx.co.uk is the cheapest, free delivery too :daumenhoch:

Thanks for that! Loads of handy info guys - keep it coming! I'll let you all know what else I'm after and see what you come up with!
G

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Colony MVP frame...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx