gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975597 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 08, 2024, 04:43 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish Winter Series 2008
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Scottish Winter Series 2008  (Read 8335 times)

kennyhunter6061

Scottish Winter Series 2008
« on: October 08, 2008, 01:43 AM »
Okay guys, the first date in the Winter Calendar will be Sunday 19th October.  More dates to follow but Sunday 28th December is also confirmed as our Christmas Classic, which is also one of the Rounds in the Winter Series for Oldschool & Newschool classes.  As well as race dates, from Sunday 16th November we will be at the track every Sunday doing practice sessions and fun races, when there isn't actually a 'proper' race on, so feel free to pop along  :daumenhoch:  I will be concentrating more on the newschool bike over the winter, but might do one or two rounds just to make sure the rest of you don't start slacking!

Winter Series Dates:

19/10/2008 - Round 1
26/10/2008 - Round 2
16/11/2008 - Round 3
30/11/2008 - Round 4
28/12/2008 - Round 5
01/01/2009 - Round 6
01/02/2009 - Round 7
08/03/2009 - Round 8

The series will be based on best 6 finishes out of 8.  These dates are for newschool & oldschool.  As always, everyone is welcome to come along and take part or just watch and catch up with some old friends.  For the Winter Series we will only be charging a race fee if you wish to be included in the overall standings at the end of the series, and receive a trophy.  If you might only be able to make the odd round, or don't particularly want a trophy or official ranking, then you can race for free!  :)  Trophies will be presented to every rider who has completed at least 5 rounds, regardless of what position they finish.  Hope this makes sense.  If you've got any questions then just PM me or give me a phone.  07518391923.  Cheers!

All rounds will cost £3 to race.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 04:18 PM by kennyhunter6061 »

stevj

Re: Scottish Winter Series 2008
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 06:34 PM »
kenny count me in i'll be there with old and new school wheels on kust waiting for the decals mate. I'll be bringing ma boy down with his minigoose and possibly a few highland names..

oldskool names interested

Michael Fraser                         looking for a bike
Pete Scott                               looking for a bike
Chris "Munger" Mckinnon        looking for a bike
Henrik Bishop                          doesnt know just wants to catch up
Mark Bishop                            hutch pro in chrome
Colin Grant                              zeronine pro xl in red
Bryan Widdison                       looking for a bike

PS: Kev if you read this get niggling your brother his wee Finn is desperate to ride his mini redline on a track him and my Lewis are always out on there bikes down the river...

« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 06:36 PM by stephen Fraser »

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 04:19 PM »
Now updated with all the rounds.

Stevo

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 07:14 PM »
These dates are now listed at www.titansbmx.co.uk

moley

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 07:43 PM »
LMK the results on Sunday and I'll start a new results table!!  :)

Good luck!   :daumenhoch:

kevin rettie

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 07:51 PM »
Kenny

Can't make the weekend I'm afraid but I'll put the other dates in the diary and see how it pans out.

Have a good un lads.   :daumenhoch:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 06:50 PM »
Round 1 was rained off.  As if the heavy rain wasn't bad enough, the high winds meant it was just too dangerous to run the race.  We will add another round after the new year to make it back up to 8 rounds.  Oh well, see you all again on Sunday 26th when we will try again  ::)

stevj

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 10:55 PM »
Chris "MUNGER" Mckinnon just emailed me a picture of his new old school haro group one sweet another one for the gate he raced you I think Scott cause he's the same age as Pete look him up on my facebook..... ;D

kevin rettie

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 11:31 PM »
Steve

Are you guys coming down this weekend? Lets hope the weathers fine.

stevj

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 10:32 PM »
well when the rain stops I see its canceled so Aye we'll be down well me an ma son Lewis i'll have me bike and me goose as well as his.... Chris is in the Indian ocean haven't seen Pete this week, Mikes looking at a recore I think and Colin havent spoken to but we'll be there around midday hope to see you there.... :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 12:30 AM by stephen Fraser »

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 04:00 PM »
Yep, this Sunday is cancelled.  Crap weather.  On a positive note, we should have our new 6m x 3m heavy duty pop-up gazebo, pa system, 15 loaner fullface helmets and 15 loaner pairs of SE race gloves in time for our next round on 16th November.  Sadly we couldn't afford the 3000ft2 perspex dome to cover the track so we'll just have to hope the current crap weather eases off.

kevin rettie

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Phew, bikes are in bits and am struggling to fit my profiles onto the Haro.

See you all on the 16th.

Kevin

mike fraser

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 09:18 AM »
Phew, bikes are in bits and am struggling to fit my profiles onto the Haro.

See you all on the 16th.

Kevin

whats the problem kev i might be able to help

mike

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 06:29 PM »
Just a reminder that the first round will be this Sunday (16th).  We'll have the first outing for all our cool new gear, all paid for by The Pulse youth diversion scheme (thanks Ronnie!), including 6mx3m gazebo, Mackie PA system, 15 full face helmets (they look ace!), 15 pairs of Ikon gloves, and a big box trailer to tow it all about in, as well as a pile of other stuff.  Oh, and we'll have a telly, dvd player and some chairs in the gazebo too, playing race vidz & the Backyard box set, as well as the usual free Red Bull, so plenty to do even if you're not racing.  Lets hope the weather is kind to us and we can actually have a race this time!  ::)

moley

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 08:59 PM »
Good luck!!  :daumenhoch:

stevj

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 09:19 PM »
sunday weather outlook dry wih some patchy cloud 10 degrees and very light breeze so no advantage to wearing a kagool that will fill up with the wind down the straights then  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Just seen my bro's Revcore its looking sweet he needs whels on it though !!!!!

Kev spoke wi Keith last week he says he might go give him a phone will ya and Gee him up!!!

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 09:26 PM »
MMMMMMMMMMMMM

WAT AM I DOIN SUNDAY??????

RUSS :-*

mike fraser

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2008, 03:39 PM »
kenny count me in i'll be there with old and new school wheels on kust waiting for the decals mate. I'll be bringing ma boy down with his minigoose and possibly a few highland names..

oldskool names interested

Michael Fraser                         looking for a bike
Pete Scott                               looking for a bike
Chris "Munger" Mckinnon        looking for a bike
Henrik Bishop                          doesnt know just wants to catch up
Mark Bishop                            hutch pro in chrome
Colin Grant                              zeronine pro xl in red
Bryan Widdison                       looking for a bike

PS: Kev if you read this get niggling your brother his wee Finn is desperate to ride his mini redline on a track him and my Lewis are always out on there bikes down the river...

a wee update for yous

i`m building a revcore that i got from russ  should have the redline flight twin pinch cranks(thanks kenny) on by the saturday along with the wheels i`m getting from JT smooth :4_17_5:
pete scott is now building a GT pro 87 (that i gave him)
Chris "Munger" Mckinnon has now got a haro group 1 RS1

mike fraser

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 03:41 PM »
hope you all had a good day guys

D Wright

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 07:23 PM »
Hope you all had a good race today - was thinking of you, (but unfortunately had loads of jobs to do at home).

Looking forward to seeing the photos or videos.

Hoping to get down to one or two races later in the Winter.

David Wright
(Formerly of Lochaber BMX Club)

stevj

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 07:17 PM »
1 cracked rib but hey all in a days arsen around  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

loved the day great weather track rode well and the ding dong in the 17+ was entertainment you wont find on the X factor eh "Kenny"

see you all 2 weeks time  ;D

stevj

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 09:37 PM »
Guys spoke with a woman the night that is co-ordinating community projects around here and she has the backing of 3 local construction companies and I need to get back to her on how much to renovate the old track in Nairn to BITD standard I'll keep you posted....

Build it and they will come sounds like an idea for a film you think Kevin Costner could star as "Kenny Hunter". :LolLolLolLol:

kevin rettie

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 07:41 PM »
Did you fall off then steve? Good news about the nairn track.... best in Scotland BITD.

Gutted I missed out at the weekend, who was all there? Any piccies and who won?

Not sure I will be able to make the next few races, wife is due another little radster on the 8th of  December so will be difficult to get over. Hopefully be able to make it in the new year though.

Lets see some pics  then..... :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 10:48 PM »
Results now up on www.ossbmxracing.co.uk

I could do with Plate Numbers and RADBMX names for  Scott Davidson and .............(I've just noticed Stephen Fraser is just Stephen Fraser)  ;D

And Plate numbers for anyone else who has changed theirs!!

If you want your picture and bike details up on the site then follow this link for details :-

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=60411.0

Cheers!!  :daumenhoch:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 10:51 PM »
you think Kevin Costner could star as "Kenny Hunter". :LolLolLolLol:

Why Costner?  Is Brad Pitt too busy like?  :LolLolLolLol:  Marlon Brando would have been more accurate, unfortunately he has now curled up his toes.  Aye, 17+ was the one to watch, I just beat David by 1 point.  It's going to be carnage over the winter, I can feel it.  Results for 17+ and Oldschool are:

17+
1. Kenny Hunter
2. David Lindsay
3. Lewis Allan
4. Dominic Laing

Oldschool
1. Scott Davidson
2. Kenny Scullion
3. Stephen Fraser
4. Marc Stewart (kuwahero)
5. Steven Mitchell (stevo)
6. David Herron

See you on 30th November!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish Winter Series 2008

gfxgfx
gfx gfx