gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975568 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 18, 2024, 09:49 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Chris King Bottom Brackets - you heard it here first.....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chris King Bottom Brackets - you heard it here first.....  (Read 2721 times)

thecrooch

Chris King Bottom Brackets - you heard it here first.....
« on: October 22, 2008, 10:26 AM »
http://www.aspirevelotech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc'screen=CTGY&Category_Code=CK_BB_68MM

US$129 (bargain if they are as good as the headsets and hubs) and 10 colours to choose from..... including the new - err Brown, yes Brown.... Americans huh???

If Chris King have put their name to them they are bound to be brilliant, they were one of the main brains behind the ISIS BB that failed horrifically in the MTB world but were the only company not to bring one out - as they obviously realised it didnt work to their standards and wouldnt put their name to it....

Bring em on....

oh and ive used Aspire velotech loads of time - registered CK dealer and will always be sensible when posting to the UK. (headsets are posted free!)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 10:39 AM by Crooch »

jedi

Re: Chris King Bottom Brackets - you heard it here first.....
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 10:37 AM »
they also had a square taper bb for years but never made a single one!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 07:09 PM »
I love my Chris King Headsets but I wouldn't buy their hubs or BB's though as they're too expensive for what they are.

For example the rear hub was almost £400. It's good but is it £260 better than a DXR hub. :idiot2:

Moschops

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 07:49 PM »
Buy a HOPE BB the same level of design and engineering but its British  :Great_Britain:

few quid less as well  ;)

dialledbikes

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 10:48 AM »
Hope stuff is good (and quite unheard of in the BMX world).  Shame they don't make a BMX cassette hub.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 10:55 AM »
yep Hope are a quality brand that's for sure!  my old Sport hubs are still smooth as silk and tight as a drum! 

thecrooch

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 11:09 AM »
Buy a HOPE BB the same level of design and engineering but its British  :Great_Britain:

few quid less as well  ;)

they will actually work out about the same price (if you order them from the states)  but yeah agree on the buy british angle....

As for Hope's quality only problem i ever had was the design on their sport hubs, had the spindle fall out on me a number of times. was only held in by a small rubber grommit..  had pawls and springs fly out all over the place on the trailside... took me 2 hours to find them all and somehow through more luck than judgement get them all back in....  longest puncture i ever had....  Im sure they're better now though....  and ive always used their brakes - amazing bit of kit...

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 11:12 AM »
and the times i had the old C2 brakes, they were spot on for back up service!  i needed new seals for the levers and they sent them all the next day free of charge!  :4_17_5:

thecrooch

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 11:14 AM »
and the times i had the old C2 brakes, they were spot on for back up service!  i needed new seals for the levers and they sent them all the next day free of charge!  :4_17_5:
C2's ahh now you are talking - loved the wind up adjusters...  just dont take em to Chamonix - they couldnt quite handle the descents.. virtually had to walk half way down with locked on brakes

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 11:16 AM »
 :2funny: :2funny:  yeah i had the same problems out there too!  dialled right out but still locked on!  oh and then they gave up on me completely a few years back going around my normal haunt Leigh hill on the north downs............i did nearly the whole lot with no brakes!  i wore out the sole completely on my shoes  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Chris King Bottom Brackets - you heard it here first.....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx