gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975551 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 10, 2024, 10:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Removing Handgrips Carefully
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Removing Handgrips Carefully  (Read 415 times)

LeeVDC

Removing Handgrips Carefully
« on: October 26, 2008, 10:55 AM »
Hi fellas

Probably been asked and answered many times over,

I have got to remove 3 sets of NOS handgrips from 3 sets of Monkey Bars, ODI Mushrooms, Ame Unitrons and some Oakley F1's, I need to keep them mint as they are being re-fitted after bars are being re=powdercoated and chromed...What is the best and easiest way of getting them off without damaging em????

Cheers

LeeVDC

fouronethreeoh!

Re: Removing Handgrips Carefully
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 11:23 AM »
I use a plastic cable tie and wd40, gradually work the thin end of cable tie under the grip, poke the wd40 tube in the gap and give it a little spray. Then work the cable tie in a little more, repeat above till the grip comes off the bar.  :daumenhoch: Job done

munners

Re: Removing Handgrips Carefully
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 11:35 AM »
Easy. Hot water with lots of fairy liquid. Lift the grip a little and pour a load in wetting the whole grip. Then just work the grip by moving it up and down . Pour a load more water and it will gradually work its way down and the grip will loosen off. Works everytime and cleans your grip!  :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Removing Handgrips Carefully

gfxgfx
gfx gfx