gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975601 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 10, 2024, 01:45 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Finally... Skyway T/A 25th Anniversary framesets!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Finally... Skyway T/A 25th Anniversary framesets!  (Read 4624 times)

ColoredTuffs.com

Finally... Skyway T/A 25th Anniversary framesets!
« on: April 22, 2009, 04:10 AM »

This has taken longer than what I wanted... but the frames and forks are finally finished!  Greg Esser just welded the final frame in our second batch yesterday morning.  The framesets are now going to the powdercoaters, so these beauties will be out the door quickly!
 I will be contacting everybody that placed a deposit already this week.  Looks like half are staying here in the States, 1 is going to Australia, 1 is going to Germany, 2 to Thailand, and the remainder of these are all heading to the UK!
 Thanks to everyone for waiting patiently!
-Ed

ColoredTuffs.com

Re: Finally... Skyway T/A 25th Anniversary framesets!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 04:19 AM »

here's a few more pics....

munners

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 07:11 AM »
Another great pic. Love him wearing the Skyway top. :4_17_5:

magna13

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 03:47 PM »
Skyway :smitten: The T/A still looks a beautiful and great peice of kit by todays standards :smitten: Will they ever make a NS Racer? with NS geometry as i'd buy one :4_17_5:

cherrypicker

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 08:34 PM »
Great pics Ed, glad to hear they'll be here soon  :daumenhoch:

gossa

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 10:32 PM »
Wow, I thought they'd be jigged for welding unless they were tacked in a jig, hope they're straight.........

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 10:46 PM »
Wow, I thought they'd be jigged for welding unless they were tacked in a jig, hope they're straight.........

Im sure they must be tacked in a jig first, but i was wondering the same thing?...  :-\

matt

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 10:50 PM »
me to, they must pull all over with some good solid tacks

bmxbert

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 11:12 PM »
wish i ordered one.......... :'(

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 01:43 AM »
The entire frame is jigged, and tacked very well.  Greg moves the frame around alot when welding- flipping over the frame as he welds each tube and the jig simply won't allow that type of motion.  He's been doing it this way since the 70's on all of the MCS's, and every other company that he's welded for over the decades- CW, Hutch, Profile, fabWeld, Roadkill, Cyclecraft, etc...  I'll get some pics of the tubing in the jigs on the next batch of frames to illustrate his method.

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 02:27 AM »
Great pic's, T/A's rock  :coolsmiley:

must of took a while to weld all those frames  :shocked:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 01:29 PM »
Skyway Cruisers ?

when
how much

:daumenhoch:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

muttley

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 02:25 PM »
So when are the new TA's coming out then???? Or was i dreaming??

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 03:08 PM »
One thing at a time here, boys!

Once we finish these 25th Anniversary "originals", we'll be working on the new stuff.  Hopefully not at this snails pace though... but all good things take time, and are worth waiting for.  That's my mum tells me at least....

I for one want to get that cruiser done for personal rearsons, as that'll be my next race bike!

Paulo

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 11:56 AM »

So anyone heard from Ed recently about the 2nd batch? I've just sent another email to him in the vane hope he'll read it and respond.

Tick tock, tick tock. :yahoo_silent:

Paulo

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 06:55 PM »
Should I take that as a no then!!

cherrypicker

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 09:48 PM »
Mine landed about a week ago. Tis a beautiful thing. I checked it out and put it straight back in the box  ??? I too sent some strong words to Ed, which may have been a bit out of order as he laid out from the start how busy he was.  I was just a bit pissed that that i paid top whack for speedy shipping and it was still six weeks later that it got here - then bloody import duty. But anyways, thanks Ed - for a well nice piece of kit  :daumenhoch:

martylaa

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 07:46 AM »
I have emailed we many times trying to get one never once had a reply!

bokbok

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 11:22 AM »
hi they look nice how much are you as a matter of interest ? ;)

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2009, 05:16 AM »
Hi Paulo
 As mentioned in another post, I've been closed and out of the shop for a few weeks.  If you sent an email, I'll be seeing it for the first time this coming Monday once I'm back in the shop.  This time of year I do have to travel a bit, and things do back up a bit.

Cherrypicker- I'm glad that it arrived safely.  Enjoy it!

I will be making the 3rd and final batch of 50 framesets in the near future.  I'm not saying a date right now, as I learned my lesson about doing so, and then having my welder push it back..........!

I have responded back to everybody (as of June 16th) that requested to be on the waiting list.  If you have not heard back from me- I did not get your request, OR your email server sent me to your spam-file.  Email me at "sales@coloredtuffs.com" with the words SKYWAY TA 25th ANNIVERSARY in the topic line to be placed on the waiting list.
-Ed

Paulo

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2009, 10:41 AM »
Ed oh Ed, everything about you sucks...don't blame your welder.

I have sent you another email, to your sales email address. Look at my last one first. You are really winding me up. If you can't see my emails...check your spam folder!!

Travel a lot this time of year...no excuse Ed, no excuse....

and your still trying to get other people to sign up to the waiting list. How about letting the people know is on the list for starters...

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2009, 05:23 PM »
and your still trying to get other people to sign up to the waiting list. How about letting the people know is on the list for starters...
EVERYONE that was on the list prior to June 16th was notified already.  As I stated, if you did not get a email back, then either I did not get an email from you, or my return email to you ended up in your spam box.

Paulo

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2009, 06:03 PM »
EVERYONE that was on the list prior to June 16th was notified already.  As I stated, if you did not get a email back, then either I did not get an email from you, or my return email to you ended up in your spam box.

Ed - I'm not having a slagging match on this site because it would be too easy for me...just read my emails and follow the VERY CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS. REFUND NOW!!!
If you want to know when I sent you my deposit, then check out many of my emails to you over the last few months.

b45t4rd

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2009, 06:18 PM »
Will stick my oar in here. Emailed Ed regarding a UGP number plate, no reply, what a surprise. So now the evil Danscomp.com wil get my cash :Aresehole:

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 01:03 AM »
Paulo,
 I went into the shop today to look up all info about this transaction.  I emailed you with all of the details.  In a nutshell- You paid a deposit for a frameset on May 19th 2008, and I did contact you twice with PayPal invoices for the remainder of the balance - on August 6th, and on September 11th.  The copies of the requests were emailed to you.
 Your PayPal addy is different that the email address that you just used to email to me, so maybe that was the problem.  In any case- I did try on a couple occasions to finish this up, and that frameset is still available to you right now for immediate shipping.

Vestan- Not sure if that's your real name or not, but I quickly scanned through my over 600 new emails and didn't see anything with "UGP" in the heading, so I'll look for it as I go through them this week.  Sorry if that makes me an "asshole", but the fact remains that it takes time to go through many emails after a closing, as customers that placed an order do expect fast shipping once we re-open.
-Ed

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Finally... Skyway T/A 25th Anniversary framesets!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx