gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975545 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 07, 2024, 04:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Wheel Clearance problem
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Wheel Clearance problem  (Read 983 times)

FuNMoNsTeR

Wheel Clearance problem
« on: February 19, 2006, 05:44 PM »
I am having problems with the Vector Mark 2 frame. I cannot get a wheel to fit in the frame properly. I had to take all the cone nuts off bar one to get it to seat in the rear dropouts. Even with this method in place the drive side of the hub doesnt look like it has enough clearance to take a sprocket without it hitting the frame. The none drive side has only a thin washer seperating it from the frame and no cone nut. I am not happy to ride it like this. I have a set of chrome arayas too and get exactly the same problem...they will only fit if i take all the cone nuts off. Do i need really thin cone nuts and some kind of special cassette sprocket?
Piccys:

theRuler

Re: Wheel Clearance problem
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 05:48 PM »
most of my frames are tight
sometimes its like you need 4 arms to get the back wheel in

its normal to have to flex out the frame (a little) to accomodate the backwheel (and the forks sometimes)

you need the cone nuts in there dude

it'll go.

motomagII

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 06:30 PM »
if youve tried a couple diferent hubs then bit force is needed mate but get another pair hands it hurts when they slip as you try bend and twist and slide the wheel in oucxh

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 10:59 AM »
Ok i put 1 hex cone nut back on each side and added the freewheel. I spread the rear tri and pushed in the wheel. As you can see it wont fit. The freewheeel runs right against the frame. The arayas i have have the same sized hub.
 So... do i need thinner cone nuts and some special kind of freewheel that doesn't overhang?
Cheers :)

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 11:11 AM »
maybe its cos the flip flop is too wide for the frame?

try to put a non flip flop hub and and see what happens?

You got a tuff there?

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 11:51 AM »
yeah, try no flippy.
I want to touch ORB

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 12:31 PM »
Cheers m8....Yup...the flip flop hub is 1 cm wider than the hub on my 7x. I have got the 7x to fit....Just.
 I waited all these years to run a set of GT sealed hubs and the bloody things wont fit..... typical :(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Wheel Clearance problem

gfxgfx
gfx gfx