gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 03:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  1993 era correct tyres!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1993 era correct tyres!  (Read 2736 times)

thecaptain

1993 era correct tyres!
« on: July 03, 2009, 01:23 PM »
hi guys

few weeks since ive made a topic here, almost got my S&M 93 dirtbike to how i wanted it, picked up a padset (pity its repro and even more pissed that S&m just brought out new padsets which are about a tenner) also picked up some dancing man slam bars.

only thing im after now are era correct tyres, ive one comp 3 in black with a rainbow logo on the sidewall, the rear is a comp 3 repro and doesnt look right at all.

could anyone give me some ideas on era correct tyres or even better, have some to sell

cheers in advance

tom

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
Re: 1993 era correct tyres!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 09:39 PM »
gt tyres with the gt logo as the tread were around in 93, there are 2 types though one is the 80's style which go for good money, the other 90's ones can be picked up for around £50 a pair max

thecaptain

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 08:45 PM »
cheers, anyone else for a bit of choice?

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 09:05 PM »
you could use a set of original primo v monster tan wall tyres, they came out in 94 maybe even earlier, im gonna be running a pair on my 93 holmes build

firebird4130

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 09:36 PM »
haro multisurface still available on ebay for around 20 quid a pair, more ramp/street than dirt though

condor96

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 05:38 AM »
you could use a set of original primo v monster tan wall tyres, they came out in 94 maybe even earlier, im gonna be running a pair on my 93 holmes build

they came out in 95.  day smith designed them and primo never gave anything to him for the design.
i love vmonsters  :smitten:

teamsano

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 10:22 AM »
i had gt tyres in 93, or comp 3's are always a good bet too.

firebird4130

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 11:11 AM »
I lot of people i rode with myself included ran a fat gt megabyte on the front and whatever else on the back, quite a few 20" Mtb tyres look quite close to the megabyte. This would be for more of a trails set up

this bike has them on :- http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/powerlite/24043
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 11:17 AM by fraz4130 »

thecaptain

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 11:33 AM »
sweet, cheers guys, ill prob be going with a dirt looking GT tyre, how i just need to find a pair

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 12:22 PM »

they came out in 95.  day smith designed them and primo never gave anything to him for the design.

They are great tyres  :daumenhoch: I thought Sean McKinney had something to do with the design though?
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 12:24 PM »
i have a nos set of day smith primo v monsters  blue wall.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 12:35 PM »

oh well ill still be running them on my 93 holmes build, whats 2 years when its all midschool :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 12:36 PM »
i run them on anything   ;)

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 12:42 PM »
more pissed that S&m just brought out new padsets which are about a tenner)

where these from.
could do with a set for my ole challenger.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 12:44 PM »
scrap that just scrolled down the page top daves shop  :crazy2:
dave the bmxing gypo

firebird4130

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 02:35 PM »
sweet, cheers guys, ill prob be going with a dirt looking GT tyre, how i just need to find a pair

So hard to get hold of, get a lookalike in the meantime as you could be in for a long wait :daumenhoch:

subversion

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 02:50 PM »
i have a nos set of day smith primo v monsters  blue wall.

Dan do you mean the Odsy Bermuda tyres?

condor96

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 02:40 AM »

They are great tyres  :daumenhoch: I thought Sean McKinney had something to do with the design though?

they came to sean and day for the design but day is the one that came up with the drawing for the tread pattern. day talks about it in his interview in props issue 8  :daumenhoch:

and dont forget about peregrine hp/big jim tires in 93  ;)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 07:14 AM »
sub you could be right im getting older forgive ,i just moved them today as well haha
it was good as i found 3 new peregrine tyres as well tucked behind them lol  see forgetfull

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 07:44 AM »
what year were Dirt Monsters?  were they later 90's?

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 10:24 AM »

they came to sean and day for the design but day is the one that came up with the drawing for the tread pattern. day talks about it in his interview in props issue 8  :daumenhoch:

Cool, cheers for that  :daumenhoch: ACS RL Edge tyres were still being used in the early 90's I think, they split easily though.
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

subversion

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 12:48 PM »
sub you could be right im getting older forgive ,i just moved them today as well haha
it was good as i found 3 new peregrine tyres as well tucked behind them lol  see forgetfull

NP dude I'm just as bad! :D

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009, 01:50 PM »
Havent read all the replies so sorry if im repeating,
but you could try these

DIRT

Primo V track - think the first version was around then m[ cycelsport have some NOs all black ones - and w@nkstanleys say they have amberwall ones!

GT Megabite and Ritchey Megabite tyres

Tioga Comp 3 and comp 8 were still popular then

RAMP

ACS RL Edge,
 Peregrine HP tyres,
Haro multisurface
Primo V Monsters - though a little later, but amberwalls look good
Odyssey Barefoot
Tioga Comp Ramp ST [ i think thats what they were called?]
GT logo tyres

Im sure there are more Ive forgotten!

condor96

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2009, 02:32 PM »

Cool, cheers for that  :daumenhoch: ACS RL Edge tyres were still being used in the early 90's I think, they split easily though.

yes i forgot to put the acs rl edge tires. they were also used alot back then.  i liked them,but i like the acs true tires better that came out a bit later. around late 96 i believe. them being a 2.0 tire instead of a 1.75 made all the diff to me.

odys has that frequency g tire out that chase g designed that is basically a copy/remake of the acs rl edge  :daumenhoch:

thecaptain

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2009, 06:09 PM »
Havent read all the replies so sorry if im repeating,
but you could try these

DIRT

Primo V track - think the first version was around then m[ cycelsport have some NOs all black ones - and w@nkstanleys say they have amberwall ones!

GT Megabite and Ritchey Megabite tyres

Tioga Comp 3 and comp 8 were still popular then

RAMP

ACS RL Edge,
 Peregrine HP tyres,
Haro multisurface
Primo V Monsters - though a little later, but amberwalls look good
Odyssey Barefoot
Tioga Comp Ramp ST [ i think thats what they were called?]
GT logo tyres

Im sure there are more Ive forgotten!

legend, im after dirt ones, i cant find the v track ones on cyclesport, any chance of sending me a link?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  1993 era correct tyres!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx