gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 03:06 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  how lighten my bike up and get it rolling faster
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: how lighten my bike up and get it rolling faster  (Read 291 times)

medved

how lighten my bike up and get it rolling faster
« on: September 07, 2009, 04:20 PM »
this is my bmx that i ride to work each day:

it was bought for me for my 29th, it got me back into riding bikes. it's a diamondback session 2009

i've ridden it round Brixton bmx track and since bought a cruiser to race with.

the only problem is that it seems to weigh a ton, is knackering to ride for any length of time and generally makes me look even more of an old git than i currently am  ;D

i'm wondering what i can do (on a budget) to get the weight down, get it a bit more responsive and zippy and handle the odd run round a bmx track.

the gearing on it is about 45/46 : 16/17 and i'm finding it quite tough to accelerate on (compared to my cruiser that is geared 40:16)

any tips/suggestions, i want the ride i get to be as enjoyable as i can get it to be without spending mega bucks.

gobshite

Re: how lighten my bike up and get it rolling faster
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 06:00 PM »
no point,

sell it and buy a modern complete.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: how lighten my bike up and get it rolling faster
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 06:04 PM »
as joe said,save your money .
if you try to save weight then it will easily cost you as much as stodgy can sort you a top ass mid weight bike from the radbmx shop.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  how lighten my bike up and get it rolling faster

gfxgfx
gfx gfx