gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975600 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 09, 2024, 08:49 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Preston 11th October - Riders List - Rnd 1 North Region WS09
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Preston 11th October - Riders List - Rnd 1 North Region WS09  (Read 33818 times)

moley

Re: Preston 11th October - Riders List - Rnd 1 North Region WS09
« Reply #400 on: October 15, 2009, 11:27 AM »
 :daumenhoch:

Is Dex having some early Sat Morning practice?

JD_76

« Reply #401 on: October 15, 2009, 11:30 AM »
:daumenhoch:

Is Dex having some early Sat Morning practice?

Not sure mate? He might be up for an early jaunt unless hes chasing the gate practice. Will send him a PM  ;)

Ben have you checked all the nuts and bolts on that bike yet? to make sure nothings come loose.

moley

« Reply #402 on: October 15, 2009, 11:46 AM »
Ben have you checked all the nuts and bolts on that bike yet? to make sure nothings come loose.

Cheeky fooker,  I built that!!!  :knuppel2:

But your probably right............you should check everything after using it after its build.  Just to get over the settling in period.

And you need your profile crank arm sorted out too!!  :daumenhoch:

I couldn't get it tight due to your mashed up crank arm hole!!  :(

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #403 on: October 15, 2009, 12:12 PM »
I'm riding somewhere Sunday so can't really do Sat as well but seeing as it is 9am I could maybe come for an hour.

I'll do my best.

Plus - Moley - defo hit up Chester on the way home - cracking track.

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #404 on: October 15, 2009, 02:21 PM »

I might pop down to Ulverston to see that skatepark and those jumps the local yoofs have done!!

Where is it located?

Moley - It's in a park called Lightburn Park. You can't really miss it and theres always plenty of parking on the nearby streets, the nearest one for your sat-nav would be:

Aldwych Terrace
Ulveston
LA12 0EU

Don't get too exited about the jumps, they probably aren't more than 1.5'!  Let me know if and when you're going though. :daumenhoch:

On Sunday we briefly talked about trails in woods near Greenodd, further up the A590 from you.  I'll try to find them for you if you like - if you can be ar$ed with the trail politics.

James

moley

« Reply #405 on: October 15, 2009, 02:32 PM »
Yeah find 'em James!!    Trails, jumps, anything!!   :daumenhoch:

It doesn't matter how poxy the jumps are.  The easier the better to begin with!!

You could do with some practice too...............after your attempted 360 over the double at Preston!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #406 on: October 15, 2009, 02:54 PM »

You could do with some practice too...............after your attempted 360 over the double at Preston!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

With hindsight it was stupid to showboat on the first straight in a mid pack position in a C final :LolLolLolLol:

moley

« Reply #407 on: October 15, 2009, 03:26 PM »
Sometimes you just gotta give a little back to the crowds!!   :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #408 on: October 16, 2009, 01:54 PM »
The 'Official' results for Preston are now up on the North Region BMX website!

http://northregionbmx.co.uk/hello/results/nrws0910.pdf

But they are wrong...........

Dale, Simon and Ben were given 5,4 and 3 pts respectively.

They should have been given 9, 7 and 6 pts.

I contacted them are they are going to change them.

I will start a new Results table tonight and put in a link to my Youtube site too!!  :daumenhoch:

BTW!!   Andyrooski kicked Nhoj butt..................thats according to the offical results!!  :LolLolLolLol:

nhoj

« Reply #409 on: October 16, 2009, 02:42 PM »
Its aload of rubbish that result and anyone who thinks Andy beat me is wrong and I wont have it any other way, to55ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  only joking :D

Thought this would be the result and its cool with me, but just out of interest it doesn't look like they have anyone doing finish line calls, could be important if the A final or payback went to the line. 

Could be wrong but aren't the only finishing place recorders, the women standing infront of the line jotting numbers down

moley

« Reply #410 on: October 16, 2009, 02:49 PM »
Stop whinging Nhoj!!

Ya got ya ass whupped FACT!!

You dont see me whining on about JD (even though he cheated and he is on performance enhancing pharmaceuticals)!!  :LolLolLolLol:

nhoj

« Reply #411 on: October 16, 2009, 03:06 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I would have loved the result, but I can't complain gettting into the B final :coolsmiley:

Moving on................does seem abit daft not having a line judge ???

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #412 on: October 16, 2009, 03:56 PM »
the result is good for me :LolLolLolLol:
having said that there are probably numerous occasions of very close finishes, obviously this can lead to disputes etc, not too serious at this level but i suppose it would matter at higher level races. :)

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #413 on: October 16, 2009, 10:20 PM »
I wont be at Crewe tomorrow morning as the boy wants to go during the afternoon for the club session.

If anyone is there around 3 - see you then.

Flemdog

« Reply #414 on: October 18, 2009, 04:13 PM »
Hope your legs recover Dexter, starting to look super smooth buddy...  8) ;)

proclass35

« Reply #415 on: October 19, 2009, 07:28 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I would have loved the result, but I can't complain gettting into the B final :coolsmiley:

There were four people doing the finish line that day and I was the finish judge. As the riders cross the line the four people record their opinion of the result independently and then cross-check to see if there is any difference of opinion. My job as finish judge was not to stand on the line, but look down the last straight to see if anyone directly impedes another rider ( you've got to hold your line on the last straight).
Three of the line judges were long standing North Region committee members, and have been doing this job for donkeys. I'm not saying anybody is infallible, or mistakes aren't made, but if you have a disagreement with the judges, then you should put an appeal in on the day. I know results aren't published til later, but if you are unsure where you came, you should go back and ask the line judges- a lot of people do. Up until last year, even Nationals were recorded visually, so I wouldn't expect a camera on the line at Regionals for some time!
ooooOOOOHH! Get me!

moley

« Reply #416 on: October 19, 2009, 08:45 AM »

There were four people doing the finish line that day and I was the finish judge. As the riders cross the line the four people record their opinion of the result independently and then cross-check to see if there is any difference of opinion. My job as finish judge was not to stand on the line, but look down the last straight to see if anyone directly impedes another rider ( you've got to hold your line on the last straight).
Three of the line judges were long standing North Region committee members, and have been doing this job for donkeys. I'm not saying anybody is infallible, or mistakes aren't made, but if you have a disagreement with the judges, then you should put an appeal in on the day. I know results aren't published til later, but if you are unsure where you came, you should go back and ask the line judges- a lot of people do. Up until last year, even Nationals were recorded visually, so I wouldn't expect a camera on the line at Regionals for some time!
ooooOOOOHH! Get me!

Quite right Jamie, although JD_76 should have been DQ'd for telling me to stop because I had a cute fluffy bunny rabbit caught in my rear wheel.   By time I realised he was lying he had passed me down the final straight.   I dont mind a bit of craic while racing but to use such underhand tactics to gain an advantage is surely outside of the rules!!  :(

Hows the tabletop doing?

JD_76

« Reply #417 on: October 19, 2009, 09:22 AM »
Quite right Jamie, although JD_76 should have been DQ'd for telling me to stop because I had a cute fluffy bunny rabbit caught in my rear wheel.   By time I realised he was lying he had passed me down the final straight.   I dont mind a bit of craic while racing but to use such underhand tactics to gain an advantage is surely outside of the rules!!  :(

Get it right Moley, it was the bit about the cute fluffy bunny wearing suspenders that got you  :LolLolLolLol:

moley

« Reply #418 on: October 19, 2009, 09:28 AM »
That was it JD!   :-[

Get out of my head JD............your like the BMX version of Derren Brown!!!  :knuppel2:

JD_76

« Reply #419 on: October 19, 2009, 09:31 AM »
That was it JD!   :-[

Get out of my head JD............your like the BMX version of Derren Brown!!!  :knuppel2:

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes not around the eyes - your under.

On the final straight upon hearing cute fluffy bunny you will slow down and let me past.

3.2.1. your back in the room..... anyway hows the cruser feel today?

nhoj

« Reply #420 on: October 19, 2009, 12:00 PM »

ooooOOOOHH! Get me!

I hope my comments havent been taken out of context here :-\sometimes on forums you can't get your personality across!!Thing about this result is that Andyrooski and I have been doing abit of training together andso it is important to get the right result andso you can adjust your training ground banter accordingly!! >:D

I have only done afew races and can't fault the judging or organisation at any of the meets I have been to, keep up the good work :daumenhoch: :LolLolLolLol:

proclass35

« Reply #421 on: October 19, 2009, 01:20 PM »
No worries nhoj, I was just trying to explain it 'by the book', so I was aware of coming across a bit 'official' as well. BMX racing at regional level is a bit spit and sawdust and like I say, sometimes mistakes are made.
   I should really have refererred you to Rule 124, Clause 15, Sub-section II of the North Region rulebook;

' If a rider/riders do not agree with the line judge as to their position in the race, they will be referred onto the Riders Representative (in this case Bof), who will inform them to get a fricking grip and do one. The dispute must then be settled between the riders by means of a slanging match ;where the first rider to comment on the other rider's wife's dignity will be deemed the winner. If a clear winner cannot be identified at this stage, then a fist-fight will be arranged in the car park. The rider who then makes out like a gypo on PCP will be awarded the position.'

So now you know......

moley

« Reply #422 on: October 19, 2009, 01:24 PM »
That seems perfectly sensible Jamie!!

Its good to know the rules so that they can be abused at a later date!!  :daumenhoch:

nhoj

« Reply #423 on: October 19, 2009, 01:33 PM »
Interesting, if I had kown the law at Preston, I'd have deffinately kicked up a fuss, just for the sake of a good scrap :knuppel2:

I'd probably of lost that as well :buck2:

JD_76

« Reply #424 on: October 19, 2009, 02:24 PM »
On another note, why was the track closed in the break midday?

Ive not seen that before, at the Bob Fields grands in crewe they kept it open so people could practice if they needed to.

Is this common practice with all tracks to close the track when its not being raced on?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Preston 11th October - Riders List - Rnd 1 North Region WS09

gfxgfx
gfx gfx