gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 07:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Next years Charity ride? ( now THIS year )
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Next years Charity ride? ( now THIS year )  (Read 22478 times)

LENNY-LENTINI

Re: Next years Charity ride?
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 07:40 PM »
London to Brighton, now that sounds the one.

Imagine 50-60 Old/Mid schoolers riding in the midst of the normal schmoes. Imagine the attention we'd get.

I think they find us glamorous Ronnie!!

Keep the faith Brothers.L

griff

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 07:53 PM »
Imagine 50-60 Old/Mid schoolers riding in the midst of the normal schmoes. Imagine the attention we'd get.

indeed lenny the spandex-clad road bike gimps probably wouldn't know what to make of it  ;D
would be a long day but the challenge of doing it on a bike with little wheels and no gears would make it easier to raise funds
apologies pickle wasn't trying to hijack the thread mate  :angel:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 07:59 PM »
I've got my name down for the London to Brighton as well  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 08:04 PM »
just found this link - looks like you can choose from a bunch of charities, not just BHF which comes up for most google results
http://www.doitforcharity.com/difc-london-to-brighton-cycle-2011.aspx?c=65999&ad=charitypage

going to try and find out best way to get back though as my mrs doesn't drive, don't fancy doing the return leg much & bit wary of taking my bike on the train for the pikeys to pick over

griff

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2011, 08:05 PM »
I've got my name down for the London to Brighton as well  :daumenhoch:

nice one pickle - who did you register with?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 08:06 PM »
The heart foundation but I've not heard back yet but that doesn't mean I can't just turn up and do it  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 08:27 PM »
that's the one I saw first but was originally trying to find an event that let people choose the charity
not fussy either way - but if there's a Rad element involved that's the one I want to go on  :daumenhoch:

gonna go and register now before I get me dinner on

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 08:37 PM »
I'll be doing it for my hospitals children's ward  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 09:26 PM »
I'll be doing it for my hospitals children's ward  :daumenhoch:

if you do the BHF one (officially anyway) then they'll want you to give at least some of what you raise to them

from the BHF site....
"Do I have to fundraise for the BHF or can I choose a charity of my choice?
London to Brighton Bike Ride is owned, operated and paid for by the BHF. While some fundraising events are organised by corporate organisations enabling you to select the charity you wish to fundraise for (e.g. the Bupa Great North Run), we bear the expense of organising the Bike Ride. As such we ask that you do not fundraise for other organisations who have not contributed to these costs."

not sure which hospital you wanted to raise money for pickle but on that other site for the September ride there are a lot to choose from (is it on the list?)

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 11:27 PM »
Up for some rides this year, really good way of keepin fit and that feel good factor of achieving something and helping others out :daumenhoch:

Say, if anyone is interested, I should be doin the usual BHF ride along the leafy lanes/countryside/canals of Worcester in July, so more than happy/welcome any radsters to come and join in the 30 miles of fun! Will post details nearer the time.
Vans Style

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 11:57 PM »
Up for some rides this year, really good way of keepin fit and that feel good factor of achieving something and helping others out :daumenhoch:

Say, if anyone is interested, I should be doin the usual BHF ride along the leafy lanes/countryside/canals of Worcester in July, so more than happy/welcome any radsters to come and join in the 30 miles of fun! Will post details nearer the time.

il do that with you paul  :daumenhoch: ( il try anyways LOL )

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2011, 07:57 AM »
yep count me in Paul  :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
Re: Next years Charity ride? ( now THIS year )
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 09:01 AM »
Me and Issy are in for the Charity ride Rob... your Childrens Ward sounds like the perfect cause  :daumenhoch:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2011, 10:16 AM »

Me too.  Anything to help the BHF :daumenhoch: (Great cause)

griff

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2011, 04:21 PM »
I've signed up for the BHF website just in case that's the london to brighton one people want to go on, can't submit registration until March though and not guaranteed apparently...

If anyone can get 'priority registration' (can apply early) maybe they could submit a team entry? can be up to 20 people - put me down if you do as I'd love to do this (company I work for should match anything I raise up to £250 :)   )

cheers

griff

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2011, 04:44 PM »
I've signed up for the BHF website just in case that's the london to brighton one people want to go on, can't submit registration until March though and not guaranteed apparently...

If anyone can get 'priority registration' (can apply early) maybe they could submit a team entry? can be up to 20 people - put me down if you do as I'd love to do this (company I work for should match anything I raise up to £250 :)   )

cheers

griff

That could be an absolute riot on Old/Mid School Rides on the london to Brighton ride and Id definatley be up for that....just imagine  :2funny:

griff

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2011, 01:13 PM »
pickle sir... can you let us know which event you're planning to ride on? happy to ride for your hospital or the BHF but didn't want to start anything separate  :daumenhoch:

as jamroll put it i reckon the bigger the group the more of a laugh it would be - might need a seat cover or something though, as gorgeous as it is my elina saddle combo might feel a bit uncomfortable after 54 miles

anyone know how easy it is to get bikes on a train back? (mrs griff doesn't drive so no chance of her collecting in the car)

mixjp

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2011, 09:11 PM »
London to Brighton is 54 miles, you lot are mad. 54 miles on a BMX is not a good idea. I'll follow in my car. Ha ha

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2011, 09:13 PM »
griff looks like the one organised through my hospital is around the first week in September.....not sure if it's the official ride with the heart foundation though  :-\

griff

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2011, 09:24 PM »
London to Brighton is 54 miles, you lot are mad. 54 miles on a BMX is not a good idea. I'll follow in my car. Ha ha

clearly - would be a piece of piss on a bike with gears
the added challenge of using a completely inappropriate bike means I'll have a much better chance of raising more cash
(btw if you're following in a car feel free to offer us a lift back  ;D - I will give you some petrol money)

griff looks like the one organised through my hospital is around the first week in September.....not sure if it's the official ride with the heart foundation though  :-\

pickle mate would be more than happy to do it in september (although I'm not planning on doing it twice) can you get a bunch of us on the team?
I'll put my name down as soon as it can be confirmed, that way can start collecting money ASAP  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2011, 09:26 PM »
will get some more details tomorrow at work and let you know  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2011, 09:43 PM »
will get some more details tomorrow at work and let you know  :daumenhoch:

thanks pickle - will even have time to train a bit for it  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2011, 11:26 AM »
Any more news  ???

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2011, 12:31 PM »
Sorry guys....the ride is on September 11th and I should be able to get you registered through our contact at work if you're deffo up for it?

griff

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2011, 12:58 PM »
Sorry guys....the ride is on September 11th and I should be able to get you registered through our contact at work if you're deffo up for it?

Deffo  :daumenhoch:

Only condition on my side is that I have to be able to donate via an official charity-giving site (eg justgiving etc)
Reason is that the company I work for will match anything I raise for charity up to £250 (so I need to be able to document this properly)
I reckon the admin should be worth £250 though  ;)

Just need to sort out how to get back to Maidenhead after but plenty of time to sort that out

Let me know as soon as you have any more info - looking forward to this  :daumenhoch:

cheers

griff

PS what is the hospital you work for?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Next years Charity ride? ( now THIS year )

gfxgfx
gfx gfx