gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975495 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 10:16 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Next years Charity ride? ( now THIS year )
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Next years Charity ride? ( now THIS year )  (Read 22335 times)

thecrooch

Re: Next years Charity ride? ( now THIS year )
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2011, 01:46 PM »
given....

griff

« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2011, 02:33 PM »
given....

.. and very gratefully received!!  :4_17_5:
Thank you sir that was very kind of you, really appreciate the support  :daumenhoch: although it's some way off till the event any donations made go to the cause straight away, what's even better is that my employer will match the first £500 I raise (I won't be stopping there of course!)

Got the last bits for my bike today (thanks Sid they're fookin lovely now) so will be finishing that and will be adapting a number plate for the event - all who sponsor me will get their names on it. Let me know if you want 'Crooch' on it or your real name mate... I'm trying to organise putting the bike on display at work and getting some of the bigwigs to donate or pay more to get a logo on the plate - whatever it takes to bring in the money  :daumenhoch:

Best way to raise the most dosh though (and have a laugh) is to get some more peeps from here signed up - that way we can get money in from all over the place. This link http://www.doitforcharity.com/doitforcharity-cycle-ride-2011.aspx?c=4371&ad=charitypage should take you straight to registration to raise money for Pickle's hospital (which is a great cause) but if you want to do it for another charity there's loads to choose from at http://www.doitforcharity.com/difc-london-to-brighton-cycle-2011.aspx

Come on - sign up and let's take over Brighton in September  :daumenhoch: it's not THAT far

thecrooch

« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2011, 03:08 PM »
Crooch will be fine mate...as i said happy to help....

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2011, 05:45 PM »
Right, currently in negotiations at work to get the weekend off of this cause I'm DESPERATE to do this.
I NEED to do something like this....just a little bit bonkers and for a worthy cause.
54 miles on a BMX...must have fookin rocks in ya head  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2011, 06:07 PM »
You know it makes sense  :daumenhoch:

spike371

« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2011, 09:31 PM »
Add me to the list, think it's time to do something stupid  ;D

griff

« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2011, 10:07 PM »
Right, currently in negotiations at work to get the weekend off of this cause I'm DESPERATE to do this.
I NEED to do something like this....just a little bit bonkers and for a worthy cause.
54 miles on a BMX...must have fookin rocks in ya head  :daumenhoch:

that's the spirit mate - if I were you I'd book the Monday off too (haven't decided if I'm gonna get digs or find a way to get back that night, but either way don't fancy being stuck at my work desk for 9 hours the day after with an arse that feels like I've just spent my first night in prison)

Add me to the list, think it's time to do something stupid  ;D

mate just sign up using the links, if you're riding for st.marks contact pickle who can sort you out a t-shirt  :daumenhoch:

cheers

griff

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 12:28 AM by griff »

level

« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2011, 01:51 PM »
Right, thats me signed up! cant freaking wait! its going to be insane!

griff

« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2011, 02:04 PM »
Right, thats me signed up! cant freaking wait! its going to be insane!

great stuff mr level - now we just need to get a few more volunteers  :daumenhoch:
as it was nice yesterday I went for a blast outside on the haro - got plenty of strange looks but bike was rolling along nicely
apart from the seat issue I reckon it should be a great laugh.

just logged on to let people know that I had a reply back from the charity lady regarding wearing of lids...
"Thank you for your email.

We do ask that all cyclists wear their helmets at all times, however if you have people wanting to sign up that have strong objections to wearing a helmet they can sign a disclaimer to that effect and ride without one."

I would advise using some sort of arse protection however  :angel:

Pickle how many have we got going now?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2011, 02:27 PM »
We have 6 definite and a couple of maybe  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2011, 03:09 PM »
We have 6 definite and a couple of maybe  :daumenhoch:

That's brilliant Rob, just need a few more idiots volunteers to sign up - btw do you think maybe it's worth starting a fresh thread on this? (currently at 6 pages so anyone unaware of this is going to have a bit of reading to do before they get to today....)

Sounds like there are some great plans afoot to raise awareness and we've still got plenty of time to get training
thought that I should probably split training like this to acclimatise - 50% pedalling on bike / 50% being kicked in the bum  :shocked:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Next years Charity ride? ( now THIS year )

gfxgfx
gfx gfx