gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975531 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 23, 2024, 05:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  LAST EVER MK
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: LAST EVER MK  (Read 10032 times)

griff

LAST EVER MK
« on: June 08, 2018, 10:09 AM »
Let's make it a good one eh?

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
Re: LAST EVER MK
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 10:16 AM »
It will be good. You knows it👍

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 11:33 AM »
What!  :-\
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 11:40 AM »
Who says?!

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 11:42 AM »
That old chestnut.. bmxlife will just take it over.. it’ll be shit, but still happen ::)
Griff loves BUM..

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 12:06 PM »
WTF!!!!!!
No way ... there are enough of us who bloody love this thing to make sure it WILL happen again!
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

griff

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 01:16 PM »
WTF!!!!!!
No way ... there are enough of us who bloody love this thing to make sure it WILL happen again!

you'd be surprised Ant

No-one's in this for glory but sometimes it's not worth the aggro
I'm 100% behind making this year as good as we can make it but once it's over I think I'm done

In any case it's the location that limits what can be done there, last year we were pretty much at capacity

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 01:38 PM »
are you serious !

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 01:46 PM »
I chatted with Nick and Rich at MK16, we're lucky that MK17 happened and of course MK18.

It's not an easy event to put on now.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 01:53 PM »

In any case it's the location that limits what can be done there, last year we were pretty much at capacity

Personally I wouldn't want it to get any bigger for fear of it losing its  8)

Offline Tachikoma

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 02:21 PM »
And now I am even more glad I decided to fly over from japan for it.

Loved every second of every one i've been to.

griff

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 02:22 PM »
Not for the first time I've been informed that the MK ticket charges are apparently a 'piss take'

First off
No-one has to come for the entire weekend (or at all for that matter) but the ticket prices were carefully calculated to get us as close to covering costs as possible
None of the radmins get a single penny out of the Rad pot - in fact quite the opposite, you usually find that they've paid over the top as well as giving up their own time. If you added up all the time taken to do 'boring' stuff and tried to get people to do it commercially you'd struggle

As for charging for kids this year? They are very welcome of course but they still take up room if camping etc and they will still get fed & watered for free on Saturday. If someone wants to have a very cheap family day out there's still the option to come on Sunday and not pay a single penny. £10 in a pub on Saturday anywhere wouldn't last long even buying kids' drinks would it?

Even with the money from site tags, charging for tickets and selling stuff like calendars and tee shirts it's still a massive challenge putting this event on at this price - I know because I'm looking at the budget right now - here are some of the highlights (although it's by no means an exhaustive list)

Marquees
Public Liability Insurance
PA
Generator
Ramp Construction
24hr Security
First Aid
Toilets
Skips
Free Bar
Hog Roast
Trophies

That little lot is well over 10 grand and that's before we even get Bob H over from the US of A

Dunno why I feel the need to explain anything, people should know the score by now

:angrysoapbox:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 02:24 PM »
Fook em off Griff, if they dont like the prices they can sit at home with the handbag in there ear  >:(
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Tachikoma

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018, 04:11 PM »
Not for the first time I've been informed that the MK ticket charges are apparently a 'piss take'
Fook me  :rant:, how is 25 quid for a full weekend a piss take?, that wouldn't even get you a gt seat clamp off the bay.

Since I'm over again this year I guess I'll be on litter duty with our clint, chubs and dave again :)

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • I left it in the garden......
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2018, 04:21 PM »
Fook em off Griff, if they dont like the prices they can sit at home with the handbag in there ear  >:(
x2
When I was born, the world was a far simpler place.
It was all just cops and robbers.
And BMX.

In2bmx

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 04:48 PM »
Yeah Fook um ..... cun ts  >:(

Offline Testcard

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 05:42 PM »
That is a real shame i only found this event 4 years ago,,, Its now the highlight of my year

I was confused the first couple of years how you financed the event (now i know) 

i have been in the events industry for 20 years and put simply you dont charge enough

I hope you re-evaluate over the coming year

griff

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2018, 06:14 PM »
Before it was totally free to enter and funded entirely by site supporter tags - some people complained that freeloaders were taking the piss
Last year we had to comply with safety regs, put security on the gate and charge for tickets - some people complained that we were taking the piss
This year we had to increase the price a bit to stay on budget and pay the upfront costs - some people complained that we are taking the piss

In a nutshell

I still expect we’ll sell out to a fantastic bunch of people all set on having a great time all weekend for less than the cost of a round in a London pub
Anyone who wants to come on Sunday and not pay a bean is very welcome
Anyone who has a problem with any of the above can do one  :daumenhoch:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2018, 06:18 PM »
That old chestnut.. bmxlife will just take it over.. it’ll be shit, but still happen ::)

Very true and good luck to them, there's just 2 massive issues for them.

1) what ever they do,  :radbmxsmilie: will have done it first.  :4_17_5:

2) they don't have a forum, so organising it to the extent and quality that  :radbmxsmilie: have already done will be a headache. Imagine trying to sort out an event to the scale of MK, only using FB. Initially it will be ok as the post will go out telling people of venue, date etc, but this will soon be stamped down by the countless sales posts for overpriced/refinished parts and ridiculous clown bikes.

MK is a unique event delivered by a unique community, long may it continue*.

*in some for or another.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

In2bmx

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2018, 07:04 PM »

Very true and good luck to them, there's just 2 massive issues for them.

1) what ever they do,  :radbmxsmilie: will have done it first.  :4_17_5:

2) they don't have a forum, so organising it to the extent and quality that  :radbmxsmilie: have already done will be a headache. Imagine trying to sort out an event to the scale of MK, only using FB. Initially it will be ok as the post will go out telling people of venue, date etc, but this will soon be stamped down by the countless sales posts for overpriced/refinished parts and ridiculous clown bikes.

MK is a unique event delivered by a unique community, long may it continue*.

*in some for or another.
true  . major issues .
Their numbers mean nothing. 

The friendship of RADsters and times we have shared makes it a community !
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 10:05 PM by in2bmx »

Offline Avro

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 07:49 PM »
I imagine it can be a right ball-ache at times organising such an event, someone has to dot the i's and cross the t's; boring stuff but without it there would not be an event. I am so surprised that some think the cost is high, what planet are they from?

I am more determined than ever to chat to more of you this time, something I failed miserably to do last time! I will also bring bikes again to add to the show, may even enter one or two as I think they are sweeeeet!

Again, sad to read a little despondancy in your post. Is there anything the average member can do? Litter pick? Help fold it all down?
Wanted: Shimano Aero frame
Wanted: Tange Axeblade frame

Offline cheeta

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2018, 08:29 PM »
Did MK15, MK17, doing MK18

If it ends, it ends, I've had some amazing memories from such a short space of time.

Last year I saw what went into only the build side, I couldn't imagine how all the organising and prep is sorted. People forget its not some special event like Glasto were people are paid to organise everything, the RAD MK creators and planners have to go to work and a life to live, all the numpties that moan and moan about the changes to MK seem to forget that.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 10:17 PM by cheeta »

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 09:07 PM »
I imagine it can be a right ball-ache at times organising such an event, someone has to dot the i's and cross the t's; boring stuff but without it there would not be an event. I am so surprised that some think the cost is high, what planet are they from?

I am more determined than ever to chat to more of you this time, something I failed miserably to do last time! I will also bring bikes again to add to the show, may even enter one or two as I think they are sweeeeet!

Again, sad to read a little despondancy in your post. Is there anything the average member can do? Litter pick? Help fold it all down?

Will be good to see you there Peter... definitely come over and say hello bro fistblump
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2018, 09:08 PM »

First off
No-one has to come for the entire weekend (or at all for that matter) but the ticket prices were carefully calculated to get us as close to covering costs as possible
None of the radmins get a single penny out of the Rad pot - in fact quite the opposite, you usually find that they've paid over the top as well as giving up their own time. If you added up all the time taken to do 'boring' stuff and tried to get people to do it commercially you'd struggle

As for charging for kids this year? They are very welcome of course but they still take up room if camping etc and they will still get fed & watered for free on Saturday. If someone wants to have a very cheap family day out there's still the option to come on Sunday and not pay a single penny. £10 in a pub on Saturday anywhere wouldn't last long even buying kids' drinks would it?

Even with the money from site tags, charging for tickets and selling stuff like calendars and tee shirts it's still a massive challenge putting this event on at this price - I know because I'm looking at the budget right now - here are some of the highlights (although it's by no means an exhaustive list)

Marquees
Public Liability Insurance
PA
Generator
Ramp Construction
24hr Security
First Aid
Toilets
Skips
Free Bar
Hog Roast
Trophies

That little lot is well over 10 grand and that's before we even get Bob H over from the US of A

Dunno why I feel the need to explain anything, people should know the score by now

:angrysoapbox:
I can not believe there’s people out there that think the price of entry is a “piss take”
Free bar on Saturday
A few bargains to buy,well worth the coin
I mean fook me,it’s not a cheap hobby is it!?!?
Bet they’d  do 20 odd quid on a bloody nos nipple to go on their nos cable
I bet to man,not one of them would say it to your face it’s a “piss take”
negativity is for chumps,positivity is for champs

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2018, 10:00 PM »
£25 a pisstake. Whoever said that is an idiot. Refund their money!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  LAST EVER MK

gfxgfx
gfx gfx