gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 09:46 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  ALL HAIL ANDY PRESTON
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ALL HAIL ANDY PRESTON  (Read 37592 times)

mike pardon

ALL HAIL ANDY PRESTON
« on: January 24, 2007, 01:10 PM »
Okay here some shots of Andy, he is heavily involved in kitesurfing a real inovator. He designed some of the very first flexifoil kites. Travels all over the world judging and designing still. Lives with his long time girlfriend Sue in a converted church in Norfolk. Even has his own yoga studio in the back..

feel free to post any more shots..

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: ALL HAIL ANDY PRESTON
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 01:13 PM »
Wasn't it Andy that jumped the 4 cars on That's Amazing?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 04:27 PM by Zippy »

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 02:28 PM »
mike you should get him on here  :daumenhoch:.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 02:31 PM »
my neck of the woods ,we all retired to the country    :LolLolLolLol:
great pics and same for riders,you pair was much looked upto .   :4_17_5:

theRuler

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 04:07 PM »
it was watching his session in the sports hall on saturday superstore that really got me hyped on bmx freestyle. that was mid 83. i think the pics above are from that same session!! they look it

great rider

bof

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 05:03 PM »
Andy preston car jump.

is that the vinoahs ark grabbing pikes back wheel.

one handed santa

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 06:56 PM »
Yo Pike
Where the hell did you get that first photo, almost makes me look stylish!!!
Thanks for all the praise, its wierd looking back that we were only F*@?ing about and enjoying life at the time eh! How things getting recorded for posterity and viewed in years to come puts a smile on my old fizzog.
Ive got a great shot of the Dips remember them!! OUCH!, Nice nurse though if i remember right.
Check Allans old school web site for the shot, you look mighty young in that one mateee.
I bet anyone else reading this doesnt know about your surfing. Yeah Pikes a great surfer. Badger him for a photo from Ireland The one with the glassy face. You know the one Pike Get it on here.
Anyhow im off, hate typing an all that new fangled stuff, Ive got some new kites to test. Check out the Radsails.com website if you want to know what i look like now.  Old dude still rocks (in a weightless way)
Laters
AP

ronnie360

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 07:13 PM »
some good pics there mike  :daumenhoch:

Ramp Rat

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 07:23 PM »
Great memories...remember them well. Converted Church for a home, that's very spiritual, and w/ a Yoga studio..now I'm feeling relaxed.  :D

You two were UK's RL and Buff double combo.....love the Quad...tons of style.

Pike - I want to see the pic of you surfing Ireland...Tony Mac and me have been surfing Santa Monica, Bay St and Sunset break every weekend, having a great time....if you're erver in Santa Monica drop me a line.

MattLeach

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 08:02 PM »
mike preston and andy pardon...inseperable and legendary :P cheers mike for all the 360 demos back in the day...totally inspired me.

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 08:09 PM »
how kool is this thread,  you hear 22 years later and so on many times :)

for many of us we are now parents, some of our kids are now riding, some better then we was :-[

but to everyone on here it's about memories,  memories of bmx when we where young,  doesn't matter

what level we rode at because we all rode,  with mates, with team mates,  at skateparks and at race tracks,

some have a love of a special bike,  some have a love of a place they rode,  it's all memories, but the best thing

is to meet up with these guys years later that where part of our memories  and to many start it all over again :daumenhoch:   
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 10:38 PM by SuperBikeDan »
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 11:01 PM »
 :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Vans Style

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 11:02 PM »
as memories go,  this is a good example, was at rom yesterday, just watching billy ride on a wednesday eve,

sat there for over two hours, must admit, played with my new mobile for most of the time ;D

but watching the boys ride,  they was all tricking the new jump box, now some are rippers pulling loads of

tricks and some are not but as a crew together they clap and applaud everyone who gave it a go :)

now this reminds me when me, pat,  stupps, dave curry, marco, errol and so on rode together, just cheered each

other on, just like i saw last night,  could we have imagined  20 plus years later we'd all be back talking about the old days,

now will billy and his mates who rode last night be doing the in 20 years time,   i think they will ;)

and we will be vintage ;D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 11:03 PM by SuperBikeDan »
For powder coating drop me a pm

Trev

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 12:08 AM »
Andy, I still think that pic of you with Dave Y, Andy P & Terry J will be a very hard pic to top....ever.  I have seen so many pics over the last twenty years, but that just has something to it, that nothing else will ever have...  4 80's legends in the same pic 20 years on.  Pure quality!  :4_17_5:

MattLeach

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 01:39 PM »
all hail his female alter ego Anne Depreston

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 11:13 PM »
A well deserved appreciation thread
One of my idols back then ( I bought AP sliders ,gators and a Yes helmet  ;) )
Although I wasn't fortunate enough to meet the man, I can easily believe all the praise saying how genuine and down to earth he was ,
 cos thats the way he came across
Hail Andy Preston
indeed  :4_17_5:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 11:44 AM »
Great thread!

I wasn't a mate of any of the guys in the photo but I did speak to Dave Y a few times and he was a nice guy. However, me and Dave Slade bumped into Andy P a few times at Southsea and he was a top guy. Mentioning no names obviously but a few people back then who had factory rides were a bit up their own backsides (only a couple) but Andy P was a really pleasant guy and probably one of the nicest guys in BMX for that time.

Hat's off to you fella!

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 05:27 PM »
This threard is EXACTLY the reason why i love being a RAD memebr, and exactly why im still so stoked to  be into BMX.
Thankyou thankyou thankyou for the memories.

theRuler

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 11:06 AM »
andy get mr p along to one of the skatepark lock ins

i'd like to trackstand session with him :)

mike pardon

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 09:54 AM »
Hiya all, i havent logged on here for a few weeks been busy with ALANS.BMX.COM/SHIMANO DXR race team!!
I got up this morning after having a good days racing yesterday at Cheddar both for myself and the team. Munching on my cornflakes and was stoked to see the replies to Andys pics and some of the get together shots.I thought the thread had gone.
I was due to be at the 25th anniversary  raleigh  burner bash on Saturday but i couldnt make it as it clashed with the national in Cheddar .
I dont think Andy has changed in his looks and attitude since we travelled around doing demos and promo stuff all those years ago he still 100% in whatever he does. Funny the path we all take in life when you look back eh?

some one wrote: (This thread is EXACTLY the reason why i love being a RAD member, and exactly why im still so stoked to  be into BMX) never a more true statement..
I never got any really decent surfing shots of me, i surfed all over the place. G-Land in Indonesia is a heavy wave. Wish i had some pics from that. If you ever go to the surfers bar in Rossnowlagh, Co-donegal check out the wall i there, theres a few crackers..

Anyway lets keep the Andy pics coming.. see ya all. Mike

www.actionsportscoaching.com

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 04:14 PM »
What would be the chances of getting the old school heroes to the MK gig this summer? That would be  :4_17_5:
Vans Style

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2007, 10:19 AM »
 great to see Andy in action, and to have him on here as a member!

he's a real old schooler. what a legend.    :daumenhoch:

Not sure about that knee surfer thing tho'    :LolLolLolLol:
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Carlo Griggs

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 07:45 PM »
many good memories of when i was a kid..

Jazzchimp

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 07:50 PM »
Great memories, even better to see you all reunited. That must have been a superb feeling  :daumenhoch:

Although terry has got something of the Marti Pellow about him  ???  :daumenhoch:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 07:51 PM »
What would be the chances of getting the old school heroes to the MK gig this summer? That would be  :4_17_5:

gotta agree

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  ALL HAIL ANDY PRESTON

gfxgfx
gfx gfx