gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 09:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  ALL HAIL ANDY PRESTON
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ALL HAIL ANDY PRESTON  (Read 37837 times)

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
Re: ALL HAIL ANDY PRESTON
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 11:26 PM »
AP testing the Vector Unlimited Freestyler, one handed bar endo  :D
Vans Style

Frosty

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2007, 12:48 PM »
AP on the Star and Maximum tests with Mike (not sure if it is Mike in the MG)??

one handed santa

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2007, 08:32 PM »
 :crazy2:
Just got to the computer after a megga party with the irwin. 5am this guy rocks in party mode and has the best mates with garages full of hot tunes and vibes. I had a great time in southport, cant wait to go again sometime. Nice job andy.
Hi to Dave and Terry again, and Marcus, it was good to see you all again. Cant type too much , im off to the beach tomorrow, i recon it will be about 15 mph so some big ass jumps to be had.
Anyone been to the new skatepark in Swafham, norfolk. ? I saw a news report on it last week, concrete, vert bowl and lines a plenty!! could be good for an old school carving session. (come back chris miller from molecules of motion).
Anyhow laters

mike pardon

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2007, 09:07 PM »
AP on the Star and Maximum tests with Mike (not sure if it is Mike in the MG)??

Nah mate not me in the MG !! thats my wheel you can see on the same page though,MMMMM Pontins holiday camp!!! Andy and i worked there for 6 months it was like a Friday night everyday..

Frosty

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2007, 10:05 PM »
They weren't so generous in the editing suite with your shots Mike this is rest of the double spread

I head up to Swafham now and then to ride the enduro practice track :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2007, 10:54 PM »
Anyone got any pics of Mike's Team Pro?

mike pardon

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2007, 09:15 AM »

A couple of my early machines

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2007, 09:39 AM »
Your Team Pro was almost standard then.

i like that Chrome Aero Pro. That Endo must be one of the most iconic endo shots ever. :daumenhoch:

Frosty

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2007, 04:10 PM »
You note AP's treads?? The new (at the time) Dunlop Green Flash

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2007, 04:18 PM »
Is Mike gonna be at MK07 ::)......that shot of the Aero Pro endo is on the MK flyer :daumenhoch:
Vans Style

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2007, 04:50 PM »
Andy is a truly nice guy :)  I met him at Doncaster Motor Show maybe 85 or 86. He was test riding the Scorpion Brakedancer. I had a Black Mohican and he said i looked like Al Pacino in Taxi Driver  ;D  We took him to our Ramps that were set up behind the Bus depot and showed him some moves ;)  For me he ranks as one of the smoothest of the early freestylers.
  Terry Jenkins... ex Torker. He rode with another guy and i cant remember his name. One of them ended up on the same Stunt show i worked on in the late 80s i think  :)
  Great Pics...Great Guys....Great memories  :D

chris laney

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2007, 10:16 PM »
I Haven't been on here for a while havin tons of personal s..t at the mo so I thought I'd log on....The memories ohhh the memories. I still love BMX and all the great times & feeling it gave me. I might buy me a bike this summer!!! Love to you all.

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2007, 11:53 PM »
I just spotted Chris Laneys name on this thread and it reminded me of the time Andy Preston came to Farnborough to do a display at a local school. I can't remember how it came about but had something to do with Motorcycle city (who were just down the road) and it was a big thing to have him and Mike Pardon there. At the time Motorcycle City were sponsoring us as the Yes Trick team. Chris, Darren Walsh and Mike Goodman were the real stars of our displays and I was along as chief ramp builder.

The thing that sticks in my mind was the fact that our quarter pipe was a lot wider than theirs but a bit of a funny shape. They couldn't get used to ours and we scared of falling off the edge of theirs.
It was one of the many good days we had, plus I can say I did a display a pair of the big name riders of the day.  ;)

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2007, 11:46 PM »
how cool is this thread. fairly new to the site,but has anyone done a then and now hall of fame. would be cool to see pics of top riders from bitd and now.

Trev

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2007, 12:30 AM »
although i didn't get into bmx properly until 1985, i do remember watching bits of bmx beat in 1984.  back then the only bmxer i'd ever heard of was andy ruffell.  however in 84, the ONLY rider i remembered (bear in mind in wasn't really into bmx at the time so had no reason to remember anyone) was Andy Preston... Sorry Mike, I know you won it..... Funnily enough, the only image i remembered from back then was when Andy was told he'd qualified for the final.  He sort of moved his head in numerous directions with the "who me?" sort of look...  That has got to be my first ever memory of BMX in this country.  A true legend.

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2007, 01:49 AM »
mike you should get him on here  :daumenhoch:.

whooooooooooooo bounty dog
hunter

mark 2

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2007, 02:10 AM »
  Terry Jenkins... ex Torker. He rode with another guy and i cant remember his name. One of them ended up on the same Stunt show i worked on in the late 80s i think  :)

Could be Mike Cameron your thinking of, he was a friend of mine from Cardiff, rode for Peugot doing shows at holiday camps and Terry was involved with Mike at some point so maybe that was it. He also won the pro flatland when BMX Beat was that Tizer international event in 87.

Trev

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2007, 08:02 AM »
Mike Cameron was probably the smoothest rider bitd.  Had his own style of tricks.  Fantastic to watch...

one handed santa

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2007, 03:04 PM »
Hi Folks
The guy in the mg was called Phil, he was a guitarist in the Eddy Laver show Band, the pontins resident band at the time in 1983. Trusting chap eh!
Wasn’t it Julian Parkinson who rode with terry ? wheres he now. I remember him being the same size as andy Irwin is nowthe las time i saw him. That was about 20 years ago now.
I found the shot of the dips in my collection, hope it gets onto the site.
The guys in the photo are, as faras i can remember. From left to right.
Andy? Or Darren? Parr (cant quite remember, sorry man), Pike as himself, John (i can build anything) Lee, Top chap whos father owened the Chorley BMX track. Me in the air on my aero rimmed PK Ripper, with white wall shopping bike tyres! Godfrey Burke, Dave Westwell, Cant remember the big guys name (cant think why!! Sorry bud) and cant remember the other guys name either, appologies again to him.
What a place the dips were,flat run up to a 200 foot really steep drop (if you got it right your wheels just touched down before the rise) then it arced up to flat with a nice lip, happy happy days there.

Talking of John Lee, I remember seeing a video he made with Pike called Goin for the big one. The big one was an ariel on one of the dodgiest quater pipes of all time. If John ever gets a chance he should put it on utube for all to enjoy. I think it had a naked Pike running around in shot, again!
Anyhow Thats about it.
Anyone need any sliders or leg gaiters, let me know.
Also i have a Haro racing devision sticker from 1983 still on the back, anyone need it?
Also have some ultimate Yellow threads, a BMX Action trick team t shirt (BUFF and RL MFM most factory team) some scorpion breakdancer leathers, and other apparel.

Laters
Ap

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2007, 03:10 PM »
Anyone need any sliders or leg gaiters, let me know.
Also i have a Haro racing devision sticker from 1983 still on the back, anyone need it?
Also have some ultimate Yellow threads, a BMX Action trick team t shirt (BUFF and RL MFM most factory team) some scorpion breakdancer leathers, and other apparel.

get some piccies up.
dave the bmxing gypo

one handed santa

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2007, 03:14 PM »
Im trying to get the insert picture button working right now, any ideas?

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2007, 03:17 PM »
you need to get photobucket mate.

follow this or email me the pics and i'll post em up for you.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=32.0

davidjl3@msn.com
dave the bmxing gypo

madall

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2007, 03:41 PM »
Andy

I think the last time I saw you was at Goodwood race track summer 85-86 when you were the comentator for the Skyway trick team, Im sure I have the pics somewhere

one handed santa

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2007, 03:51 PM »
Goodwood, was that the place with the freestyle area in the middle?
Vague recolections!!

I think i did a good no handed drop it there LOL

We went to so many demos its hard to visualise them all, photos would greatly enhance my time jaded memory.
AP

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2007, 04:24 PM »
Nice pic of you in the icon section of Ride this month Andy, on a PK Ripper  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  ALL HAIL ANDY PRESTON

gfxgfx
gfx gfx