gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 19, 2024, 09:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline Proline II
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Redline Proline II  (Read 109228 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Redline Proline II
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2007, 11:35 PM »
Oh they gotta be cleaned and polished, their my babies :angel: :smitten:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

gt0733

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2007, 11:37 PM »
Oh they gotta be cleaned and polished, their my babies :angel: :smitten:

actually...............your right. mmmmm prolines :smitten:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2007, 11:40 PM »
Took mine to a 5th tonight, nope im lying I was on the powerlite tonight, but the PL did get me the B final win on Sunday :4_17_5:

Oh you gotte see my 3rd one, talk about survivor :shocked: Its gonna need more than autosol :2funny: pics as soon as i can be arsed :daumenhoch:

GREMLIN

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2007, 11:46 PM »
P.m'd Gt m8  :daumenhoch:
Looking forward to seeing your No3 Ratty. Before and after.  ;) Get those pics up m8.    G.     8)

kowalski

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2007, 09:02 AM »
can someone please let me know if any stickers turn up, i would b happy as a pig in shit, ps good work gremlin i bet those arms ache today!

GREMLIN

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2007, 02:14 PM »
Not so much arms aching m8. Feels as though i'm dragging my knuckles along the ground tho.  :LolLolLolLol:
It's looking like this today... A bit more healthy me thinks  8)  Next job... the forks  :knuppel2:
   G.  :daumenhoch:

kowalski

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2007, 03:26 PM »
mate i cant wait to get hold of mine, it was shipped yest from the us so hopefully next week i can get busy, i will need all parts except f+fs so if you know of anything or can give me some advise on sourcing stuff please let me know, this is my first ever rebuild and i really havent got a clue im more an os skater, my only other bike is a mid eighties pro-lite cheers and keep rubbing!!!!! 

GREMLIN

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2007, 12:15 PM »
As soon as your f&fs land matey you'll have to get the pics of it fired onto here. Don't forget the b4 and after pics.  ;)

Any help you need on any part of the resto or build, just give us lot a shout. Always happy to give our opinions or advice.  :)

As far as i being your first build. Just take your time enjoy it, and watch out for that bug that's gonna creep up on you. The one you didn't realize you'd caught, til one day you're looking at a dozen bikes sat all over the house. Spare parts rammed into every and spare space and thinking to yourself...  "i'm sure i've enough room for that Ripper in here somewhere".  :D     G.

zed4130

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2007, 12:32 PM »
thats come up realy nice gav  :daumenhoch: will look nice when its done, are you using it at mk ?

GREMLIN

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2007, 12:46 PM »
Cheers Paul m8.  Gonna take my time over this build. As for using it at M.k... maybe next year if it's together  ;)    Gav.

kowalski

« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2007, 11:18 AM »
hey grem, still waiting for my f+fs to arrive its torture!! have been off work sick for a while too so could do with a bit of excitement!!!! anyway i am starting to try and gather parts already, have just got my headset same as yours great choice! not earning money as self employed so have to be careful not to spend too much! anyway how did your dropouts polish up? i saw some of your chrome had come off, does it look good? ps check ebay.com there are 2 pairs of nos v bars blue and red pair i want to bid but am damn skint may help you out though

GREMLIN

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2007, 12:04 PM »
I know what it's like to wait bud. Mine took over 2 weeks... from London.  :D
Beartrap headsets are very nice. This is my 3rd one.  Quality.
I've not really attacked the drops yet. The forks cleaned up nicely, but that's as far as i got. Looking very nice now part built  :smitten:
The Redline bars on ebay us are cool. But not what i'm looking for. Gotta be chrome Proline v-bars. Which are pro sized. But it's up to you at the end of the day m8. Your build.  Hope it lands on your step sooner rather than later. Give us all a shout when it does.  :daumenhoch:   G.

kowalski

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2007, 12:17 AM »
gremlin or anyone else please advise, a really nice chap on here is selling a set of araya polished racing wheels rims are 20x1 .3/8, now i know these are not the wheels of choice but will they look ok on a pl? was it a race bike bitd, i quite like the thinner race wheels and race plate feel but if they look shite or are totally wrong please let me know asap as i have first dib dobs and dont want to dissapoint the kind seller, cheers

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2007, 12:20 AM »
The PL20 was designed for the older rider (pro) and skinnies would suit a smaller bike. But they will still look good on a PL, its your bike, build it how you like it, not like everyone else :daumenhoch:

kowalski

« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2007, 12:45 AM »
cheers ratty, so they wont look well out of place? when i see these wheels on thinner frames they look sweet, but as my f/ing frame is still not in the country yet i dont know how chunky it looks u know, have u seen pls with thin arayas dude?

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2007, 12:47 AM »
tbh, i havent, but Ive seen my mates GT pro with skinnies on it, and it looks ok, check it out in the OSS bike vote :daumenhoch:

kowalski

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2007, 12:54 AM »
will do mate cheers, i think i will get em i can always move em on if they look poop! i really wanted to do the bike og but its actually quite hard, ps saw your pl in the museum now that is a sweet ride you must be mr money bags!!!!!! :)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2007, 12:58 AM »
Not money bags, just keep your eyes open for good deals :daumenhoch: dont rush into the first thing you see

kowalski

« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2007, 01:05 AM »
great advise thats me allover! just checked the gt pics if its the one with red padset then yeah they look really smart, i think the proof is in the pudding and i will only know for sure when i hold the wheels up to the frame :daumenhoch: speaking of deals let us know when you are offloading those flight cranks on the cheap....im your man :D

GREMLIN

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2007, 10:56 AM »
It's your choice on wheels, parts etc buddy. Different people have differing tastes  :).  T.b.h i've not seen a P.l with skinnies on either. I've always preferred and gone for the 20x1.75 rims since forever. So Skinnies always look a bit strange to me.  ;)  G.

kowalski

« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2007, 12:53 PM »
boys thanks again for the advise, i have passed on the skinnies, shame they were decent value, can you let me know if any nice sets of arayas or ukais come up please or where to ask or look for some, i must say people on here are really friendly it makes a nice change!! ps one more day gone and still no sign of my new project!!!!!!!

Frosty

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2007, 12:55 PM »
just keep looking in the forsale section, ebay, Alans' etc etc

kowalski

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2007, 01:19 PM »
cheerrs frosty, doing all of those things 24/7, off work at the mo and sitting in front of this screen for hours at a time, operation redline is running overtime :daumenhoch:

kowalski

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2007, 01:28 PM »
majorly dumb question time be warned, ,,,,my frame thats coming is an 83 ,now i quite like the 85 pl set up including the decals, although its not era correct is there a difference in frame shape or size between these years? now for the dumbest question yet, when people build show bikes for comps do they build the bikes dry or do the cranks and usual parts get greased up and lubricated as if they were going to be ridden? i have defo got too much time on my hands!!! ??? ???

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2007, 01:51 PM »
Build the bike up using grease, it wont hurt the bike, and then when your ready, you can race it with us lunatics :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline Proline II

gfxgfx
gfx gfx