gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 02:11 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  DIY anodizing!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DIY anodizing!  (Read 674 times)

virtualmeuk

DIY anodizing!
« on: June 23, 2008, 01:44 PM »
Right getting fed up of trying to find cheap enough or interested enough anodizers.

Thinking of doing a DIY jos as there is alot of info about it on the web. Has anyone tried it?

If i do and it works i may offer to do other bits for people if they want so watch this space!

etriedes

Re: DIY anodizing!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 04:00 PM »
This guy done a site on home anodizing ... interesting read
http://astro.neutral.org/anodise2.shtml

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 04:15 PM »
Right getting fed up of trying to find cheap enough or interested enough anodizers.

Thinking of doing a DIY jos as there is alot of info about it on the web. Has anyone tried it?

If i do and it works i may offer to do other bits for people if they want so watch this space!

Yeah i quite fancy having a go at this too. I know you can buy diy annodizing kits on the web, you get all the gear as afr as i remember when i last looked

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 05:42 PM »
Just been round to my local annodising plant!
 Talked to the guy there and had a look at some bits he had just done,blue and red which looked a good match for tuf neck stems etc.
He said 40 quid minimum price for 1 colour.
You would need to do a few parts for it to be economical.
Any old ano has to be stripped by them first.
 They cant do anything made from 7075 ali because of zinc content,something to be aware of(maybe other places can do it).
 Also enquired about chemical blackening but he cant do chromoly(would look good on one piece cranks etc) this is quite cheap to do i think.May get some bits done and show you the results!

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 03:33 PM »
round here its £65 +vat minimum, so that sounds like a good deal.
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  DIY anodizing!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx