gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 08:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  *** MK10 - Show & Shine Rules - A little debate... ***
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: *** MK10 - Show & Shine Rules - A little debate... ***  (Read 16751 times)

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: *** MK10 - Show & Shine Rules - A little debate... ***
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2009, 04:17 PM »
It didn't read that way to me DB. Lee's bikes are the bollox and i felt quite bad that none of his came in, as Dave said we could have picked all three race winners from Lee's.

I think what we need to do is keep one of the judges from the previous year and change the other two so that we get that difference of opinion on the various bikes.  :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2009, 04:28 PM »
Would a public vote work for one of the prizes?

It might be hard to do though!!  :-\

thecrooch

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2009, 04:29 PM »
It didn't read that way to me DB. Lee's bikes are the bollox and i felt quite bad that none of his came in, as Dave said we could have picked all three race winners from Lee's.

I think what we need to do is keep one of the judges from the previous year and change the other two so that we get that difference of opinion on the various bikes.  :daumenhoch:

Totally Agree - was a bit weird!   

Oh and ill happily judge next year....

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2009, 04:33 PM »
we ran a vote , however it was abused and someone thought that getting your mates to forge voting slips was a good idea

making a mokery of the peoples choice award

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2009, 04:38 PM »
As Rich says the peoples choice vote gets abused every year which is why we stopped doing it this year.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2009, 04:41 PM »
theres some sad people about aint there  :idiot2:
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2009, 04:41 PM »
I dont think anyone can complain about this years winners like, each one well worthy. Its personal opinion and thats easy when you dont have to scrutinize fook all  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2009, 04:55 PM »
It's always gunna be a controversial discussion this one ! I have had 4 pm's to say how come none of your bikes won owt ? To be honest I'm not bothered, I did get recognition but I'm not in this for medals or cups ( it would be nice mind  :LolLolLolLol:) I'm in it as it's my hobby and I love it all.

I get a buz from collecting a packet from the post office, speaking to people, restoring a part and being envolved with the events !

The judging is tough as we all have different opinions in what looks good, some see some bikes as stunners, others see the same bikes as a circus ride !

The judges give up their time at MK and some forgo the chance of entering their own bikes, people will never agree ! When I first got involved it was Radman this Radman that ! I could never understand until I became mates with him and really noticed and appreciated the time, effort and detail on his bikes. Now however I look round at newbies and think what a fantastic job they have done. Like Dave say's, last years bikes may take the prize this year and change again next !

My hat is off to everybody who enters, you are all winners regardless of medals and prizes, that's not what it's all about ! :LolLolLolLol:

Nick

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2009, 05:03 PM »
Winning's nice, but I just feel privileged to be able to see so many cool and so many diverse builds and some amazing displays each year.  To which a lot of members spend the whole year planning.  Prizes add a bit of fun, but showing everyone your collection is the main thing.  However large of small, common or rare it may be   :)
Neil

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2009, 05:08 PM »
You didn't even turn up you mong  :P

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2009, 05:11 PM »
Winning's nice, but I just feel privileged to be able to see so many cool and so many diverse builds and some amazing displays each year.  To which a lot of members spend the whole year planning.  Prizes add a bit of fun, but showing everyone your collection is the main thing.  However large of small, common or rare it may be   :)

Well said !

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2009, 05:11 PM »
haha, but if i had  :P
Neil

Triple T

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2009, 11:44 PM »
Judging the bikes must be a nightmare when there are so many bikes covering such a variety of manufacturers.

You need to be an 'expert' in EVERY era / manufacturer and model to get things perfect.

For example... 2 Chrome Aero Pro's lined up 2 bikes apart... one was 99.9% factory spec (and the only Aero Pro in existence with a set of NOS correct colour decals) the other had a painted Stem, wrongly coloured decals and the wrong seat clamp... guess which one was awarded a 'Highly Recommended' medal...  ;)  :D

Just to respond to the observations regarding the Aero Pro Burner Specs and the highly commended award. I'm not sure about the mentioned 99.9% factory spec Aero Pro. To my knowledge the Aero's didn't come with Polished Rims, Mx 1000's  or a gold  Raleigh sticker on the seat. The Suntour seat clamp fitted should be correct for a mk 1 Aero but it was missing the OGK Mach grips and Tech 2 levers.  As for the decals, if there had been a way of obtaining a complete matching set I would have done my best to get them but to my knowledge this still isn't possible.

I agree that a champ should be able to defend his title. I'd rather rise to the challenge and will be looking at ways to improve my entries for MK10. If you do stop winning bikes from entering the following year perhaps there could be a champion of champion's class?

moley

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2009, 12:19 AM »
I dont know nowt about the Nomura but it is a lovely bike!!

Other people must think so!!   It had a 2 page article in the latest BMX Plus magazine!!

Only 310 Aluminium frames (no more than 40 exist with 27 confirmed) built worldwide and only 150 (13 known to exist) Cro-mo Nomuras.  Only 4 welders through the life of the company between 1979 and  1984.

Or at least thats what the article said!!

Thats what I like about it!!  I'd never even heard of one until last year!!   I used to get all the magazines including the US ones as a kid but it never registered in my brain so it was a genuine delight to see something  new and fresh that I've overlooked from BITD.

There were so many great bikes on show!!

I loved the Curtis and JMC cruiser too. 

Radmans display was as always top notch!!

It nearly makes me want to polish up my bikes...............well nearly, I'm too lazy!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2009, 07:40 AM »

personally i dont think so. mattdubs pukka champion won best old school last year, it then won it this year, beating everyone of radmans bikes, which has 2 or 3 previous best in show bikes  :shocked:  tbh i cant believe that not one of radmans bikes didnt place. I dont know what the answer is but something needs changing

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2009, 01:12 PM »
I must admit - radmans bikes really did deserve at least something - just because he consistently brings prbably the best bikes to show every year, shoudlnt go against him - the work he puts in to those builds is incredible.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2009, 10:19 PM »

personally i dont think so. mattdubs pukka champion won best old school last year, it then won it this year, beating everyone of radmans bikes, which has 2 or 3 previous best in show bikes  :shocked:  tbh i cant believe that not one of radmans bikes didnt place. I dont know what the answer is but something needs changing

My Champion won best OPC race class last year when they were seperate classes , both OPC and 3 piece crank racers were grouped together this year . I did'nt like the reference toward low end ( OPC ) and high end ( 3 piece ) last year so was perfectly happy when they were combined . Some may think it anal but I put some thought and more into my builds . I totally agree that Lee has some awesome builds .

I don't think you should stop old winners re-entering , it's up to others to step it up to compete if they want to win trophies . I research and source what I think are the correct parts , anyone can do that with patience . 

Offline pkradman

• Rated:
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2009, 10:33 PM »
the bar lifts each year it has to .. most of my bikes are old news and for the past year or so ive been tweaking bits ..esp here and son-lite there ect ect  :LolLolLolLol:,, so the incoming new  "bobby dazzlers" are gonna catch the eye .. as ive said before regarding the race section i thought the judges were spot on .. and just hearing ur comments regarding my bikes is more rewarding than any trophey  :4_17_5:   

i may do some judging next year with pete and crooch`y  ... so matts champion might win again  :LolLolLolLol:  :daumenhoch:

munners

« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2009, 10:41 PM »

Sticking up for ya bum chum. :LolLolLolLol:

Ah thats nice mate. Lee's collection is the best and his bikes are 10/10 BUT.......and he is gonna kill me.........they are all very similar builds imo. That and the fact that he hasn't got alot of freestyle bikes (bubble gum bikes as he calls them) is the only negative factors that i have about his collection.

I also think that his bikes could be overlooked as people would EXPECT his bikes to be voted for so they go for something else. Its the x factor syndrome. :LolLolLolLol:

Saying that...... the best bike at MK (and i wasnt there but have seen it before) was Matts Nomura and it deservedly won.

Winners should be up to retain their crown.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 10:43 PM by munners »

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2009, 10:45 PM »
i dont blow smoke up no one's ass but got to agree!!!!!!!! ffs lee's setups a bit fookin mental, utter top line .
i dont as a rule enter show & shine   unless its out of my control   ::)   i just love bringing a few each year.
but can see the bars going up n up   ..so well done to all that bothered turning up and putting your builds out for all to see.

remember also, its not all about showing to win,i like to see stuff that i havent seen before or something like i may have owned or a mate had
so it rekindles memories..

etriedes

« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2009, 02:49 PM »
Even if every bike entered in s&s was era correct and immaculate there can still only be 3 winners , and there would still be people un happy with the results .... So be proud of what you show and you get a big reward by other members asking and talking to you about your builds while at the show, and if you win 1st 2nd or 3rd look at it as a bonus  :daumenhoch:

Sparky24

« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2009, 04:19 PM »
i built my aero pro to the colour and spec that i wanted and could not give a monkeys if it was era correct. and if i come back next year and all the winners entered in the s&s again won,t bother me . i know by looking at ALL the other bikes mine won,t win and i don,t agree with what does win . in my mind the 2 bikes that do it for me were CUPID STUNTS GT and ANIMALS TIM MARCH ex factory red racer :daumenhoch: :smitten: lets do it all again in 2010

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2009, 10:42 PM »
Cheers 4 that me babber  :smitten: Ur aero was the dogs danglies  ::) The saying I was after was "Ginornous in um "  :LolLolLolLol: Nice words about our bikes fella  ;) Also I got more out of Mk this year from all the kind words and peeps said about my collection and the conversations I had about my resto stuff and my bodgin  :shocked:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 10:55 PM by ANIMAL »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  *** MK10 - Show & Shine Rules - A little debate... ***

gfxgfx
gfx gfx