gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 10:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  ajkbikes getting squeezed by pacific cycles
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ajkbikes getting squeezed by pacific cycles  (Read 2546 times)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
ajkbikes getting squeezed by pacific cycles
« on: July 22, 2009, 09:02 PM »
got a email from ajkbikes today, he has been told to stop doing GT decals immediately by pacific cycles the owner of GT bikes, what a bunch of cnuts. not as tho he is gonna become a millionaire is it, bunch of cnuts

magna13

Re: ajkbikes getting squeezed by pacific cycles
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 09:11 PM »
Just tell them to jog on i would, loads of other people are doing it! How pathetic! d*ckheads! >:(

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 10:01 PM »
I'd suggest that anyone wanting these offers him trades for them immediately.

That way he has ceased to sell them as required - but you get your GT decals before he is no longer able to even trade them.

Pacific Cycles don't mess about - This has happen before with mongoose decals and others - Nobody wins only Pacific

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 10:35 PM »
But how does Pacific win  ??? Unless they still make them  ???

Who's bothered about that GT Tat anyway  ::)   ;D

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 08:10 AM »
people who repro decals should be shot!

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 08:18 AM »
people who repro decals should be shot!

:LolLolLolLol:

hung drawn and quartered would be more suitable, then we could watch just to see how long it takes..... :D
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 08:46 AM »
the GT decals have already been removed from his site. Man I hate these heartless corporations... :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 10:05 AM »
But how does Pacific win  ??? Unless they still make them  ???

Who's bothered about that GT Tat anyway  ::)   ;D

Pacific don't care - One letter from their lawyers, should be plenty warning, anyone silly enough to carry on after that will get squashed.

Tim who made the mongoose decals on Vintage years ago was stopped by them - They just don't care, if it infringes on their copy right © then they close you down. It took a long time and many conversations before Vintage got the rights to reproduce them (they just want their cut).

Bmx Museum was stopped by Se some years back.

Redline did the same, to anyone selling repros on the net.

It seems that the consensus is that if you only producing a very small amount to finish a project and recoup your basic cost, then they will probably turn a blind eye, but if you start marketing them and selling the in quantity then you'll get a letter from the spooks.

Like I said, I don't think they can touch him if he 'trades' the remainder of his stock.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 03:33 PM »
Copyright does not last in perpertuity, they are chancing their arm and pushing their luck.  The decals have been in the public domain for so long they would go broke pursuing an international claim.  I would be very surprised if any UK court would up hold any action and unlikely that after 30 odd years a US court would do the same.  Also, for them to win ANY claim they have to prove that a profit has been made form the sale of such items, no profit = no claim.  Easy get out clause and very, very hard for them to prove otherwise.  Tell Pacific to stick it up their ar$e and let them  rack up the legal bills to prove otherwise.  If in doubt, contact a copyright and patents lawyer  :daumenhoch:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 03:43 PM »
Copyright does not last in perpertuity, they are chancing their arm and pushing their luck.  The decals have been in the public domain for so long they would go broke pursuing an international claim.  I would be very surprised if any UK court would up hold any action and unlikely that after 30 odd years a US court would do the same.  Also, for them to win ANY claim they have to prove that a profit has been made form the sale of such items, no profit = no claim.  Easy get out clause and very, very hard for them to prove otherwise.  Tell Pacific to stick it up their ar$e and let them  rack up the legal bills to prove otherwise.  If in doubt, contact a copyright and patents lawyer  :daumenhoch:.

Spot on, i find it funny that we just take there word for it that they still have copyright to these decals. Copyright only last for so long and i doubt that these companys re-applied in the mid 90s when it was worthless. Just because the own the company GT bikes does not mean they still own the rights to the old stuff  ;)

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 04:23 PM »
They're all twatS in my opinion.

A few years back I was re-popping Redline Decal sets and selling them on the bay and a few on here. I only did it because the so called "Genuine" Redline decals are ALL SHITE! Graphically inaccurate and not printed on the correct materials etc. Their CNUTING Prostyler decals didn't even fit the seat tube for god's sake  :2funny:

Anyways... to cut a long story short I was threatened with a lawsuit by Seattle Bike Supply so had to give up selling them. I even offered to do their artwork for them for nowt to make sure their decals were correct cos their graphics designers aint worth a hoot! They weren't interested about quality at all just the $$$$$$$$
 :rant:

John

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  ajkbikes getting squeezed by pacific cycles

gfxgfx
gfx gfx