gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975499 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 07:06 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  mk 10 old school race
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: mk 10 old school race  (Read 20155 times)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: mk 10 old school race
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 10:36 PM »
pre op tony was the OSS # 1

When was he Number 1. Did he in a winter series?

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 11:04 PM »
There is a reason that the north (and I include Scotland) has large turnouts in our "O/S" races. Its cos we have fun and are easy going, the debate on Old Skool bikes rages on within our ranks and the banter is fook funny. If you are that serious about racing pre 87 bikes, cool. We, with our ferrets and flatcaps will still be doing our relaxed fun thing (with mid school bikes if people want)regardless, as for MK, then its simple, Make another class- mid school, thats assuming it will be allowed at an Old school event, along with all the other classes that happen at MK year after year.

FFS, I will never get this 5 minutes back

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 11:26 AM »
I think the argument in the South stemmed from people with pre 84 bikes that didn't like getting beaten by people that also stuck to the rules but took it to it's natural conclusion and raced early 90's framed bikes.

dan-dare

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 11:28 AM »

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 01:06 PM »
One other thing (picking up on points in some earlier posts) - what made MK09 way better than racing OS at a regular regional was having to work through motos (of different riders), quaters, semis and then A, B, & C finals. Part of the fun was seeing how far you could progress, and racing different people at each gate.

Without keeping all of the bikes & riders in under the current rules, we wouldn't have had such big gates and wide spread of riders. If we split down even further into year groups, the racing challenge gets less, and becomes more like a regular regional.

So on reflection, I'm for keeping the rules as open as possible to attract as many entries as possible = more fun  :)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 01:10 PM »
the rules state 1" threaded headset and caliper brake (including Pittbulls) 

thems the rules so abide by em with whatever you want to race on   :daumenhoch:

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2009, 01:32 PM »
personally, i got into os racing because i never raced bitd and to me its a dream come true :smitten: my bike is an 87 haro with 90% os parts on it, i could easily race a newer bike,but to me its all about bitd frames and parts and doing the best i can. i would like to race my 83 Patterson and if i cant find any os profile box cranks for it  >:(,im gonna race it next summer series.
racing on an older bike and doing well makes a good result sweeter!
me i dont care what anyone else races as its a great crack, and imposing to many rules may put people off racing and that would be a great shame.best to leave as is :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2009, 01:33 PM »
Nikki mixing the OS gates was the key!!   :daumenhoch:

Everyone got a chance to race everyone else!!   :)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 01:43 PM »
The idea of trying to limit something that you want to grow has never made sense to me.

In my opinion the best way is to keep the rules simple and as they are, therefore getting more racers on the gate.

This after all is all about racing, not show and shine.

JT71

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 02:02 PM »
well if the rules stay the same I'm looking forward to taking a midschool s&m with 48s up against kendo on summat old school and with tuffs next year.

mids vs old.

let's get it on and have FUN!

what's good is already peeps are talking about 2010.

:daumenhoch:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2009, 02:40 PM »
Well if the rules stay the same I'm looking forward to taking a midschool s&m with 48s up against kendo on summat old school and with tuffs next year

Joe - will Kendo actually be arsed to get whatever he brings out his van this time, or ill he amble over to our kid's bike shop / gazeebo and just jump on an old Mongoose and prove how unfit he is again? :LolLolLolLol:

Bring it on - a 1" headset and caliper brakes is as good a rule as any for me and it shouldn't be any more complicated. Don't take life too seriously and ride whatever you feel most likely to survive all the way round the track I say! Me, I trust my old bikes the most as they've survived the longest :2funny:
Still limping......

virtualmeuk

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2009, 02:59 PM »

Shame nobody told Gashead :shocked: ::)

virtualmeuk

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2009, 03:02 PM »
Well if the rules stay the same I'm looking forward to taking a midschool s&m with 48s up against kendo on summat old school and with tuffs next year

Joe - will Kendo actually be arsed to get whatever he brings out his van this time, or ill he amble over to our kid's bike shop / gazeebo and just jump on an old Mongoose and prove how unfit he is again? :LolLolLolLol:

Bring it on - a 1" headset and caliper brakes is as good a rule as any for me and it shouldn't be any more complicated. Don't take life too seriously and ride whatever you feel most likely to survive all the way round the track I say! Me, I trust my old bikes the most as they've survived the longest :2funny:

Cheeky fecker! :yahoo_silent: I will be more organised next year and not leave the bike burried at the back behind everything. I must admit i was totally disorganised and i was going to just pull out but gashead, pickle and your brother all said i couldnt and thats when your brothere offered me a bike. Couldnt say no then could i!!

JT71

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2009, 03:20 PM »

lol. it's all good fun though mate, you can beat him next year!

virtualmeuk

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2009, 03:28 PM »

lol. it's all good fun though mate, you can beat him next year!

I am only having a laugh mate. I doubt it would have made a shred of difference on the day as he was clearly fitter than me but a few people said whats he doing riding that in old school. I was just in it for the fun of it and i think thats what it should be. All of the people in my moto were having a laugh and im glad it wasnt taken seriously as that is not the point for me. MK for me was all about having fun with like minded people and thats the way it should stay. So as long as its a BMX you should be able to ride what u like.

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2009, 06:21 PM »
oh well guess it was bad idea to have a proper old school race at an old school event.  :-\

time to forget about this thread then  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2009, 06:34 PM »
oh well guess it was bad idea to have a proper old school race at an old school event.  :-\

time to forget about this thread then  :LolLolLolLol:

have a vintage-pre 79 race, would be good to see a gate of proper os classics with cotter pin cranks n banana seats, throwin roosters from their irc's :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2009, 12:35 AM »
yeah but russ you'll have had 52 different bikes by the time MK10 rolls around. :LolLolLolLol:

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2009, 10:21 AM »
 ::) And you wouldnt even have the goose had someone bought it the other week when you were selling it  ;D

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2009, 10:41 AM »
I have raced my 83 laserlite in old school for the last two years and havn't broken it so that aint an excuse. Yes, I would be gutted if it broke but at the end of the day, its a fookin bmx race bike for racing on!

The guys I race in Glasgow are riding robbo 90's or early s&m's. So on the flip side if they didn't ride those, I would be racing myself, mostly. I don't do that badly against them so I would rather they raced these bikes, than not at all.

However, I have always been of the opinion, like Dan, that OS should be on old school pre 87 bikes.

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2009, 10:54 PM »
the jump comp didnt do my 86 Zeronine much good  :LolLolLolLol:

its nice and light to race on, but very short at 19",  i fancied a change so i bought bof's S&M, really looking forward to jumping/racing on this next year  :daumenhoch:

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2009, 08:19 AM »
the old school issue is right, if its supposed to be an old school class then it should really be the bikes we all rode (if you rode back in the early 80's) back then but.......& it's a BIG BUT, i for 1 rode a goose california on my 1st race back since 86 at the tamest of tracks with only 6 jumps in it & it was the scariest thing that's happened to me on a bike....EVER! after crashing it made me realise that it could've been a lot worse had it been one of the better tracks. the week after saw me at MK09 on a free agent lime & i simply would not of rode the goose there or anywhere else for that matter. the free agent doesn't mean i won't stack or eliminate me from injury but it gives much more confidence, stability & enjoyable riding, not forgetting the much reduced risk of injury. basically, i wanted to return to bmx to race old school to have FUN & the only way i could do that (FUN being the operative word in the sentence) was to ride a bike that had as much rideability as poss & also qualified as old school.

dialledbikes

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2009, 11:53 AM »
Sorry, not read all the posts on this thread but surely it depends on how people define "old school".

1.  old school era; or
2.  old school technology

I'd say old school era is the boom years between 1980-86/88.

But bikes didn't really stop being old school until the mid-90s when aheadsets and canti-brakes started being used.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2009, 01:36 PM »
Can't believe this conversation is still going on. How many years has this been going on.  :LolLolLolLol:

moley

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2009, 01:39 PM »
Can't believe this conversation is still going on. How many years has this been going on.  :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  mk 10 old school race

gfxgfx
gfx gfx