gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 12:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  mk 10 old school race
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: mk 10 old school race  (Read 20249 times)

dialledbikes

Re: mk 10 old school race
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2009, 01:47 PM »
It's winter.  Everybody needs summat to bitch, moan, whinge about  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline R Al

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2009, 07:59 AM »
isn't it supposed to be a bit of fun?   ???

although to be honest i rode a mid school Hyper (about 93) which had a pitbul caliper and 1" threaded but i was no quicker on it than if i'd ridden my 83 Cali  :LolLolLolLol:

it's just nicer to ride

I agree, the rules of 1" threaded headset and caliper brakes limit the performance and era quite well IMO, sort of early 90's and older.
Im new to this old school racing and from what I can see people are in it to just have a good time and not take things too seriously, if the criteria to compete is tightend up too much less people would qualify or be able to race, and that would be a shame.

How about tightening up on the use of only OS or at least OS style parts  :-X

Offline R Al

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2009, 08:00 AM »
If its not a real OS bike then dont use it. Why ruin the OS with mid/new school stuff?
When Alan Woods started the first OS races the bike had to qualify and it was a stipulation that the rider was also old school.
The rider part was a bit unfair, but the bike should be old school.

The Alan decided to ride a 90's Robbo  ::)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2009, 01:59 PM »
I remember he was selling it on his site for ages a few years ago. Same age as my bike frame as I remember

Broggie

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2009, 08:10 PM »
I dunno, I'm happy with things as they are 1" and caliper brakes...I'm probably one of those people who would actually break a proper OS bike, due to inexperience
and if I'm honest I'm far more comfortable on my £45 Haro group one POS, than I ever was on my TA...not the nicest thing to say but honest at least.

Ray.

QuadPaul

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2009, 12:58 AM »
Trouble with OS racing these days is in a gate of 8 you'll have 5 Robbo's and 3 Haro's. Bring back OS racing from a few years back when a gate of 8 was 8 different OS bikes, the bike we all rode or dreamed of as kids  >:D

sorry couldn't resist and that was Braintree Apr 07, gate line up Haro RS2, Raliegh Aero, Hutch Pro Star, Hutch Pro Racer, Tange Hot Heart, GT Pro, Robbo pro, not sure about gate 1.   now that's a proper old skool gate :)

Personally I'd love to see a return to using OS era bikes rather than OS legal bikes as none of us were riding the late 80's early 90's bikes bitd. But I can't talk as I bought an 88 Haro for my last season in OS :Aresehole: But on the other hand I'd rather see lots of full gates rather than half empty gates

spillers#1

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2009, 01:17 AM »
Blimey paul that brings back some memories  :) my first meeting back on a bmx and the day i busted my hand  :-[
But still made the A final  :D look at them sh!t knee pads i'm wearing  ;D

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2009, 09:43 AM »
Trouble with OS racing these days is in a gate of 8 you'll have 5 Robbo's and 3 Haro's. Bring back OS racing from a few years back when a gate of 8 was 8 different OS bikes, the bike we all rode or dreamed of as kids  >:D

You're probably right about the people who take it far too serious Paul, but if you have a look at the OS novice footage from MK this year you'll see some proper old school rides all wobbling round the track. I know for a fact there was a pair of 1978 and 1980 Team Mongooses and Jonnygoose's 1982 Supergoose all looking rubbish out there (the riders, not the bikes of course!) :2funny:

Hopefully next year the novices will all meet up again and we will all have yet another set of far too precious bikes to even be ridden being thrashed about and most likely crashed at least once. After all, most of us have realised that there are a few masters of welding who frequent this site who can help if something goes seriously wrong :10_2_12:
Still limping......

Rooonga

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2009, 01:45 PM »
I think that the rules as they are are fine.

In fact a couple of people would probably benefit from there being a pre 88 or so rule. Cos there were a couple of older bikes that do have 19"+ toptubes - even though much older.

I think there's a redlline that's like that. So this rule would mean anyone with one of these bikes has a definite advantage over the rest of the pack.

I have owned loads of shorter OS bikes, and TBH I don't feel comfortable riding them. (Although as you know I've crashed new school too LOL!) My 1st race bike coming back into the sport was this beauty - but it was at Peterborough, and was scary as fook! (Plus I was racing in a n/s class cos OS wasn't around yet LOL!)

I still can't believe I let it go for 500 quid - it really was a minter!

BobbyGHP - wanna sell it back? (Is he still around??)

ace21

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2010, 11:44 PM »
i will love 2 ride and race  my old school bmx

PK6061

« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2010, 08:40 PM »
its great the way it is. think we need to keep all the moto's mixed  :daumenhoch:

weavill

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2010, 08:35 PM »
ive been racin my mongoose cali now for 3 winter reginals and not done too bad ( a 3rd and  a 5th in the last two a finals)
 :daumenhoch:

In2 bmx

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2010, 12:32 PM »
I Might give my 82 robbo a run out . Its got one piece cranks i used to brake the Ali three piece as a KID for fun .. The amount of money they go for now and i used to trash a pair jumping once a month till the Redline's come out ..

There should be a limit on the age of the bikes Propa OLD SChOOl.  :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2010, 12:38 PM »
if it aint broke.........................

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2010, 12:42 PM »
i was thinking, if we could get enough interest we could run a one off pit bike race on Saturday night  :daumenhoch:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2010, 10:36 PM »
i was thinking, if we could get enough interest we could run a one off pit bike race on Saturday night  :daumenhoch:

Me and Hootski70 will be up for that - take my daughter's 16" Nipper Ripper for a spin after a bottle of Jack........ :2funny:
Still limping......

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2010, 03:25 PM »

Me and Hootski70 will be up for that - take my daughter's 16" Nipper Ripper for a spin after a bottle of Jack........ :2funny:

Im up for that  :daumenhoch:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2010, 05:16 PM »

Im up for that  :daumenhoch:

Get yourself signed up then bud - there's a whole post about it! :LolLolLolLol:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=107891.0
Still limping......

neckbrace

« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2010, 03:17 PM »
I'll be riding my '81 SE Basher at MK10. I'll be the one who's coaster comes on over every jump  :D.
It's small, horrid to ride and I may have to tape the welds as they are baaaad. Looking forward to it though  :idiot2:.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  mk 10 old school race

gfxgfx
gfx gfx