gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 05:03 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  South Region Summer Series Round 1 at Dagenham
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: South Region Summer Series Round 1 at Dagenham  (Read 3327 times)

Cazbo

South Region Summer Series Round 1 at Dagenham
« on: February 02, 2010, 10:14 AM »
South Region Summer Series Round 1, Sunday 7th February 2010

EVENT INFO

Race Fee: Expert £10.00 - Novice £5

RAFFLE - tickets are £5 with prizes including £100 GROOVE RACING VOUCHER, A 2010 FLY RACE KIT plus runner up prizes. 

Car Parking/Programme £2 - Free if you purchase a raffle ticket

DE PHOTOGRAPHY - We are pleased to announce that DE Photography have been appointed as the Professional Sports Photographers for this event.
When entering for the event the participant and their parents acknowledges this fact, which may result in the recording of his / her image.
Action photos from this event will be available for purchase throughout the day and take less than 1 minute to print! - Look out for the DE Photo display area for full details.   
Would make a great Mothers Day Gift

Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday

:) :) The BADBMX Committee  :) :)

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:18 AM by Cazbo »

part time

Re: South Region Summer Series Round 1 at Dagenham
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 11:28 AM »
A summer series staring in February?  I love this level of optimism  :2funny:

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 09:09 PM »
it'll be like summer when you feel the heat of the action  :2gunsfiring_v1:

medved

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 01:36 PM »
i shall blame the cold on my lack of movement and ineviatble seize up on the 3rd straight

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 03:15 PM »
You can pre reg to save on queuing time - details here:  http://www.bmxtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27128

se

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 08:15 PM »
Still injured after a stack a few weeks ago. Might make it along to watch for a bit with any luck.

moomin

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 09:37 PM »
Great Old School turnout, should put a smile on some faces though  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 10:02 PM »
Great Old School turnout, should put a smile on some faces though  :LolLolLolLol:

I'm detecting a small touch of sarcasm in that post Mrs Ratty.  ;) 40+ Vets is the way to go on 20".  And how many were there in that class today I wonder??  ::) Humps

oldmankev

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 11:12 AM »
there were 8 signed up Alan myself included had a great 1st outing
on the kiddies bike they put us in with masters!!!!

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 07:25 PM »
Only 1 old schooler, Ratty.  There is now a 40+ 20 inch class

dialledbikes

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 10:04 PM »
Glen, Ratty was the only person who registered to race in old school, so they stuck him in with Masters and 40+ 20".  I reckon this will be the last season the South Region have an old school class as the turnout doesn't make it worth the region committee running it.  Fair play to Ratty for trying to keep it alive.

By the way, have you finished with my Head First video yet?

moomin

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 06:04 AM »
Glen, Ratty was the only person who registered to race in old school, so they stuck him in with Masters and 40+ 20".  I reckon this will be the last season the South Region have an old school class as the turnout doesn't make it worth the region committee running it.  Fair play to Ratty for trying to keep it alive.

By the way, have you finished with my Head First video yet?

You're spot on Mike,  a lot of people us included pushed for an Old School class but no one except Tone registered at Daggers, we did post in the OSS section warning if it's not supported it wont be run next year so i really hope people dont grinch when that decision comes to remove Old School all together in the South  :(

kdubbmx

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 09:32 PM »
I for one am gutted the OS has dug its own grave by staying at home, i think the way to go now is to concentrate on 'stand alone' OS race days, maybe the average OS rider/racer doesnt want to share track time with new school and maybe they will turn out in numbers for an OS only race series??

Only one way to find out.   :daumenhoch:

moomin

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 09:46 PM »
I for one am gutted the OS has dug its own grave by staying at home, i think the way to go now is to concentrate on 'stand alone' OS race days, maybe the average OS rider/racer doesnt want to share track time with new school and maybe they will turn out in numbers for an OS only race series??

Only one way to find out.   :daumenhoch:

Keith,

It's not being supported, apart from the odd newbie coming in most peeps have moved up to cruiser, i think in all honesty that for next year we should take what is coming and let the O/S go in the South, sad but a consequence of the last 18 months  :(

moomin

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 09:56 PM »
Wouldnt it make sense to not drop it but to just let them race when/if they do turn up?  It doesnt have to be cancelled all together.  If they dont turn up it makes no difference anyway.

The Old School was introduced as a recognised class for the 1st time in 2008/2009, it was fairly well supported, until late last year.........

The Region have agreed to including the class so long as it is reasonably supported, 1 rider doesn't constitute that unfortunately and if the class is not supported there will be no O/S in the South.  The Region are not required to run it under BCF regs and why should they after trying again and getting shafted horizontally ?????

moomin

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 10:07 PM »
All im saying is, if no one turns up there is nothing to do or any extra work, yet its still active and running if anyone does turn up. 

I see what you're saying Glen, but no-one is bothering...................................

The bottom line has been made clear which is that it's not a class regions are ordered to run by BCF and in the South if it's not supported this year it wont be included again, end of, u know i love the O/S and we support the class but if it is not supported more then it wont happen anymore  :(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  South Region Summer Series Round 1 at Dagenham

gfxgfx
gfx gfx