gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 15, 2024, 04:08 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Tyres
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tyres  (Read 2971 times)

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Tyres
« on: March 25, 2010, 09:09 AM »
I want to change the tyres on my rider for this summer... i have a Trickstar with a mix of old, mid and new parts.  It has Peregrine Pro's with the Peregrine HP tyres but i want to try some new bigger ones ... 2.1's maybe.
Now i know nowt about new stuff TBH so what do you guys suggest i try?  Will be flatland riding mostly.
Cheers  :daumenhoch:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
Re: Tyres
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 09:11 AM »
Get a couple of 2.1" FIT FAF's (the normal wire bead, not the expensive folding ones - waste of money)

They pump up past 100psi and don't go beyond their specified width. Nice tread pattern, grippy and puncture resistant. Our best selling tyre by a country mile.

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 09:17 AM »
 :shocked: thought you had ALL the tyres  :LolLolLolLol: what about some of those odyssey path ones terry. new school with the olde looks

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 09:19 AM »
:shocked: thought you had ALL the tyres  :LolLolLolLol: what about some of those odyssey path ones terry. new school with the olde looks

Yeah i had those in mind, with the tan wall. ... just wanted to see whats out there and what's recommended as i know fook all about em!
Hey Stodgy .. are those ok mounted on my os 1.75 rims?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:35 AM by wildon »

oldschool rider

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 10:06 AM »

They'll be fine on your rims mate, I would go for Odyssey's aswell due to tan wall on them ! But to be honest don't know about fattys for flatland I run Khe kevlars the 1.9 and they look like an old 1.75 and are great for flat.

Steve :daumenhoch:

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 10:09 AM »
They'll be fine on your rims mate, I would go for Odyssey's aswell due to tan wall on them ! But to be honest don't know about fattys for flatland I run Khe kevlars the 1.9 and they look like an old 1.75 and are great for flat.

Cheers Steve .. and i will sort those pics out for you mate .. asap  :daumenhoch:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 10:28 AM »
Fit FAF's are coming out with Tan Walls in May...yum yum...

:daumenhoch:

Scroll down on this link:

http://www.4downdistribution.com/acatalog/fitfafreg.html

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 11:05 AM »
Odyssey Frequency G's are a great tyre for flat & work well all round, no 2.1 though which is a bit big for flat anyway.
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

oldschool rider

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 11:14 AM »
Fit FAF's are coming out with Tan Walls in May...yum yum...

:daumenhoch:

Scroll down on this link:

http://www.4downdistribution.com/acatalog/fitfafreg.html

I take it the amberwall are wire bead dave ? do you know if there gonna do a kevlar foldable version with amberwall....

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 11:19 AM »
I take it the amberwall are wire bead dave ? do you know if there gonna do a kevlar foldable version with amberwall....

What about these Steve   http://www.evanscycles.com/products/odyssey/aitken-folding-tyre-tan-wall-ec021298

oldschool rider

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 11:26 AM »

Yeah I've seen them Terry, I'll maybe consider when I need to replace the Khe's, but to be honest I really like these tyres they roll fast as Fook Just wish they had an amberwall......

Need to get my pennies saved again I'm skint after finishing the bike, but it was worth it.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Tyres

gfxgfx
gfx gfx