gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 07, 2024, 07:56 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Bit of a swap around
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bit of a swap around  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Bit of a swap around
« on: May 08, 2011, 09:55 PM »
Built a Dirtbike a couple of weeks ago ever since building it my son has pestered me for my old LTF frame so....

That meant his ATF was going spare.... not anymore...

Covered in lacquer peel/rust...  >:D

And the F has gone awol.... S&M AT...  :D

Anyone want a Dirtbike?...  ???
2 minutes turkish...

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Bit of a swap around
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 10:19 PM »

There ya go Glen, only rode it twice...  :-[

He'll probably kill the LTF in no time, so the Dirtbike is back in its box for now
2 minutes turkish...

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 11:38 PM »
Bloody ell Mark  :shocked:

That L.A.F will last 5 mins with old (or young) Crank Snapper Liam  >:D

:daumenhoch:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 12:47 PM »
What brake are You running on the back of the ATF & is it a nice fit on the mounts or does it flop about? I've tried 4 different brakes on mine & they're all loose on the mounts.
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 09:55 PM »
What brake are You running on the back of the ATF & is it a nice fit on the mounts or does it flop about? I've tried 4 different brakes on mine & they're all loose on the mounts.

Got a fly brake on it dude, know what you mean about the mounts, bit poor design imo...  :-\

The brake arms do have a little bit of wobble, i'll let you know how it goes when i've been the park... tomorrow hopefully...  :daumenhoch:
2 minutes turkish...

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 10:04 PM »
Was that LTF frame the one you rode in blackpool? If so  :smitten: so much better looking in the flesh

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 10:24 PM »
Was that LTF frame the one you rode in blackpool? If so  :smitten: so much better looking in the flesh

Yeah thats the one, the poor lighting in that place flatters it though, trust me its a right mess in proper daylight!

Still dubious about Liam using it, i've had it 2 years it's got sentimental value.... sad i know...  ;D

2 minutes turkish...

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 11:14 PM »

Got a fly brake on it dude, know what you mean about the mounts, bit poor design imo...  :-\

The brake arms do have a little bit of wobble, i'll let you know how it goes when i've been the park... tomorrow hopefully...  :daumenhoch:

It's got to be the worst design of a removable mount I've come across! I've had problems with the bolts coming loose as well, got some stainless countersunk bolts coming so I can try an odyssey evo 2 on there, and some red loctite...

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 11:46 PM »

It's got to be the worst design of a removable mount I've come across! I've had problems with the bolts coming loose as well, got some stainless countersunk bolts coming so I can try an odyssey evo 2 on there, and some red loctite...

My son had an oddy evo 2 on it for a couple of sessions, he complained about it coming loose... after i'd drilled/tapped it for gyro tabs!

Deffo needs countersunk bolts, you'd think they'd at least supply some washers that would do the job

With wobbly arms you can bet i've got the noisiest brake in the park...  ;D

2 minutes turkish...

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 09:11 AM »
I've never had any luck with brakemounts on S&M's! welded on the pish on Dirtbikes, wobbly & in the wrong place on My Blackbike V2 & now this  :LolLolLolLol:
Still love 'em though  :4_17_5:

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 11:40 PM »
Rode it tonight and the brake works fine despite being a bit wobbly and hasn't come loose yet....  :daumenhoch:

Honks like a pack of demented geese though...  :D

2 minutes turkish...

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 08:55 PM »
Mark, plumbers tape on the brake lugs before sliding the arms on will sort out that squeak!
steve

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 09:15 PM »
all brakes on s&m frames seem to wobble on the mounts, my laf, blackbike and 1st yellow dirtbike did this

i think this is why my last dirtbike cracked on the seatstay brake mounts, too many rocket tyre tap barspins, landing on the back wheel with your feet on the pegs pushes the brake arms outwards pulling the mount away from the frame where as chainstay mounts would make the brake arms push down onto the mounts

just waitng for mine to crack again (i cant stop doing rocket tyre tap barspins lol)

next frame will have chainstay mounts :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Mark, plumbers tape on the brake lugs before sliding the arms on will sort out that squeak!
steve

Cool idea, i'll give that a try...  :daumenhoch:

2 minutes turkish...

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 09:24 PM »
just waitng for mine to crack again (i cant stop doing rocket tyre tap barspins lol)

Just normal tyre taps for me...  :D

It does have me thinking how strong can these removable brake mounts be, they can't be as strong as welded on mounts

I've a mate that's broke welded mounts on 2 LTF frames landing whip airs with the brake on
2 minutes turkish...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Bit of a swap around

gfxgfx
gfx gfx