gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 12:52 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  opinions needed
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: opinions needed  (Read 3524 times)

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
opinions needed
« on: June 04, 2011, 10:25 PM »
thinking of getting a n/s bike and was looking at a united L40 frame and forks, any opinions?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: opinions needed
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 11:42 PM »
United stuff is popular.  Watch out for removable brake lugs as they can misbehave sometimes.

There's loads of decent f&f sets out there these days.  How about deciding on a company you'd like to support and see if there's a setup that suits you from them?

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 12:21 AM »
trouble is rob i know nothing about n/s stuff thats why i'm asking mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 12:23 AM »
trouble is rob i know nothing about n/s stuff thats why i'm asking mate  :daumenhoch:

the dark side is calling you it is...
stay away from the dark side andykin  :D

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 12:28 AM »

the dark side is calling you it is...
stay away from the dark side andykin  :D
still faithful to o/s for racing mate but want something to trail/park ride aswell  :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 12:46 AM »
Well, that L40 is a step in the right direction as it has a 74.5degree head angle. Chances are it'll suit you better than the 75 degree frames.  Also, check the BB heights. Modern bikes are getting higher and higher there and they can feel weird to ride.

If you don't want to buy brand new, I have a mate with a few different frames - he might be able to sort you summat out cheap.

dan-dare

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 12:50 AM »
Well, that L40 is a step in the right direction as it has a 74.5degree head angle. Chances are it'll suit you better than the 75 degree frames.  Also, check the BB heights. Modern bikes are getting higher and higher there and they can feel weird to ride.

If you don't want to buy brand new, I have a mate with a few different frames - he might be able to sort you summat out cheap.

Back to burners.

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 12:53 AM »

i'll give you a call during the week mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 12:54 AM »

Back to burners.

:2funny:

dan-dare

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 01:09 AM »

Back to burners.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 08:00 AM »
got a proper proclaimer frame in the for sale section......21.5 tt light and strong as fook!  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 08:04 AM by pickle »

Offline BUBBS

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 10:42 AM »
Give Dave a ring at the RADBMX Shop he can give you some great advice about frames and what availible out there, theres alot to take in with new school frames top tube length, head angles, bottom braacket height etc etc, give him a ring

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 08:55 AM »
There's a reason why they all look the same...... grrr......  ;)

Anyhoo, yeah, it's true they feel quite different. Although they're light on the scales, they seem impossible to lift the front end, twice as hard to hop, allsorts. But it's all easily adapted to with a little time and the benefits are worth the few sketchy rides getting used to it.  For you Andy, assuming you still like to jump, they fly so much flatter and nicer, you'll love it.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 05:35 PM »
I've just spoken to a mate of mine, he has a Standard 125R frame and fork that would suit you perfectly. If you don't know Standard Bykes, pop into the midschool section and ask the question.

This one comes with a few bits and bobs, a brake, seatpost, summat else I can't remember.  Nice and light as strictly speaking it's a race bike, but it's plenty strong enough for you to do whatever you like with.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll put you in touch with my mate.

motomagII

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 07:41 PM »
standard will be very nice .bloody hard to find second hand too .
i just got we the people which is probably my fifth or so new school ride and man they just get better every time i chn=ange light easy to move about and manuels without trying barely .not sure what it will be l;ike on the odd track run but gonna try it tomorrow at bradders
weighs 24lbs too which to me is race bike weight my last park bike was 30lbs and before that 33lbs on haro s351

mattuknc

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 02:27 PM »
I've recently put together a Subrosa Pandora dtt (double top tube) with some pretty nice stuff on it. It does ride really well, but I actually prefer riding a 'second rate' Hoffman! I think the extra weight on the Hoffman just makes it feel a little stronger under pedal if you know what I mean. It's slightly shorter too.
Some good deals to be had on slightly older frames at Winstanleys if you're not bothered about the latest and greatest.

motomagII

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 06:29 PM »
i took my we the people to the track on thursday instead of my rasce bike just to have play on it and i loved it .light responsive easy manuel easy jumping .well impressed to be honest ,
all i have done from original spec is changes tyres top dth rear and moe joe light front .it weight 23lbs and is mint

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 06:38 PM »
i took my we the people to the track on thursday instead of my rasce bike just to have play on it and i loved it .light responsive easy manuel easy jumping .well impressed to be honest ,
all i have done from original spec is changes tyres top dth rear and moe joe light front .it weight 23lbs and is mint

My KHE goes round the track a treat and thats supposed to be a park/street bike, I weighed the bugger last weekend and it came in just shy of 9.75kgs about 21.5lbs.  I was shocked

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  opinions needed

gfxgfx
gfx gfx