gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 15, 2024, 01:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Tarmac'd tracks - are there any in the country?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tarmac'd tracks - are there any in the country?  (Read 4194 times)

Bushwacked

Tarmac'd tracks - are there any in the country?
« on: June 20, 2011, 07:37 PM »
Are there any tracks in the country where the whole thing is tarmac'd? I've seen berms which are tarmac but not the whole thing.

If it was done is it a good thing?

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Tarmac'd tracks - are there any in the country?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 07:38 PM »
Ive never seen one, but i imagine it would be fast as fook, and would hurt like hell when you fell, at least the gravelly stuff has a bit of give in it

Bushwacked

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 07:46 PM »
There are rumours of one being built round my way (Gloucester) and I'm thinking is might not be a good idea as most are built with the "2mm to dust" topping otherwise more would be tarmac. I don't know enough about it to make a call on it. If Tarmac is just as good but less maintenance then ain't no issue, if there is then I'll be making sure the powers know what's what

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 07:55 PM »
OO In Gloucester. Im only in Hereford and Ive not got a whiff of one being built so close. Ours was only finished last year by clark and kent, its a superb track, and if you ever pop over this way let me know i'll meet you for a ride fella and a pint.

Tarmac will only be any good if its laid properly, I have to say I go down once every two months with the committee and other volunteers and fill the holes in on the edges, its certainly not maintenance free

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 08:17 PM »
I think the track at Cheddar is mostly/all tarmac from what I've seen. I'll be throwing myself down it like a loon in September at the Brits :10_2_12:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 09:28 PM »
for real BMX every track should have at least one dirt berm, tarmac just isnt the same IMO, i know its a maintenance/cost thing but tyres biting dirt n roosters off the back wheel are what puts the motor cross in BMX. Tarmac's for puffs  :LolLolLolLol:

dan-dare

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 09:30 PM »
Lightwater valley may still have their tarmac bmx track. :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 09:39 PM »
I think the track at Cheddar is mostly/all tarmac from what I've seen. I'll be throwing myself down it like a loon in September at the Brits :10_2_12:

FFS Jon ,, wait till you've got to the end of that first straight and hit the first berm   :shocked:

, it's mentally fast ,and insane on an ol' skool bike with a pitbull or caliper .  :crazy2:  :D

The Elite were doing something like 40+ mph into it  :idiot2:

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 09:47 PM »
Lightwater valley may still have their tarmac bmx track. :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Nope. I was there last Thursday and it's gone. So has the Fort and the Hell Slide.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 10:07 PM »

Nope. I was there last Thursday and it's gone. So has the Fort and the Hell Slide.

still full of cripples tho

:2funny:  :-*

bof

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 10:55 PM »

Cheddar only has tarmac berms John , its just the surface is black and looks like tar in vids and pictures . There is a track n italy that is fully tarmac , iw ill try and find a link  :daumenhoch:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 11:10 PM »
Which was the track with berms like block paving , now that was weird  :)

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 11:23 PM »

Macclesfield pump track...  :daumenhoch:
2 minutes turkish...

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 10:56 AM »

FFS Jon ,, wait till you've got to the end of that first straight and hit the first berm   :shocked:

, it's mentally fast ,and insane on an ol' skool bike with a pitbull or caliper .  :crazy2:  :D

The Elite were doing something like 40+ mph into it  :idiot2:

Thanks for, erm, 'reassuring' me Dubster :shocked: :2funny:

Cheddar only has tarmac berms John , its just the surface is black and looks like tar in vids and pictures . There is a track n italy that is fully tarmac , iw ill try and find a link  :daumenhoch:

Aye, I was only going from the vids and pics I've seen :daumenhoch:  Even on a NS bike, I'll be repping the Old Skool with my own brand of fat-knacker sketchiness >:D

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 05:22 PM »

There is a very nice track in Ghent, Belgium with block paving berms. It's named after Eddy Merx.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 05:46 PM »
Fully tarmac'd????

What happened to the moto cross in BMX? Its all b#llox, dirt tracks are what makes it fun, clips and tarmac are whats killing this sport :knuppel2:
What next? Lycra race kits? Oh I forgot we already have them!! :(
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 07:25 PM »
Fully tarmac'd????

What happened to the moto cross in BMX? Its all b#llox, dirt tracks are what makes it fun, clips and tarmac are whats killing this sport :knuppel2:

You can't beat a nice dirty track  :daumenhoch: There seems to be more MX in 4X than modern BMX.

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 10:23 PM »
Fully tarmac'd????

You can't beat a nice dirty track  :daumenhoch: There seems to be more MX in 4X than modern BMX.

Well said  :-\  :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 02:30 PM »
Fully tarmac'd????

Well said  :-\  :daumenhoch:

aaaaa-hem!

for real BMX every track should have at least one dirt berm, tarmac just isnt the same IMO, i know its a maintenance/cost thing but tyres biting dirt n roosters off the back wheel are what puts the motor cross in BMX. Tarmac's for puffs  :LolLolLolLol:

::)  :daumenhoch:  :LolLolLolLol:

MOORO

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 12:00 PM »
I Totally love a dirt berm and all the fun they provide BUT having spent large amounts of time trying to maintain them at our track (dirt, topping wartering and dragging/pulling and heaving a whacker plate up a 12 foot near verticle in parts berm) I can assure you its back braking and numbers of people who volunteer to assist with maintanance are sadly minimal 4-5 on  a good day despite the fact that the track regularly has ofver 40 riders on it at a weekend, so I now fully appreciate are tarmac'd berms.

I dont agree with all the latest advancements but would argue that the sport is far from being killed over a 10% increase in racing participation year on year since 2003 and this year the south has seen regional with rider counts in excess of that in the 80's

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 04:13 PM »
i fully appreciate its a maintenance issue, its just a shame thats all

our council, as far as i'm aware, has not put any monies into our track at h/pool, they could at least provide peeps on community service to drag a whacker up n down berms this would solve maintenance problems and would be an ideal deterrant.

VOTE DONOR FOR MAYOR!  :angrysoapbox:  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 05:42 PM »
i fully appreciate its a maintenance issue, its just a shame thats all

our council, as far as i'm aware, has not put any monies into our track at h/pool, they could at least provide peeps on community service to drag a whacker up n down berms this would solve maintenance problems and would be an ideal deterrant.

VOTE DONOR FOR MAYOR!   :angrysoapbox:  :LolLolLolLol:

From one Monkey to another ;D
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 07:13 PM »
crossed my mind when i was typing it :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Tarmac'd tracks - are there any in the country?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx