gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975555 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 11, 2024, 07:51 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Haro, skateboards!?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro, skateboards!?  (Read 12908 times)

lk_97

Haro, skateboards!?
« on: December 13, 2011, 04:43 PM »
http://www.harobmxcollector.com/gallery/adverts/page/9/#

If these are real, how rare would these be? I want one!

P.s, 1000th post, woo!

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: Haro, skateboards!?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 04:48 PM »
 :) Yep,Haro did indeed jump on the bandwagon :daumenhoch:

Offline Munnyella

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 04:57 PM »
They made a few boards in the Mid 80's, my mate had a complete I think, not like that one though, seem to remember it more white and blue.

I bet they are like hens teeth, it was all about Powell/G&S/Santa Cruz when I started skating, Haro were `so old fashioned'!!
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

lk_97

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 05:06 PM »
Hutch also made one, and CW, would like to see a hutch one. And yeah I doubt they sold well to be honest.

deeman

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 07:29 PM »
shite,don't remember those!SANTA CRUZ,POWELL and VISION ruled! :daumenhoch:

lk_97

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 07:53 PM »

Any 80's skateboard is cool, just one would be good enough, unlike with bikes, you need more than one bike! ;)

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 07:55 PM »
the cw one was titled , time released insanity' or something like that

Always wanted one myself

deeman

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 07:58 PM »

Any 80's skateboard is cool, just one would be good enough, unlike with bikes, you need more than one bike! ;)

Lucas,there are plenty of repops of the 80's santa cruz,vision and powell.you have to redrill them for the old trucks but it doesnt show when built.The 2 boards I had the VISION GATOR 2 and the SANTA CRUZ roskopp street are available as repops,I might treat myself when i,ve finished building bikes!!I'll see if i can dig out a pic or 2 :daumenhoch:

lk_97

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 08:14 PM »

Lucas,there are plenty of repops of the 80's santa cruz,vision and powell.you have to redrill them for the old trucks but it doesnt show when built.The 2 boards I had the VISION GATOR 2 and the SANTA CRUZ roskopp street are available as repops,I might treat myself when i,ve finished building bikes!!I'll see if i can dig out a pic or 2 :daumenhoch:

Sweet! Thanks, not sure I'd want a gator one after what he did though... :-\

theRuler

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 12:47 AM »
the cw one was titled , time released insanity' or something like that

Yes, Time Released Insanity!  I remember them.

They made a few boards in the Mid 80's, my mate had a complete I think, not like that one though, seem to remember it more white and blue.

Their first 'board was called the Circuit Board.  Although I seem to remember that at the time there was another skateboard called a circuit board.

deeman

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 01:01 AM »

Agreed!after i watched the film stoked! i just thought he was a cock-a- doodle do! :daumenhoch:

rad_pitt

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 01:22 AM »
The idea of skateboarding was lost on the BMX companies  :idiot2:

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 01:38 AM »
Skated since '86 and worked in a skate shop - the room of bmx stuff was just sitting there as skating got bigger and bmx was pushed to the side in order of the new skate board craze was blowing up

I just picked up Stoked on DVD in a charity shop the other day for £1

I must of had about 60 boards + over the years

there was a Haro circuit board on the wall for a long time, next to a Hosoi (biscut cut shape) Alva - all of the old flat board with no noses and wheel wells - they the fish tails came in Natas - Gator - McGill and so on

saw it all change in time at the shop - from flat boards - fish tails - long nose - round nose - double tail (i had one of the first vision double tails around when every one thought they were Kooky and never gonna last  ;D)

the amount of boards that came and went in my hands at that shop - now i look back and wish i could have got one of each - even the repops are fetching big cash and collector highs
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 06:34 AM »

like to see me get in them trousers now  :)

« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 06:39 AM by ED209º »
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

lk_97

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 06:51 AM »
They yours ed? :)

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 08:03 AM »
Skated since '86 and worked in a skate shop - the room of bmx stuff was just sitting there as skating got bigger and bmx was pushed to the side in order of the new skate board craze was blowing up

I just picked up Stoked on DVD in a charity shop the other day for £1

I must of had about 60 boards + over the years

there was a Haro circuit board on the wall for a long time, next to a Hosoi (biscut cut shape) Alva - all of the old flat board with no noses and wheel wells - they the fish tails came in Natas - Gator - McGill and so on

saw it all change in time at the shop - from flat boards - fish tails - long nose - round nose - double tail (i had one of the first vision double tails around when every one thought they were Kooky and never gonna last  ;D)

the amount of boards that came and went in my hands at that shop - now i look back and wish i could have got one of each - even the repops are fetching big cash and collector highs

too true we moan about bmx prices check out original skateboard prices :shocked:
no1stuntmaster on instagram

hooga1975

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 12:10 PM »

My mate had that board.  The vison "Double Vison", it was a cool board, but totally different from what else was around at the time.  I think I had a Santa Cruz Jeff Kendal at the same time.

Stunt Master is bang on about the price of old skateboards.  I had a look on ebay to see what my old H Street Matt Hensley was worth and one sold for $450 and it was fooked :shocked:

I will dig it out from the old mans garage when I go down and see the old folks at xmas.  My Death Box Pete Dossett should be in there somewhere as well.

ukoldschool

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 02:02 PM »
Haro made the circuit board and another fish tailed deck called the Haro Dots. Both were shit and youd have got your face punched in if you turned up at Rom with one :)

skateboard collecting is for weirdo's

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 03:02 PM »
skateboard collecting is for weirdo's

Yup

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 03:24 PM »
These were driven by Jim Ford who came from Kryptonics and was a big innovator in th skate board world. Jim formulated the first dual compound wheels that were adopted by almost every brand at the time. He joined Haro as general Manager in the early 1980's.

ukoldschool

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 04:02 PM »

yeah!  :knuppel2:

lk_97

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 04:57 PM »
I don't get why anyone would even buy those skateboards now :2gunsfiring_v1:

hooga1975

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 04:58 PM »
Ukoldschool are they your decks then?  If so are they nos or reissues?

lk_97

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 05:01 PM »
Both were shit and youd have got your face punched in if you turned up at Rom with one :)

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

ukoldschool

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 05:06 PM »
I don't get why anyone would even buy those skateboards now :2gunsfiring_v1:

yeah! f uck the fact that they are iconic slices of the time, and amongst the best art!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Haro, skateboards!?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx