gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 07, 2024, 05:02 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Bugger feck ass and piss - have a look and help please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bugger feck ass and piss - have a look and help please  (Read 5950 times)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Bugger feck ass and piss - have a look and help please
« on: February 06, 2012, 02:58 PM »
Well i got the Stereo today and love the colour

started putting it together and started to adjust bars straight and line up with tire and do bolt up

???  top hat bolt is just going round and round ? so i take the bolt and look to see why

the bolt has the inside of the fork head bit (don't know what there called) and can see that the star washer has popped the part out that is on the bolt and now has a crack in it ? wtf

so what's the score with this - FOOKED or repairable ?

if i was a little 5 yr old i would be crying now  :'(

the chain looks a bit loose and don't know if it need a link out - and brake needs dialing in

grips have a funny smell like fox shite - will be having a word with Jim about this  :knuppel2:  ;D unless he didn't know

so please let me hear what you think about the forks ?

holding back the tears ~ B

The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Re: Bugger feck ass and piss - have a look and help please
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 03:01 PM »
Just hammer out the star-fangled washer from under the forks using a metal rod/ wooden spoon handle, pop down your LBS and grab a new SF washer for a quid :)
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

thecrooch

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 03:02 PM »
Mate its a simple repair... use a screw driver and prize the rest of the star fangled bolt out.  go buy a new one... (or i have a spare if you want i can send on....)

easy enough to fit if you have the right tool - take the forks along to your LBS and they can do it for you in under a minute...

DONT PANIC - it aint fooked!

Si

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 03:03 PM »
as said above  :daumenhoch:   or if you don't want to get it out, just hammer it further down  :daumenhoch:

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 03:18 PM »
it's taken me a couple of minutes to read this as it's been hard through the tears  :'(

but oh joy ! it ain't broke that much that can't be em fix  ;D

cheers all  ;)

will nip to the LSB - Even's in Guildford should be alright  ???
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 03:33 PM »
will nip to the LSB - Even's in Guildford should be alright  ???

Yup, nothing too bad, just need a new star nut  :daumenhoch:

When you put a new one in, make sure it sits nice and straight in the fork, if its off it won't sit nice and snug when you tighten it all up together.

This time just tighten the stem on the forks to just above finger tight... then tighten the top down until there's no play, but not too tight (its only there to help, dosen't have to be gorilla tight  ;D)... then tighten the stem up... so that its all snug together  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:35 PM by diesel »

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 03:43 PM »
too use to OS

it was rocking a little bit, so i took it all apart again and re~did it up - i guess that is what did it  ::)

so while i have your attention guys

chain bit slack - back wheel drop a bit more forward and can i take one link out  ? - won't go back any futher as it would be unsafe  ???

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 05:44 PM »
easier to get out than in-like above these must go in straight -i think you can get a special tool to help them go in properly but also like above probably just as easy to take to local bike shop  :daumenhoch:

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 05:58 PM »
The chain looks like a half link bendy so just take a link out. As said by everyone just fish out the old star nut. There are several ways to do this. either tap it down and leave it then fit another on top. Or use a junior hacksaw blade and a drill to cut/drill through a couple of the fins. They are made to only go in the forks one way which is down. So if you want it our this is the best option. Should be pretty easy. Only 10 minutes work for a builder of your stature!  :daumenhoch:

Take it to a bike shop. My arse. Full of spotty kids that know fook all about real bikes!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 06:01 PM »
And why you are at the bike shop getting the new top hat bolt and star washer but some odi longnecks and cut off those old smelly grips!  :daumenhoch:  or buy some off here. I'm sure I saw some.

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 08:10 PM »
took less than two minutes to take out and put in  :daumenhoch:

but it wasn't me doing it  ;D  went to Evan's in Guildford - and as there a new shop they have some staff there the know how to work a bike - the guy had the right tall to just put the star in and bang down - job done

do find some of there staff a bit off'ish if you not asking about MTB's

used the same top hat and bolt - in all saved me messing about and next time i will know what not to do and how to solve it

as for grips stu - think it was bird's muck - maybe when taken apart, although Jim say he don't know nowt  :knuppel2: ;D

but grips i have two sets -

Macneil traveler grips ~ black - flat face with light chequer pattern - grippy but thinner

WTP - Mike brennan All day grips ~ blue/purple - flat with NJ cross inprint - grippy and slight thicker than above

the original Stereo Jack plug grips - show signs of wear but have a grippy softer feel - i like them and they don't smell know after a wash

so which to go for ? - the macneils look good - the stereo are soft but might want to try some thing else - WTP look different in there colour

just found a pic

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 08:17 PM »
I'd give them wtp grips a whirl mate. Are you leaving the seat slammed?  I couldn't leave it like that if it was me.  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 08:27 PM »
Been running those WTP grips for a while now, Fooking love em!!  :daumenhoch:

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 09:09 PM »
Rob how are they on the hands ? the macneils feel thin and not slipped a WTP on yet - how do they wear - had some old grips that just started to get sticky !

stu - plastic seat is going and i have a Federal seat waiting - will be getting a post and bringing it up a bit - 110 - 135 - not to worried about sitting much

griff

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 09:19 PM »
I know pivotal seats are supposed to be lighter etc but I really don't like the look of em
that little opening spoils the look of em I reckon - would much prefer a completely plain black saddle even if it meant not being able to adjust it

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 09:47 PM »
i've got used to the looks now - and this is one that i like the look and the feel, better than a plastic one

griff

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 09:57 PM »
can you get any without the hole in the middle though?

keep looking but haven't found one yet - might end up putting a railed saddle on mine

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 09:58 PM »
I know pivotal seats are supposed to be lighter etc but I really don't like the look of em
that little opening spoils the look of em I reckon - would much prefer a completely plain black saddle even if it meant not being able to adjust it
Griff, Have a look at the Shadow seats, no pivotal just seat and post as one. I've got one, Wish I had gone for the Mid rather than the slim version as it has more padding :)

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 09:59 PM »
They have to have the hole you numpty. That's where the bolt goes to hold it to the pivotal post!  :LolLolLolLol:
The other choice is a railed seat. But they are starting to get a bit rare now.  :)

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 10:01 PM »
no - the pivotal system work with a bolt screwing down through the seat in the seat post - locking onto the post and clamped onto the teeth - you under and ajust through the top - hence the hole

rails are the other way so you don't have a hole

or a all in one - seat and post toghter

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:

griff

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 11:52 PM »
gary knew what I was on about even if I didn't explain it properly  :daumenhoch:

Kipper72

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 06:37 PM »
Nice little bike you got there and anyway I'm sure you'll gett this sorted out don't stress. :rant:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Bugger feck ass and piss - have a look and help please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx