gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975560 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 13, 2024, 04:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  '87-'91 GT performers?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: '87-'91 GT performers?  (Read 9509 times)

doctor-46

'87-'91 GT performers?
« on: March 15, 2012, 10:06 AM »
where are they all? I appreciate probably not that many were sold in the UK, but never see any come up on ebay.
I quite fancy one, but I'm guessing they will not be cheap due to relative rarity?

Haro Fan

Re: '87-'91 GT performers?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 05:04 PM »
They are out there but they ain't cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gt-Pro-freestyle-Tour-1988-TEAM-MODEL-/190652855384?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c63cbb458#ht_500wt_1203

I bought a 1990 Performer for a good price a while back. It is a Taiwan-built chromoly-and-HT frame but it will do the job for a rider. If you want an 87 or 88 Pro Freestyle Tour, they will cost you big money. They are beautiful bikes, easily a match for any Haro of the same period but with a price tag to match. Happy hunting.

GF.

doctor-46

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 07:02 PM »
You're right, they ain't cheap!
Just fancied a f+f to do a slow build to ride. They came out a few months after I got my '86 performer and was always a bit gutted I didn't hang on to get one!  :(
Got any pics of yours on here?

80sbmxkid

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 07:03 PM »
were are they all?

GTNUMBER1  has got them all  ;D ;D

Haro Fan

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 08:04 PM »
It's certainly nothing much to look at when compared to some of the absolute gems that the regulars here are able to build. I had planned on re-spraying this and building a bike inspired by Martin Aparijo's black 1987 tour bike. Then I wanted to get it chromed. I couldn't make up my mind so now, I think I will just build it up in a mix of black with some chrome bits and finish it as a survivor/rider. 

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=123091.msg1184955#msg1184955

GF.

doctor-46

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 09:58 PM »
now that's something like what i want!
i'll have to keep my eye out, how much did the f+f  cost you if you don't mind me asking? :)

Haro Fan

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 11:40 PM »
I can't remember the exact figure but I think it was around the $200 mark, so I think the price was OK. I just need a nice set of chrome rims now and I can start putting it together. Hopefully I'll have her ready so I can make a fool of myself on it for the summer.

GF.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 08:55 PM by The Green Freestyler »

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 10:31 AM »
The only reason that 88 pro freestyle tour is that money is coz its got the power series cranks. These are quite a few around at fairly reasonable prices on the museum and eBay. If you wanted a mint one you may as well message costa as he is selling part of his collection as he is moving abroad.  :daumenhoch:

80sbmxkid

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 06:18 PM »
The only reason that 88 pro freestyle tour is that money is coz its got the power series cranks. These are quite a few around at fairly reasonable prices on the museum and eBay. If you wanted a mint one you may as well message costa as he is selling part of his collection as he is moving abroad.  :daumenhoch:

think your wrong there mate, 87,88 and 89 pro freestyle frame and forks are going between 400-700 dollars, a 87 pro freestyle team model complete made 4000 bux a month ago guess there too expensive for me  :'(  but AWSOME bikes  8)

lk_97

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 06:25 PM »
Weird though because I remember when they were never worth that much...

80sbmxkid

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 06:48 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: thats when all bmx stuff was cheap in the 90s when we all left school and started driving and stripping women not bikes  :2funny:

lk_97

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 06:58 PM »
:LolLolLolLol: thats when all bmx stuff was cheap in the 90s when we all left school and started driving and stripping women not bikes  :2funny:

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

I meant a few years ago when they were like £150 for a good frame and forks, I was born in the late 90's unfortunately

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 11:19 PM »
1987 pro freestyle tour for sale on bmx museum in the old for sale thread (not beta). User name cancan

It is going for $480. As I said before correctly. You can get these for a reasonable amount of money!!!  ;) :-X

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 12:29 AM »
My old one

and my mate Louis giving it some stick  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Hiro Tonka

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 12:59 PM »
My old one

/>

Ahhh, that one's yours. I loved it so much I did one myself

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/gt_bicycles/47186

Steven

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 06:56 PM »
yeah, that was mine. Its long gone now. Seeing yours makes me want it back. Very nice!

I love all the "they should have made that colour" comments on museum. Mine was a replica of my bike in 87 and it came out the box in that green.

None of them would have it though  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Rickman199

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 10:17 PM »

think your wrong there mate, 87,88 and 89 pro freestyle frame and forks are going between 400-700 dollars, a 87 pro freestyle team model complete made 4000 bux a month ago guess there too expensive for me  :'(  but AWSOME bikes  8)
defo correct  :)

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 11:13 PM »
Who's correct? 

You can get hold of one those for a reasonable price. You just have to look!!
Taking the price of a minty mint show condition one as a guide is stupid!  Of course one in that condition is going to be worth a bit of money. But if your smart you could pick up one that needs restoring for a reasonable price. And you could replace the wrong bits with the right ones as they come up. The hardest thing to get on that bike is the cranks. The other stuff is about. However $4000 is a ridiculous price to pay for a pro freestyle tour. For that price I would expect it to of been Eddie fiolas personal one!

Take a look at costa's collection as they are probably the best collection of gt bmx freestyle bikes in the world. The yanks haven't even got close to his collection. But the thing is he was smart and built them all on a budget!  And just waited for the bits to come up at the right prices.  :daumenhoch:

doctor-46

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 03:38 PM »
My old one

/>

now that is sweet!  :daumenhoch:

lovely neat flip on it too.  ;D

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 07:36 PM »
Who's correct? 

Taking the price of a minty mint show condition one as a guide is stupid!  Of course one in that condition is going to be worth a bit of money. But if your smart you could pick up one that needs restoring for a reasonable price. And you could replace the wrong bits with the right ones as they come up. The hardest thing to get on that bike is the cranks. The other stuff is about. However $4000 is a ridiculous price to pay for a pro freestyle tour. For that price I would expect it to of been Eddie fiolas personal one!

Take a look at costa's collection as they are probably the best collection of gt bmx freestyle bikes in the world. The yanks haven't even got close to his collection. But the thing is he was smart and built them all on a budget!  And just waited for the bits to come up at the right prices.  :daumenhoch:

The cranks are pretty easy to find if you know where to look. They are also fitted on another bike and the they turn up on ebay a few times a year and go for less than £100 for the whole bike.
The seat is the really hard bit to get. Until "selling_all_his_stuff" started moving a few on the US bay you just never saw real 87 GT seats in white.
The odyssey levers are hard to find to.

I am with you though Stu, look around and you can get a complete PFT for less than $500 shipped, it won't be a Team Model but its a start  :LolLolLolLol:

(and no........ no I wont be giving out the "other bike" info before anyone asks)

80sbmxkid

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 03:04 AM »
Who's correct? 

I am with you though Stu, look around and you can get a complete PFT for less than $500 shipped, it won't be a Team Model but its a start  :LolLolLolLol:

then you will need  about a grand for the pedals, dia compe levers, cranks all pending on condition and then what ever else is needed

i spoke to steve costa and when i asked him did he build his GT `s on a budget, he laughed and said "ye my budget was under 1500 quid "  :shocked: :shocked:

lk_97

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 10:44 AM »
What pedals come on them? I have a white lever, from a late 80's performer but it isn't hinged as well, I'll get some pictures up as I don't wanna use them on a rider if they're worth a bit

Offline Finny

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 08:49 PM »
Who's correct?  

Taking the price of a minty mint show condition one as a guide is stupid!  Of course one in that condition is going to be worth a bit of money. But if your smart you could pick up one that needs restoring for a reasonable price. And you could replace the wrong bits with the right ones as they come up. The hardest thing to get on that bike is the cranks. The other stuff is about. However $4000 is a ridiculous price to pay for a pro freestyle tour. For that price I would expect it to of been Eddie fiolas personal one!

Take a look at costa's collection as they are probably the best collection of gt bmx freestyle bikes in the world. The yanks haven't even got close to his collection. But the thing is he was smart and built them all on a budget!  And just waited for the bits to come up at the right prices.  :daumenhoch:

You cannot build a True PFT on a budget costa will second this!!...well a large budget maybe!! and as for the $4k attached a Pic of a GT that cost me more than that to prise it from BMX Addicts!! Things are worth what people are willing to pay and demand of course!! and PFT's  seem to be very scare over here in the UK. I only build Eddie Fiola Rep GT's from 84-86 and all 8 of them have cost over £1500  each :idiot2:

adamski9471

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 07:23 PM »
Who's correct? 

The cranks are pretty easy to find if you know where to look. They are also fitted on another bike and the they turn up on ebay a few times a year and go for less than £100 for the whole bike.
The seat is the really hard bit to get. Until "selling_all_his_stuff" started moving a few on the US bay you just never saw real 87 GT seats in white.
The odyssey levers are hard to find to.

(and no........ no I wont be giving out the "other bike" info before anyone asks)
And what is the other bike that the cranks come on?

adamski9471

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 01:07 AM »
i have one beleived to be a 1987
before

and at the moment

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  '87-'91 GT performers?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx