gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 02:41 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hubs.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hubs.  (Read 610 times)

badbuckle

Hubs.
« on: June 23, 2006, 10:51 AM »
Someone please tell me the difference between small and large flange hubs. I've always liked the look of large flange on the front and small on the back, so weird as it may sound that's what i'm going to do. The quest continues for a Suzue large flange hub.

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Hubs.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 11:03 AM »
any colour preference for the LF front?
u up for doing a bit of work on one or do u want a minty one?

this any use? axle is straight, flanges are straight and most of the marks on the flanges are old oil.

Bp.

badbuckle

Re: Hubs.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 02:25 PM »
Thanks for the offer fella and i'd take it off your hands like a shot but i'm after a hub in red. I actually saw some for sale at Alans but they're not sealed bearing and i'm a bit anal about that. Biaggio's got some large flange, sealed bearing in red but they're Suntour. I don't have anything against Suntour but the stories i've read on here about guys scouring the earth to get that right part has sort of inspired me to try and track down a Suzue.

Do you know the difference in terms of performance between small and large flanges, if any? Were large flanges used more for freestyle?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hubs.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx