gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 15, 2024, 05:01 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Minoura HyperMag Turbo Trainer - any other 20/24" wheel adaptors fit it?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Minoura HyperMag Turbo Trainer - any other 20/24" wheel adaptors fit it?  (Read 2753 times)

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
I have got the use of the club's Turbo Trainer, a Minoura HyperMag Turbo Trainer.
As a family we don't have any MTBs or racers to use with it.
Minoura don't make an adaptor to fit smaller wheels - other manufaturers do, will any of them fit the Minoura?

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
I was going to buy myself a basic turbo trainer and remove the gubbins from it and fabricate a new frame or even modify the existing frame to accomodate 20" wheels. That would be way than buying any of the 20" compatible turbo trainers on the market at the moment.

Matt

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Got my dad to build an extension piece from a piece of box section aluminium [2 inches].
It works well, now fits cruisers and my lad's junior racebike :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
pics Jon please

dingo

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
pics Jon please

dingo

:daumenhoch: the aluminium is exactly 6cm and the turbo trainer now fits the back wheel of a cruiser (24x1.75) and my lad's racebike (20 x 1&3/8) wheels and tyres.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Minoura HyperMag Turbo Trainer - any other 20/24" wheel adaptors fit it?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx