gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975556 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 12, 2024, 05:55 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...  (Read 553161 times)

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
Re: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
« Reply #3725 on: December 23, 2022, 12:12 PM »
I have just made my last bmx related purchase of 2022. Grabbed this for my Minigoose build as soon as I saw it on eBay. Bankrupt Bike Parts had it listed for 24.99, not a bad price I reckon.
Sugino 40T snowflake.
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3726 on: December 24, 2022, 04:23 AM »
I have just made my last bmx related purchase of 2022. Grabbed this for my Minigoose build as soon as I saw it on eBay. Bankrupt Bike Parts had it listed for 24.99, not a bad price I reckon.
Sugino 40T snowflake.

That's a bargain,  worth keeping  a couple in stock at that price.

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3727 on: December 24, 2022, 04:03 PM »
Sugino 40T snowflake.

Yeah, agreed. I have been outbid on a few at around the 40 quid mark, so this was a no brainer. Only one listed but they tend to find more and list them in dribs and drabs.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 04:32 PM by Chilli Rinse »

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3728 on: December 25, 2022, 10:10 AM »
Sugino 40T snowflake.

Yep, I've had some good stuff of them in the past, went to the warehouse to see if I could pop in and have a look, but they said order online only.
Yeah, agreed. I have been outbid on a few at around the 40 quid mark, so this was a no brainer. Only one listed but they tend to find more and list them in dribs and drabs.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3729 on: January 23, 2023, 02:18 PM »
I purchased this Takahashi Panmax saddle last night. It has a few marks but looks clean. It's being shipped from the states so I'll have a bit of a wait until it arrives. Manufactured in Japan so it's perfect for my Apollo which I had sort of forgotten about. I saw a few Fujita and Kashimax saddles but this suited my budget better. It will be an all Japanese equipped bike, eventually.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 02:20 PM by Chilli Rinse »

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3730 on: January 24, 2023, 02:11 PM »
I purchased this Takahashi Panmax saddle last night. It has a few marks but looks clean. It's being shipped from the states so I'll have a bit of a wait until it arrives. Manufactured in Japan so it's perfect for my Apollo which I had sort of forgotten about. I saw a few Fujita and Kashimax saddles but this suited my budget better. It will be an all Japanese equipped bike, eventually.
That will look really nice👍
Steve.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3731 on: January 24, 2023, 06:56 PM »
Cheers Steve, yeah should work a treat along with some black grips. I have a few ideas for another stem too, the Win slant is cool but has a very rusty shaft. Although the frame is pretty rough and the forks have been sprayed over too.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3732 on: January 29, 2023, 11:14 AM »
Late last night I bought a Sugino seat binder and some worn Koga branded Seiko SK-115 grips for the Apollo. The grips were just under 15 quid posted, the amount of wear they have is on par with the rest of the bike. It has had a hard life. The binder was a tad more but is a nicer style than the one fitted.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3733 on: January 30, 2023, 04:31 PM »
Oh f*ck sake go on then !

NOS ditch fork. 1" threadless. It just so happens I have the perfect bike to put them on.....

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3734 on: February 02, 2023, 12:57 PM »
I'll play! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3735 on: February 02, 2023, 01:30 PM »
Not quite today, more like last week but hoping to get them on my 'goose this weekend...

Brian :daumenhoch:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3736 on: February 04, 2023, 12:45 PM »
I've decided to make life easier for myself. Not.

In fact the opposite.

The Schwinn doesn't really need a new or better fork.

The Firecloud one on it is really nice, and I would lose the front brake.

Why upset the apple cart when the bike is complete?

I bought a Kink Empire fork for the STA. However it needs *a lot* of work and is black. I actually really dig the chrome fork it has now, but it's from 2017 so it's new school and as such the chrome finish is poo and wishy-washy as modern chrome is.

So that got me thinking. Nearly everything on that STA is NOS......

And then the idea hit me. Put the Ditch Fork on that.

Problem is the DF is 1". So I bought a NOS Tange Seiki 1" sealed headset and a shim for the stem I'm using. All I need now are some shims for the headset into the frame. Which I can get my mate to machine on his lathe.

Will stick some pics up later. Can't do it on phone.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3737 on: February 05, 2023, 04:30 PM »

And the stem adapter.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3738 on: February 06, 2023, 02:27 PM »
Another NOS part for the STA.

I noticed Alans had a load of them. However, I hate to say it but I really don't like buying from him. He indulges in numerous shady and questionable practices so I looked elsewhere. Didn't have to look far. Got it a fiver cheaper too.

I would have ditched the front brake (no pun intended lol) but I have a pair of NOS Fishbone levers on there so I wanted a front brake on it. Talking of ditching. Just heard back from Del, decals are ordered.

All works for me. I was going to get a BOA and strip it but the 1999 makes the perfect companion  for the Pitbull on the back and was over half the price.

I also need to remove and repair the Pitbull properly. I have a feeling my poor old mate is going to have a lot of machining to do  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3739 on: February 06, 2023, 10:54 PM »
Right, that is the very last thing needed for the conversion.

Sadly instead of it being called something easily searchable like you know? 1" to 1-1/8" headset converter" it is called a headset converter with no dimensions on it at all until you open the friggin listing.

Very excited now. I fudging love that Standard.

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3740 on: February 07, 2023, 09:19 PM »
can I asked where did you find the odyssey cheaper mate? lmk thx  :daumenhoch:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3741 on: February 08, 2023, 12:24 PM »
I got it from a random. Looks like he bought it, opened it etc.

TBH the Alan's price is absolutely fine, I just don't like buying from him. They cost more than that in the 90s and it comes with a lever and cable.

Last night I got the final piece needed for the STA, and I am stoked.

Seems Standard have finally looked into the $50 for shipping to the UK BS, and it was a mere $7.50.

Oh yeah I dodged a bullet too. I nearly done F-ed up... Looking around the Tange Seiki headsets for BMX are 40 quid. I wondered why mine was so cheap at 20. Then I noticed this.

Ah bollocks :( This happened to me before when I did that crappy MK1 ultra burner ffs. Thinking I had pissed my money down a hole again I looked at the conversion kit.

Wow ! seems the conversion kit is actually for a road bike headset, not a BMX one. So I totally lucked out, because if I had bought the 40 quid one it would have been useless  :LolLolLolLol:

That's just what I needed right now, a bit of luck. Worked out much cheaper too, for the exact same bloody thing without BMX tax attached.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 12:30 PM by Midschoolfool »

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3742 on: February 09, 2023, 01:57 PM »
And in other news. fook Standard.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3743 on: February 14, 2023, 02:33 PM »

Final bits for the STA. The bolts are basically 3/8 axle bolts, which is what the ditch fork uses for the pegs. I do have bolts on there, but they are tapered and a bit short for my liking.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3744 on: March 09, 2023, 02:22 PM »
Sitting at home with the rona is expensive.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3745 on: March 10, 2023, 12:49 PM »
Hope you get back on your feet/bike soon, for the sake of your wallet if nothing else! ;D

These goodies have just landed in Japan, albeit in the bottom of my suitcase!! That counts as a delivery, right!? :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3746 on: March 10, 2023, 04:56 PM »
Hope you get back on your feet/bike soon, for the sake of your wallet if nothing else! ;D

These goodies have just landed in Japan, albeit in the bottom of my suitcase!! That counts as a delivery, right!? :daumenhoch:

Hmmm.. wonder what the middle one is ?  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3747 on: March 10, 2023, 05:51 PM »

Dude I am so.bored.

I had a load of cool stuff lined up for when I got home. Completing a PC build for a game coming out, new speaker cables for my rear speakers etc. Instead I'm sat here feeling like dog poo warmed up  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3748 on: March 10, 2023, 11:20 PM »
Warm dog poo is never good! Thumbs down

Hmmm.. wonder what the middle one is ?  :LolLolLolLol:

Thought you might recognise those, having been sat in your house for over 7 years!! ;D

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3749 on: March 11, 2023, 03:53 PM »
Because I fancied several more hours of chinese water torture.

I can't believe I am going to be lacing these rims again.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx