gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975554 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 11, 2024, 02:46 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...  (Read 553007 times)

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
« Reply #3750 on: March 14, 2023, 05:04 PM »
Well that was an absolute fackin nightmare. It's almost impossible to find a 48 hole sealed bearing front hub now. Thankfully I found the OEM that knocked out every one else's hubs in the mid school and got one for ?13 delivered.

She's a heavy old girl though.

So now to shop for some Ti round stock  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3751 on: March 14, 2023, 07:16 PM »
BTW I should explain that. During the mid school companies were selling absolutely bomb proof hubs. Sealed etc. Have a look at this.

That is a Seventies freehweel 36h version. Two years back I bought a Gusset threaded cassette version (that takes a cog)

Two years ago I bought a complete wheel.... Again Seventies.

Last year I bought a Wethepeople...

Are you seeing the pattern here?  :LolLolLolLol: they are all the same in different clothes. Well, with a different label on. The company I bought the front one from? likely made all of those and more  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3752 on: March 15, 2023, 02:24 PM »
Man. This hub is absolutely friggin beautiful. A work of art. It's also way smaller than it looks in pics, and thus weighs practically nothing.

The rims arrived too.

Now what I didn't want to fess before they arrived is... Well they are labelled "Kinlin Steady Class". Cool right? I bought a set for the Morales. A few people have said "They look like Kore Speed Hoops". Now what I didn't know was? they are Kore Speed Hoops

I posted a pic on another forum and got a PM from a guy in the US asking where I got them. When I told him he told me that Kore Speed Hoops are merely rebranded Kinlin rims. Which made a lot of sense, given you know? they are exactly the same.

There is one set left on the bay. I will leave those for someone else. Hint, they are 30 quid. Which when you consider what they sell for?

I would say that is a pretty good deal  :LolLolLolLol: I worked it out earlier. Mine will run me sub 200 quid, and will actually be a big chunk better than those. Because mine will have all Ti axles and hardware. I bought the spoke nipples already. Got those last night, they should arrive today.

Because they weigh naff all.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3753 on: March 17, 2023, 06:17 PM »
More piggy parts.

I hope these fit.

Couldn't find threaded ones in black, and besides they were half the price of the salmon ones (which would not work here) so I got these.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #3754 on: March 27, 2023, 09:08 PM »
Hello chaps, it's been a while, I hope you are all well.

Most of you probably know that the later Raleigh Grifter XL came with Nitto bars, I only found this out recently though. So needing some decent Japanese bars for a build and steering clear of the pricey stuff and missing out on some eBay auctions that ended up selling at a reasonable price, I thought I would have a look on eBay. Boom 💥 under a score posted, result. Nice early race look to them with the sweep.

fistblump
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3755 on: March 27, 2023, 11:08 PM »
Nice find. And welcome back.

My shit all arrived over the past two weeks. Even the Chinese hub. Need to build another ERD measuring device as it seems I chucked the last one out, then I can work out the spoke lengths.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3756 on: March 27, 2023, 11:23 PM »
Cheers man. Ahhh, you've been busy, I will have to catch up on your posts and see what you are up too 👍🏼

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3757 on: March 27, 2023, 11:31 PM »
I don't think there are that many. I finished the STA (like really finished it)  and am about to make my Pork a lot lighter and better with those parts.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3758 on: March 28, 2023, 08:33 AM »
Hello chaps, it's been a while, I hope you are all well.

Most of you probably know that the later Raleigh Grifter XL came with Nitto bars, I only found this out recently though. So needing some decent Japanese bars for a build and steering clear of the pricey stuff and missing out on some eBay auctions that ended up selling at a reasonable price, I thought I would have a look on eBay. Boom 💥 under a score posted, result. Nice early race look to them with the sweep.
Nice bars, I watch that chap on YouTube. Dealer Mike, he's quite  entertaining with his Choppers and Burner  projects.
 fistblump
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3759 on: March 28, 2023, 10:24 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol: yeah I have watched a few too but I am literally jaw on the floor thinking  :wtf: in between bouts of laughter.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3760 on: March 28, 2023, 12:19 PM »
:LolLolLolLol: yeah I have watched a few too but I am literally jaw on the floor thinking  :wtf: in between bouts of laughter.

Matty Barton started a Youtube channel last week. He is going to drive around meeting up with people. First visit was to Leroy. If you don't know who Leroy is? he is the guy that fixes all of the broken or damaged frames, or frames people have butchered from 10mm to 14.

/>
Next video he is meeting up with Nick Bevan to see his enormous mid school collection. Well worth a sub IMO, quality stuff.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3761 on: March 28, 2023, 01:58 PM »
More Porky parts. I am ditching the front brake (Super Fork coming off for something else, with no brake lugs) so I wanted to put on a dual pull lever. Found this set on Ebay for 15 quid. I will take it apart and paint the body black, and leave the handle as it is.

Beats 50 boys for a Dia Compe eh.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3762 on: March 28, 2023, 06:15 PM »

And me, the way he   tries  to remove rust😃 brutal.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3763 on: March 28, 2023, 08:47 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: I thought it was a piss take at first  :whistle:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3764 on: March 28, 2023, 08:48 PM »
I don't think there are that many. I finished the STA (like really finished it)  and am about to make my Pork a lot lighter and better with those parts.

Cool, putting the Pork on a diet  fistblump

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3765 on: March 28, 2023, 09:06 PM »

Matty Barton started a Youtube channel last week. He is going to drive around meeting up with people. First visit was to Leroy. If you don't know who Leroy is? he is the guy that fixes all of the broken or damaged frames, or frames people have butchered from 10mm to 14.

/>
Next video he is meeting up with Nick Bevan to see his enormous mid school collection. Well worth a sub IMO, quality stuff.

I will give that a watch, cheers

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3766 on: March 28, 2023, 10:59 PM »

Cool, putting the Pork on a diet  fistblump

That's the idea yeah. It isn't a heavy frame. In fact, it is probably the lightest mid school tank made. So that gave me the idea to make it the lightest one I have.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3767 on: March 28, 2023, 11:47 PM »

/>

I will give that a watch, cheers

They was pretty cool  :popcorn:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3768 on: March 29, 2023, 12:59 PM »
Forgot I also got this for the Pork. I bought a bare XUFO so I was using a steel top plate.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3769 on: March 30, 2023, 02:45 PM »

Wait until you see Nick's stuff. I would say it is probably the most unreal collection of mid school out there, rivalled only by Paul Shriever. Amazing stuff tbh. And talking of Nick......  :LolLolLolLol:

I just bought this from him for the Pork. Why use a clone when you can have the real deal.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3770 on: March 30, 2023, 05:30 PM »

Wait until you see Nick's stuff. I would say it is probably the most unreal collection of mid school out there, rivalled only by Paul Shriever. Amazing stuff tbh. And talking of Nick......  :LolLolLolLol:

I just bought this from him for the Pork. Why use a clone when you can have the real deal.

I was tempted by that too, looks great 👍🏼

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3771 on: March 30, 2023, 05:37 PM »
These landed from OT CYCLES  some it's on eBay today. Original blue flites for my Street beat.  Just need a nos Izumi white and silver chain. Then it's  complete.

I'm well chuffed.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 05:59 PM by SDF »

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3772 on: March 31, 2023, 01:48 AM »
hold on. whats that with the yellow tuffs??
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3773 on: March 31, 2023, 09:43 AM »
hold on. whats that with the yellow tuffs??

That's my Street Styler Damo,  built it in  2015 ish. Got the frame and forks of Biago at Mk late on a Sunday take it now for ?125  wiithout unboxing it, so I took the risk.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 10:13 AM by SDF »

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3774 on: March 31, 2023, 03:22 PM »
I've lost the posh all metal digital vernier my mate bought me :( I think it might be in the loft, but it's cold and windy (breathing loft) so F them apples. I got a cheap stand in, I just want to measure the hubs up for the spokes. Already done the rim ERD.

Should be here at some point today, so hopefully by tonight I will have ordered my spokes :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx