gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975555 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 11, 2024, 09:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...  (Read 553070 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Re: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
« Reply #3825 on: July 31, 2023, 12:57 PM »
Now you be careful with those late night purchases!! :daumenhoch:

Have just picked these up. 8)
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3826 on: August 03, 2023, 12:37 PM »
& this arrived this evening. A Kalloy seat post for my Cult build. :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #3827 on: August 04, 2023, 08:17 PM »
I've been trying to buy this frame and the brakes for over a year now, it just never happened. Finally, the deal was sealed this evening and they have been paid for. A nice Asco Turbo frame with the early decals and a set of Asco Pro brakes. I have some Asco parts that will be used on the build when I get around to it way down the line.
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3828 on: August 15, 2023, 06:45 PM »
Just ordered, they are so bad they are cool   :coolsmiley:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3829 on: August 17, 2023, 10:05 AM »
I've been trying to buy this frame and the brakes for over a year now, it just never happened. Finally, the deal was sealed this evening and they have been paid for. A nice Asco Turbo frame with the early decals and a set of Asco Pro brakes. I have some Asco parts that will be used on the build when I get around to it way down the line.

Nice! I have also been stockpiling some Asco parts for my Dutch Thruster build. I really must pull my finger out and build the bloody thing!!! ::)

Oh, and you'll be pleased to hear that I've also just ordered these... :daumenhoch:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3830 on: August 19, 2023, 01:58 PM »
Nice! I have also been stockpiling some Asco parts for my Dutch Thruster build. I really must pull my finger out and build the bloody thing!!! ::)

What have you managed to get your hands on Mick? What's going on the Thruster? I was very pleased to have grabbed the brakes with the frame. I have some Asco bars, seat post, power disc, chainring/bolts and a seat clamp for the build so far. It should probably be an all European build but Tange forks look great on them as do many other Japanese parts!
 :chin:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3831 on: August 19, 2023, 02:31 PM »
Mate, it sounds like we're building the same bike!! I can't remember exactly what I've got without rummaging through boxes BUT Asco brakes, a chainring and a seatpost clamp spring to mind. Those and the Tange forks that I brought back with me on my recent trip to Blighty!! ;D

Actually, thinking about all this is making me want to go through those afore-mentioned boxes!!! :daumenhoch:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3832 on: August 19, 2023, 03:12 PM »
Get digging, it might give you a rush of old school in the blood, next thing you know you're building  fistblump
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 10:22 PM by Chilli Rinse »

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3833 on: September 11, 2023, 11:33 AM »
I still haven't been through those boxes yet but it's on my list of jobs-to-do this week! :daumenhoch:

In the meantime, I've just snagged a used but good condition-looking Alienation rim. More info on the reason behind that when it arrives. :coolsmiley:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3834 on: September 11, 2023, 01:23 PM »
For the holibobs.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3835 on: September 13, 2023, 11:31 AM »
How did you post that photo?? Did you not get a "Path cannot be empty" message???

Nice shoes btw! :daumenhoch:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3836 on: September 13, 2023, 01:30 PM »
I use imgur. It only works from a desktop browser, mind.

I have a pair of black Etnies. They are suede. Problem is they look proper tatty and we go to posh places when I go down. I'd shoot myself in the head if I ever wore shoes again, so those are posh enough  :LolLolLolLol:

I bought another bike. My mother is going to lose her shit when I tell her I am buying another bike imported from the USA.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3837 on: September 13, 2023, 10:51 PM »
I think she'll be okay with that one! :daumenhoch:

After Photobucket, I've avoided photo/image-hosting sites like the plague. Thumbs down

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3838 on: September 14, 2023, 11:02 AM »
Imgur has been great for years tbh.

The only downside is if you block ads their size editor doesn't work.

So I just use photoshop to do that first.

There is another one. Ibb or something but it's a bit more malicious.

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3839 on: September 14, 2023, 06:08 PM »
Does anyone moderate this forum anymore so that they're aware of faults as and when they arise and then get 'em fixed?
How long has it been now?

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3840 on: September 15, 2023, 09:19 PM »
Does anyone moderate this forum anymore so that they're aware of faults as and when they arise and then get 'em fixed?
I've tried many  times to post. I've given up now.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 09:24 PM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3841 on: September 15, 2023, 11:05 PM »

At least a "Sorry lads, we're on the case" post would be nice. :(

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3842 on: September 18, 2023, 09:10 PM »
This could well be the final nail in the coffin. Only a few people were bothering to post anyway and now this image upload issue. I hope I'm wrong but it isn't looking good  :(

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3843 on: September 19, 2023, 12:32 PM »
This could well be the final nail in the coffin. Only a few people were bothering to post anyway and now this image upload issue. I hope I'm wrong but it isn't looking good  :(

Forums need constant work and attention. You also need to pay for the licenses and updates. Like, security updates. This particular forum is now very old in technical terms. Has it ever changed?

Due to that eventually the HTTPS license (secure) will expire, and then you will start getting warnings about the site being unsecure. As such you won't be able to access it, unless you waive your security and go on any way. Another huge problem with this site is that it is so old it may not be reasonable to make it modern with all of the patches and licenses. You would literally have to go into the accounts, look at the usernames and passwords, recreate every single one, and then one by one add in every single post ever made. I know a couple of guys who did this in the past and it is an absolute nightmare.

And that is probably why it is now what it is. Seems no one wants to pay, and no one wants to work to make it modern. Which if you are no longer interested? would be a month in hell for the fastest person.

I have now packed in the museum. I got sick of Americans whining with their political drivel and drama. That said at the same time when Perron died I had already all but made up my mind to pack it all in myself. Figured I wouldn't say anything, and would see how I feel, but here I am many months later and it is just all a complete ball ache. I am tired of arguing with my family over it, and at times want it all to just go away. I was supposed to move three bikes months ago, yet they are still just sat there gathering dust. The responsibility of having all of those bikes at times is too much to bear, and I may sell up. Like I said, I don't want to rush into it as most of what I have is irreplaceable, but I do see it going in that direction tbh.

Yup, it has already begun it would seem. Next thing your browser won't let you come here. Same happened at Vital.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 12:34 PM by Midschoolfool »

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3844 on: September 23, 2023, 11:03 PM »
I've had my subscription renewed as a site supporter, it's only a tenner so no great loss.   I won't ever use Facebook , always made posting on here a priority.

SDF.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3845 on: September 24, 2023, 04:31 PM »
Well fingers crossed eh.

I bought some Ti bolts but this time because I found out the bolts the Ti BB I bought for my 700c are no longer available and are an incredibly rare thread type. That's probably why I got a ?380 BB for ?25 lmao.

I've spent nearly a year trying to find out what they are after trying every crank bolt I have. None fitted and no one seems to know.

Then something weird happened. I was tidying up parts I?d chucked down by the side of my armchair at mum's and there it was. Right next to it was a male 14mm bmx axle I had converted to female in the Pork front wheel. You wouldn't effin believe it, threaded straight fookin in there. Do some research, male 14mm BMX axles are m14 with a 1mm pitch. This is mad, as even m14 fine is m14 1.5mm pitch.

Messaged my mate with the lathe and he only has the bloody die?.

Problem is he can't machine like Allen key fittings, so we are going to machine some threaded slugs that screw into the axle and then m8 threads for the Ti bolts I just bought for a fiver.

Bikes eh? Racket. Fookin racket.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3846 on: September 24, 2023, 11:05 PM »
Oh and again I want to say a huge thanks to Toby. Wasn't sure about that mambo bag but I now love it. Ditched off my really heavy rucksack and now it will be my bag of choice. Looks much smarter than a back back too.

Put the hat on for the first time and again, super comfortable.

On the way down I let a young lady use the toilet before me. Gorgeous she was. As she came out she thanked me and threw me a wink, and I must admit I did look kinda fly lmao.

So yeah stoked with all of it mate. Gonna bust out the RZs tomorrow and rep the Zombie man himself.

Dig through the ditches and burn through the witches I slam in the back of ma dragulaaaaaaa

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3847 on: September 24, 2023, 11:10 PM »
Lucky find, at least you're almost sorted, and we do this for fun  :LolLolLolLol:

I'm soon going to be searching for a bolt or 2 to use. I have paid for a pair of Crupi mini round pedals for my Cannondale expert. There is a cage bolt missing, no big deal as you can still get those. The other missing bolt is the axle fixing bolt. At least I have the other to match it to. I think I done well on them, looking at the prices on the museum and eBay. I think the cages are replacements as they are not CP stamped. Even if I end up replacing the bearings and hardware, I'll be happy that another decent bit of kit has been sourced for the build.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3848 on: September 24, 2023, 11:18 PM »
Oh and again I want to say a huge thanks to Toby. Wasn't sure about that mambo bag but I now love it. Ditched off my really heavy rucksack and now it will be my bag of choice. Looks much smarter than a back back too.

Put the hat on for the first time and again, super comfortable.

On the way down I let a young lady use the toilet before me. Gorgeous she was. As she came out she thanked me and threw me a wink, and I must admit I did look kinda fly lmao.

So yeah stoked with all of it mate. Gonna bust out the RZs tomorrow and rep the Zombie man himself.

Dig through the ditches and burn through the witches I slam in the back of ma dragulaaaaaaa

Cool Andy, I'm glad you're using them and you look the part mate.  :slayer:
I on the other hand have done sweet fa with the shed load of your parts. I will get there though  fistblump

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3849 on: September 24, 2023, 11:26 PM »
Oh yeah, I bought a Profile crank set and bb off of Nick, which skinted me. So luckily my good wife financed the Crupi's for me. I'm thinking of putting the crank set on my ratty Haro as they are a rider set. Thoughts please
 :chin:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx