gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975602 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 11, 2024, 04:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  knee shin pads
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: knee shin pads  (Read 2258 times)

motomagII

knee shin pads
« on: June 23, 2012, 04:49 PM »
right what pads do you wear knee and shin wise .i fell on wednesday and as usual my pads only partially saved me as they slid round and down and i got some serious gravel rash on legs.what is the best what do you use knee and shin combo wise

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
Re: knee shin pads
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 06:55 PM »
Probably the best thing is proper race pants with separate pads underneath. This can be a bit tricky as you can't have bulky pads as they'll restrict movement. Usually I use cheap football shinpads. That's what I was wearing when I had that fairly big off a couple of months ago when I put my leg through my front wheel. There was not a scratch on my lower leg, shame about the strained knee ligaments though :10_2_12:
If I'm wearing shorts I use the same 661 jobbies that you do, they are a very tight fit on me so they never move when I crash.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 11:54 PM »
Kyle Straight pads  :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

medved

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 10:10 PM »
Brand x. Knee/shin combo. Absolutely bullet proof and fit me better than all the other I have tried.   I do need to wear braces with my race pants when i have them on, otherwise they try to drag them down as they are a bit bulky

xGoose

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 03:30 AM »
+1 on the Kyle Straits.  ;)

661 new range is out called Rage, basically the same as the Kyle Strait.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 04:39 PM »
+1 on the Kyle Straits. 

+ another 1 on these pads as they're so comfortable you could wear them all day and hardly notice them.  Still leaves the shins open for a savage attack by spikey pins but that's what racepants are for.  Obviously if you're racing in shorts you'll need something with shin guards and my eldest swears by the POC ones http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx'modelID=73278 but they do come at a price!!  Humps

motomagII

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 07:44 PM »
Well i got pladtercadt right pad now LOL heavy and not comfy i wouldn't recommend em

theRuler

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 07:46 PM »
You need a suit of armour Greg!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  knee shin pads

gfxgfx
gfx gfx