gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975565 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 16, 2024, 10:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  New Starter
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Starter  (Read 2306 times)

Dr Skyway

New Starter
« on: August 03, 2012, 07:33 PM »
OK so I was at the Nationals at Derby last weekend and was my first time at a BMX race, and I was very impressed.....so much so that I wanted to give it a go, but whats the best way to start?

Anyone here race at either Derby or Notts?

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: New Starter
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 12:11 AM »
 :) Find your nearest club & go down when they have gates on.You`ll prob be able to borrow a fullface and hire a bike.They`ll prob have a coach too so you`ll be able to pick up some pointers.Enjoy:)

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 06:30 AM »
Hello Dr Skyway,
I live and race in Notts,

we have bikes and helmets you can loan and coaching sessions on a Saturday morning or if you just wanna ride the track its open 365 days a year

Dingo

Dr Skyway

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 05:41 PM »
cheers guys, Think a ride over to Notts one sat morning then.....got pads and full face from MTB'ing

Dingo you race at notts?

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 08:58 PM »
cheers guys, Think a ride over to Notts one sat morning then.....got pads and full face from MTB'ing

Dingo you race at notts?

yes mate, give me a shout when you are going over and I will come across to introduce you to everyone

Dingo

Dr Skyway

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 07:34 PM »
cheers Dingo will do, you down there much?

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 06:44 AM »
I will be there tonight (Wednesday) for gate practice

It starts around 6ish

Dingo

Rossi46

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 06:19 PM »
Where abouts is this track in Notts. If you go down to check it out with a view to having a little razz round, do you have to have full protective gear. I know thats obviously safer but it would be nice to have a go before forking out for all the kit. I enjoyed it BITD but i'm 40 in a couple of months and unsure if my aching/ageing joints will take it. I really fancy it though  :-\

Dr Skyway

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 07:13 PM »
I think the club would prob prefer you to wear the gear for insurance reasons?, but nothing stopping you going down outside club times for a little blast...... ;)

Dingo will give you a shout.....but busy next few weekends MTB'ing

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 02:11 PM »
Two tracks in Notts, outlaws track is sellers wood drive Bulwell and a smaller track at Rushcliffe country park in ruddington, protective gear not required when the club are not practicing

Dingo

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  New Starter

gfxgfx
gfx gfx