gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975574 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 11:59 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  The right way of going about things with a find?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The right way of going about things with a find?  (Read 7687 times)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
The right way of going about things with a find?
« on: December 14, 2013, 10:23 AM »
Hey guys, i have been offered a really large quantity of a certain old school part which currently is fairly rare. They were unearthed years ago and the owner knew nothing about them and considered a trip to the crap man with them  :shocked:

He has now been told what they are so i wont be getting them at scrap value but he is prepared to do a good deal for the job lot.

If i were to take them off him what do we think would be the best way to release them into the market?

Obviously just banging them on the bay would result in decent sales but it would devalue the stock currently with collectors.
Should i start i little site and trickle them into the market with a limited number available each year?

I'm not that bothered about making vast sums of cash quick as these are nice items and will always sell at any time.

what do we recon fellas?  :-\

Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: The right way of going about things with a find?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 10:29 AM »
If youre not planning on keeping them, but the deal is too good to miss....then I would offer them into the community on here first and see how it goes  :daumenhoch:

What sort of parts are we talking of Clint? Anything of a mid school nature?  :daumenhoch:

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 10:36 AM »
That's fantastic !

Maybe list the parts & take offers that feel acceptable to you from those that genuinely need them for their builds  & limit sales to one of an item to each buyer to save on the flippers getting hold & banging them out....

At the end of the day though they are yours & you can do what you want  :daumenhoch:

If you have any nice black or gold old school items hit me up i need a few parts for my Ripper build  :daumenhoch:

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 10:37 AM »
a site! ....and let a certain amount trickle through to us mortals here 8) .... :smiley6600: ;D

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 10:37 AM »
There are too many to keep Gav. I dont think they are specifically mid school but they certainly wouldn''t look out of place on one  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

griff

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 10:40 AM »

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 10:40 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 10:50 AM »

Offline Bfellows

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 11:53 AM »
These???

You always need a cheese option......

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 12:20 PM »
You got the deal mate, release on here and make a bit on each one yourself. Def limit to one per person, and when everyone with a ss tag has a piece, up the price for the bay.

Just my 2p  :daumenhoch:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 12:30 PM »
Ok so lets say hypothetically they were Hutch aerospeed cranks and i had 200 of them, all nos and original (my find aint this good but work with me) Surely i would be setting myself up for some flack form existing owners if the market was awash with them and the prices dropped.

Even selling them on here and the museum would probably put enough out there to stir the pot with the inevitable few popping up on the bay by closet flippers.

I can only see this ending up in hassle if is not handled right, hence the thread.

Maybe i should follow the example of the epoch headset sales with a steady trickle into the marketplace :-\

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 12:51 PM »
Wouldn't be your fault if whatever it is ends up devaluing stuff already out there clint, if you don't do it the guy will still sell it & some less caring fella will pile it on the bay & not give a $ hit mate
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline Bfellows

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2013, 01:12 PM »
You might upset a couple of people........ you might make a lot of people very happy before Christmas  ;D 

You win some, you lose some.  How often have you spent top money on something only for similar pop up on ebay for half the price on a BIN.  I used to collect Isle of Wight festival memorabilia from the 70s.  Before ebay it meant scouring the small ads and little record shops in the hope of scoring a find and paying top dollar for it at that.  Post ebay, every fooker cleared out their loft and the market was swamped - prices plummeted for some items.  £100 ticket stubs lost 80% of their value overnight when an unused book of the things turned up. 

Its part of the fun.  Very few claim to be in this game for the money - sell the lot and you will see who was lying  ;D

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2013, 01:16 PM »
I'm interested to find out what these rare bits are now.  Good luck with selling them, although it sounds like that shouldn't be a problem.  :daumenhoch:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2013, 02:24 PM »
Me too.....very intrigued indeed!! Spill those beans Clint :)

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 02:26 PM »
You might upset a couple of people........ you might make a lot of people very happy before Christmas  ;D 

You win some, you lose some.  How often have you spent top money on something only for similar pop up on ebay for half the price on a BIN.  I used to collect Isle of Wight festival memorabilia from the 70s.  Before ebay it meant scouring the small ads and little record shops in the hope of scoring a find and paying top dollar for it at that.  Post ebay, every fooker cleared out their loft and the market was swamped - prices plummeted for some items.  £100 ticket stubs lost 80% of their value overnight when an unused book of the things turned up. 

Its part of the fun.  Very few claim to be in this game for the money - sell the lot and you will see who was lying  ;D

:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: Definitely  ha-ha...

griff

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 02:56 PM »
Temp dib dobs pending pics, price and me deciding if I actually want one of them or not :teef:

Offline Bfellows

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2013, 03:00 PM »
^^^^^ Its like the Russians laying claim to the Arctic........ 2nd dib dobs if he backs out  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2013, 03:09 PM »
You often find that there are those that aren't in it for the money but at the same time hoard boxes and boxes of bits waiting for the prices to go up.

Having said that I genuinely don't think there are that many that are in it for the money.  Anything I made out of a part was usually ploughed straight back into another build and I would say that was the same for the majority of builders and collectors on here.

Everyone has had a good score of some sort or another, do what they would and offer it to the community first and then after sales have dried up on here spread to Ebay.

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2013, 03:58 PM »
Just get 'em out and get 'em sold Clint. Whats the point in hanging onto them even longer mate.

A great idea to limit 1 per buyer though, unless it's fat/thin combo comp II's, then one of each please  :LolLolLolLol:
BANNED

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2013, 08:15 PM »
So what are they?
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2013, 08:54 PM »
Sorry but can't see the point in posting that Clint.

Did you want an excuse to receive lots of messages?!!

You buy what you want, keep what you want & sell what you want.

FFS...!

Offline PK RipperTime

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2013, 09:13 PM »
Sorry but can't see the point in posting that Clint.

Did you want an excuse to receive lots of messages?!!

You buy what you want, keep what you want & sell what you want.

FFS...!
lol,couldn,t have put it better myself

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2013, 09:41 PM »
Grrr

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  The right way of going about things with a find?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx