gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 06, 2024, 07:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Site Supporter Tags & MK
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Site Supporter Tags & MK  (Read 2555 times)

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Site Supporter Tags & MK
« on: August 19, 2014, 12:41 PM »
I know I'm not a Mod/Admin but I have been around a while. I have often received pm's for items in my sales threads from non Site Supporter Tag (SST) owners wanting to buy. I never reply to these as I like to think that some of the awesome items people have for sale, often way cheaper than fleabay, are an incentive to purchase a SST for a minimal fee of £10. I've had people scoff at this charge for what is effectively a free site.

If some of you non SST holders are unaware, that awesome FREE event you've just attended MK14, is paid for in part by these £10 donations. If you enjoyed the event that much you have adorned your Facebook page with photos and comments just think about your SST status. It doesn't just allow you to buy and sell, that is just an advantage of holding a tag, it pays for THE best OS BMX meeting anywhere in the world!

Just saying

:daumenhoch: :Great_Britain:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: Site Supporter Tags & MK
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 12:45 PM »
Well said Nick, 19p per week, I lose more down the back of the sofa.  :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 01:00 PM »
Bob on that Nick  :daumenhoch:

I had a spate of pm's from non site supporters when I had the jam buttie stuff up and not one was sold to them. To be fair one or two did get a tag when I suggested it but I never heard from 95% of them again.

I know it may seem like lost money to some but most of these people bring nothing to the community and dont deserve the community rates for want of a better phrase   :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:51 PM by oldschoolace »
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

griff

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 01:16 PM »
thanks Nick

even as a mod I'm staggered that MK can happen each year like it does & FOR FREE!

think about any other event you might go to and imagine if it was free to get in, free to camp, free to get pissed up in great company and free to eat the delicious pig  :shocked:

apart from keeping this forum going, site tags go a long way towards paying for MK. Things like show and shine, race registration and merchandise all help too and every year sponsors and kind-hearted fellow radsters have stepped in with incredible offers of support. This year was amazing and you could feel that people were having such a great time - hundreds of loons in a field with no trouble at all, just the occasional casualty :teef:

Everyone brought something to the party whether it was a donation in the jar, drinks, offers of help or building stuff and because of this it was much more than just a few disorganised radmins putting on an event, it was a fantastic weekend and a reflection of just how lovely the people of RAD are

If you don't have one, consider getting yourself a site tag
Even if you never go to MK*, you'll be letting people on here know that you're contributing towards the best BMX forum on the planet and that has to be a good thing

* you should go to MK

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 01:19 PM »
Top words said as above

:4_17_5:

Offline Chapperz

• Curb Endo
  • Always too slow on the dib dobs!
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 02:28 PM »
Well said that man.

It would be interesting to know how many people in attendance didn't have an SST.

Certainly not an :nickswan:............ :LolLolLolLol:
Cleethorpes Old School Ride Out 2018. 14th July 2018

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 02:59 PM »
im only a couple of years back into bmx and rick gibbs pointed me to the forum, best £10 i spent last year, and this, but must say the generosity of allowing non sst to come to mk and be fed and watered for free is mind blowing, it was bigger than ever this year, and im sure none sst were in the minority, but by how much, who knows, think free entry is one thing but to give em free ale and food is another.  not trying to be a grinch but if a tenner a year is out of reach for em then so is OSBMX dont know how you could police it but in the evening rad wristbands for site supporters and others pay for beers, when they see the free ale flowing they may realise where that tenner goes, as i said im still a newbie so my input means little and im not trying to alienate anyone but looking at the photos all over facebook of people who were there id hate to think they outnumber paid members who were there.  it would stick in my throat a little if they turning up selling their stuff to us partying all night and going home with a pocket full of cash n begrudge a tenner thinking, nice one same time next year
Jono

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • I left it in the garden......
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 03:07 PM »
......................not trying to be a grinch but if a tenner a year is out of reach for em then so is OSBMX ......................
Your no grinch. I fully 100% agree with that and all thats been said. How many SST holders are there that don't go? I'm one.  :'( :'( and gutted I didn't looking at the photos! I don't mean gutted. I mean bl**dy sick and disappointed   ;D
When I was born, the world was a far simpler place.
It was all just cops and robbers.
And BMX.

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 03:12 PM »
It's a fine balance and something that couldn't be policed......

All we can ask is that those that came that aren't supporters now become one!

And those that missed it, come next time  :daumenhoch:

Simples

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 03:13 PM »
there are those that can so do take advantage as nick says pm to buy stuff just to get round paying these people will not pay for something they can take for free ...could add a couple of quid to sst and get a wrist band hey if the forum can afford it it dont matter but if next year is bigger than this year and so on after that eventually there will be a breaking point set stall out now let people know members come for free but if you want all the benefits ie dog n duck then sst wristband holders only they have a year to think about missing out, the forum benefits with revenue giving organisers a bit of breathing space paying for it, ablutions, track, food, ramps, marquees, djs even petrol for jennys before the free bar wouldnt like to guess the outlay for the weekend and if all the (id say 500+ people there)were site supporters at a £10 each 5 grand still would barely cover it if at all
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:27 PM by Jono »
Jono

griff

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 03:16 PM »
so far general decency and a sense of fair play have prevailed and there has been no need to do any 'policing'  :police:

there will always be a few miserable tight cnuts out there (think of any house party) who turn up empty handed but I think the vast majority of people that were there generously contributed in one way or another

personally I wouldn't want MK to get much bigger than it was last weekend in terms of people numbers, it's a beautiful thing and if it morphed into something else or got combined with some other event it would cease to be solely about what we all love.

and Jono you're not a newbie :teef:

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 03:44 PM »
Top words Nick.. Even though that blonde tart charged me for my beer..
Griff loves BUM..

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 03:48 PM »
I'd guess that a lot of non-SST holder bought raffle tickets and donated to the honesty jars on the bar in the D&D, but i'd guess that a lot of SST holder did the same.

I agree with Griff (for once), i'd like it to be as big as it is, and stay like that.

It's the best BMX weekend in the country. :radbmxsmilie:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 04:17 PM »
I brought 2 non rad members with me. THey were more than happy to buy a strip of raffle tickets and put a 20 in the dog and duck jar. Don't think they'll become sst. As they aren't really forum savvy. But will pay their way at events

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 06:25 PM »
Some very good points made above. I agree that buying a SST is not just about having the option to buy & sell things. It helps to keep the whole forum going, and to pay for MK and freebies that go with it. So what date for MK next year then? i'll get my holiday requests in at work!  :D To play it safe, i'll book every weekend off in August then cancel some as the date is confirmed.

Offline benno

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 07:10 PM »
yeah like Jaymz , we brought 2 non sst's with us , my brother marcus who's not on the forum and Raefe who is on but doesn't post as he's a thick cnut and don't know how too ,
However they both brought plenty of raffle tickets and i'm sure they shoved a few bob in the jar ,
they really appreciated it was a free event and were happy to support it :daumenhoch:
It comes out of the ground!

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 07:14 PM »
Can't argue with that Mike

:4_17_5:

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 07:17 PM »
This was never a witch hunt guys for who did or who didn't, I'm sure all who aren't SST holders did contribute in some way, it was just a reminder that the SST isn't just for selling/buying.

I'm sure all non SST holders will now feel it in their heart to cointribute from now on :daumenhoch:

Yes I used COINtribute on purpose Griff :teef:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 07:19 PM »
This was never a witch hunt guys for who did or who didn't, I'm sure all who aren't SST holders did contribute in some way, it was just a reminder that the SST isn't just for selling/buying.

I'm sure all non SST holders will now feel it in their heart to cointribute from now on :daumenhoch:

Yes I used COINtribute on purpose Griff :teef:

Never taken to be one Nick, I think it's a great post to highlight the support we get  :4_17_5:

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 07:30 PM »
 :radbmxsmilie:

Offline benno

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 07:41 PM »
yep your right swan guy , and hopefully more will join up after mk being the success that it was  :daumenhoch:
It comes out of the ground!

Offline paulb113

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 07:48 PM »
I am guilty of not having a SST. As I have no interest in ever building another old school bike I never bothered getting one but after seeing all the effort gone into it and eating the great hog roast etc,and feeling guilty reading this post :LolLolLolLol: I will get one :daumenhoch: I did buy raffle tickets and put money in jar. How do I do it?

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 07:55 PM »
I am guilty of not having a SST. As I have no interest in ever building another old school bike I never bothered getting one but after seeing all the effort gone into it and eating the great hog roast etc,and feeling guilty reading this post :LolLolLolLol: I will get one :daumenhoch: I did buy raffle tickets and put money in jar. How do I do it?

I'll PM you Paul mate, thanks for the support.  :4_17_5:

Offline paulb113

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2014, 08:13 PM »
Thanks for info Dan,just paid so I assume that's all I do?

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2014, 08:16 PM »
Thanks for info Dan,just paid so I assume that's all I do?

Yep, for 364 days anyway Buddy.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Site Supporter Tags & MK

gfxgfx
gfx gfx