gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 07, 2024, 11:54 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Can't believe some of that shit on FB
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can't believe some of that shit on FB  (Read 7570 times)

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
Re: Can't believe some of that shit on FB
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2015, 04:59 PM »
Gotta be honest I'm in it for the meets and that's pretty much it, mine may be some of the clown bikes you refer too, but for me they are a means to get from one pub to another, if tomorrow we had the same meets and you lot were there but we were walking I'd still go for me the bikes are secondary to the banter you idiots give, glad I started back into building bikes not coz of what I have but who I've met, hope when we to old to ride we still keep in touch
your builds are shit Jono, but they're not clown bikes. Also  not referring to you .. 👍

Ah well as long as they're only shit, that's OK how many people stopped you in the streets of London asking for a photo of your bike, I probably had 100  :LolLolLolLol:
Jono

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2015, 05:03 PM »
Yea but we love a freak here in London  ;D

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2015, 05:13 PM »
Yea but we love a freak here in London  ;D

:bellend:
Jono

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2015, 05:54 PM »
FB it's the Devil's work lads ...

How dare you...my Father would never associate with such pathetic drivel.

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2015, 08:58 PM »
Gotta be honest I'm in it for the meets and that's pretty much it, mine may be some of the clown bikes you refer too, but for me they are a means to get from one pub to another, if tomorrow we had the same meets and you lot were there but we were walking I'd still go for me the bikes are secondary to the banter you idiots give, glad I started back into building bikes not coz of what I have but who I've met, hope when we to old to ride we still keep in touch
your builds are shit Jono, but they're not clown bikes. Also  not referring to you .. 👍

Ah well as long as they're only shit, that's OK how many people stopped you in the streets of London asking for a photo of your bike, I probably had 100  :LolLolLolLol:
you were the diversion 😳😎👍
Griff loves BUM..

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2015, 04:36 PM »
Got to Be honest I think Facebook has its place.

It's changed loads in the last few years from just personal individuals pages to groups & reference pages .

Yes there's lots of bullshit on there & I can't be arsed with most of the banter. End of the day i just like building bikes, researching a little Bmx history & reminiscing.

But to be fair as a side effect of my hobby I've inadvertently ending up trading in parts here & there (haven't we all as nobody keeps every part that comes on a complete they have bought).

But also through this interest I've done hours of research looking through all of my old magazines scanning images articles adverts etc & searching online for information & photos in an attempt to just basically try to piece together a little history on brands that i liked back in the day & from there I've set up brand pages on Facebook for Rebel & Marlboro plus a group dedicated to the Rickman Brand, all as a point of reference for anyone that's interested & wants to reminisce a little ....

Many of the page visitors come simply sell brand related parts (which is fine) but most have contributed also & maybe don't want to be members of forums or possibly don't even know that Rad exists... Also I've shared many images & info to pages set up by other (Rad) members on Facebook inc Dp TRM & Vincent as they are just exceptionally good (goto reference pages).

To be fair there's not a section on RAD that's dedicated to each specific brand allowing members to add as much info as possible in one place such as brand history catalogues / parts / clothing / etc (apart from the museum) which is just simply builds, so Facebook is perfect for this as to find all of this info on rad you need to really know your way around & that's not for everyone.

Maybe brand sections are something to consider setting up on RAD & maybe traffic will pick up a little ?

« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 04:38 PM by Funkyworm »

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2015, 04:59 PM »

Maybe brand sections are something to consider setting up on RAD & maybe traffic will pick up a little ?
I agree... good idea.  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2015, 05:08 PM »
Good idea  :daumenhoch:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2015, 05:45 PM »
I got accused of being a troll last night  :LolLolLolLol:  FFS !!  i have only been on 3 weeks  :D
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2015, 06:09 PM »
I got accused of being a troll last night  :LolLolLolLol:  FFS !!  i have only been on 3 weeks  :D
good idea funky..

So who did you troll??
Griff loves BUM..

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2015, 06:48 PM »
good idea funky..

So who did you troll??

Just put a funny (well i thought it was) comment on a RADbmx FB thread , the acorn mags to rims thread  .  Im not arsed tbh John , some people are far too serious about life  ::)

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2015, 06:58 PM »
How I see it is if you don't like it skip past.
There's more than enough other content for anybody to look at on Facebook if one build or page don't take your fancy.
I have always though and still do that rad is missing out big time by not pushing there page more.
Anybody that with an interest in bmx in General would end up joining the forum from off of the page if they were not already a member.
I know I've past at least a dozen or more people onto rad that had never herd of it.
Move with the times gents or risk missing out on new people to keep the old ship radbmx sailing.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2015, 07:01 PM »
Someone making rims out of acorns Joff?
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2015, 07:13 PM »
Someone making rims out of acorns Joff?

Yeah mate , a few RADsters had already commented it had already been done and put a link to your thread on here .

It was only yesterday so should be easy to find .  It was getting a bit heated so i just put ........ ''Could i have the centres he had cut out as i wanted to glue them to a set of Pro Class rims i have here''  :D

What i have noticed about FB is the amount of well known RAD members who only post there for sale stuff on the various FB pages ::)  :whistle: .  Im sure if they posted there stuff on here it would generate more traffic on this site , won't happen over night but it would help .  I appreciate the ease of posting stuff on there but at the end of the day this site needs their input and surely spending a few more minutes posting stuff on the main forum isn't too much to ask when you consider the history and info you get from this site ......... and for the majority this is were it all began for them . Some people have very short memories  :(

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2015, 07:23 PM »
Ah I see. Still not enough to make me join Facebook  :LolLolLolLol:

I think the Facebook/forum debate will always rumble on mate but I agree if people are exclusively advertising on Facebook it does nothing for the forum. I'm sure we have all noticed its quiet recently and with the good weather here it shouldn't be. It's a fine balance of reasons but for sure it's not helped if people only advertise on Facebook  :-\

now who do i sue for copyright  :LolLolLolLol:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2015, 07:29 PM »
Ah I see. Still not enough to make me join Facebook  :LolLolLolLol:

I think the Facebook/forum debate will always rumble on mate but I agree if people are exclusively advertising on Facebook it does nothing for the forum. I'm sure we have all noticed its quiet recently and with the good weather here it shouldn't be. It's a fine balance of reasons but for sure it's not helped if people only advertise on Facebook  :-\

now who do i sue for copyright  :LolLolLolLol:

All i will say is you had better watch out Clint , Griff and Carl might set you up an account like they did for me without you knowing  :D    :LolLolLolLol: 

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2015, 09:12 PM »
There's more than enough other content for anybody to look at on Facebook if one build or page don't take your fancy.
I have always though and still do that rad is missing out big time by not pushing there page more.
Anybody that with an interest in bmx in General would end up joining the forum from off of the page if they were not already a member.
I know I've past at least a dozen or more people onto rad that had never herd of it.
Move with the times gents or risk missing out on new people to keep the old ship radbmx sailing.
I do agree with the big loving fella.. But keep the twats out.. I've got their names..
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:16 PM by Pooch »
Griff loves BUM..

griff

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2015, 01:48 AM »
While I can be arsed to help police it, no-one selling on the Rad FB page can do it exclusively - they still need to post a link back to here Clint ;)

Always good to see people posting on FB about some of the content that's been submitted on the forum, we should do more of this ;) the museum section on here has a few years' worth of brand-specific bikes that would no doubt be of interest to some of the guys yet to discover  :radbmxsmilie:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2015, 07:42 AM »
good idea funky..

So who did you troll??

Just put a funny (well i thought it was) comment on a RADbmx FB thread , the acorn mags to rims thread  .  Im not arsed tbh John , some people are far too serious about life  ::)

If it helps Joff, I laughed when I read it!  I think the og poster took it as intended and made him smile when he realised it was meant in jest!

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2015, 09:41 AM »
I do agree with the big loving fella.. But keep the twats out.. I've got their names..

Leav em on Facebook, the radbmx FB had to be binned off after seeing some nasty nasty bikes on there, they didn't  know if they was coming or going, they was that bad they could have passed as a dorky build,,,,,,,yes that bad

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2015, 12:10 PM »

and by other things dords, you mean chicks with nowt or next to nowt on. You're like a dog with two todgers ;)
ding dong

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2015, 12:15 PM »
most of the old crew and loads of you lot are active on facebook. Seems like a natural progression with facebook groups becoming like forums. Can't stop progression.
ding dong

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2015, 12:58 PM »
If you want instant recognition for a bike you've just built (needy folk only need apply), need a quick answer to a question (from folk who haven't got a clue) or need to open your sales up to a wider audience (tried it didn't make a difference) then fb is great.  :LolLolLolLol:

Tbh i find it's more suited to specific brands (as has been said) and to the ride side of bmx... but all the rides i attend are Rad based anyway so i get my fix here... other than that it's fookin shite   :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2015, 01:08 PM »
good idea funky..

So who did you troll??

If it helps Joff, I laughed when I read it!  I think the og poster took it as intended and made him smile when he realised it was meant in jest!

Glad it made you smile Marty  :daumenhoch:  I agree the og poster took it the right way ,it was just the 'troll' reference i wasn't that impressed with ......... i certainly won't be losing any sleep over it though  :D

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2015, 01:11 PM »
What really pisses me off about FB, is the amount of friend requests I get, off people I've never met. I have accepted friend requests off people I've only met once or never met, but chatted to on the forum, but the other's can fook right off.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Can't believe some of that shit on FB

gfxgfx
gfx gfx