gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 15, 2024, 06:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Can't believe some of that shit on FB
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can't believe some of that shit on FB  (Read 7609 times)

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
Can't believe some of that shit on FB
« on: June 12, 2015, 07:12 AM »
I've seen and been invited to many pages on FB.. I have a look a then jogged on.. But some of the shit and drivel that's said is beyond me..
I think most haven't even had a Bmx back in the day!!? Well from their  interpretation I don't think they have😳
It could put me off the whole thing, but I'm trying not to let that happen!! As long as those kinda sad fooks stay away from me! I'm happy😁
Even saying it saved my life being a part of this Bmx crew, what a load of wank... Embarrassing is more the word..
Griff loves BUM..

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Can't believe some of that shit on FB
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 07:30 AM »
Even saying it saved my life being a part of this Bmx crew, what a load of wank... Embarrassing is more the word..
More like... if it wasn't for bmx I'd still be married.  :LolLolLolLol:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 07:35 AM »
Luckily my invite is still in the post

Wink wink

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 07:40 AM »
lol.. I'm glad it's not on here or the RadFB page.. I'd be gone..  Nothing informative or even banter..  Just weird people.
Let's lay a fried egg on my seat!! Look my bikes having breakfast!!!! Let's hang my bike out of a bin!!! Some unique shit going on..
Griff loves BUM..

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 07:51 AM »
Lol
Why would you put a fried egg on a seat , to be fair that is pretty weird in itself.

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 07:51 AM »
lol.. I'm glad it's not on here or the RadFB page.. I'd be gone..  Nothing informative or even banter..  Just weird people.
Let's lay a fried egg on my seat!! Look my bikes having breakfast!!!! Let's hang my bike out of a bin!!! Some unique shit going on..

I seem to be missing out on all of this.

Thank fook.

I saved my life by taking a deep breath and having two 'man the fook up' pills and cracking on!

:LolLolLolLol:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 08:11 AM »
I'm glad I'm keeping it 100% pure  :radbmxsmilie:.....
I ain't got no time for any of that bullcrap.   :2gunsfiring_v1: :uglystupid2:
FB it's the Devil's work lads ...  :daumenhoch:
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 08:23 AM »
Too many BMX pages with too many muppets building clown bikes on FB. Fortunately me and my bikes fit right in !  :uglystupid2:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline ORANGEZIPPY

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 08:25 AM »
For me, Life seems to go to fast enough without wasting time on FB.
Proud to say never logged on it, but I guess it has its place for some.
Much prefer forums for the harder core.
 :daumenhoch:

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 08:43 AM »
Faceache in general is a waste of space! more suited for people without real lives to lead.... posting endless cr@p! Seems that everyone who's banned from this superb forum or any other bmx forum is on Faceache cos that's the only place they can haunt....then there's the 2 or 3 biggest 'splitters' of old school bmx (we all know who they are lol) peddling there over priced parts to their captive faceache community!!  :bellend:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 08:44 AM »
Don't know what you're on about John, there's proper quality 'custom' builds on there  ;D

it's a whole world of braced laybacks, upside down seat guts and bars so far forward they touch the forks!  love it  :D

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 08:46 AM »
And let's not forget you can see your face in every part Rob  "help" :LolLolLolLol:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2015, 08:47 AM »
it's part of the reason i'm not in on it Ash, no fooker wants to see my face in anything  ;D

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2015, 09:05 AM »
Too many BMX pages with too many muppets building clown bikes on FB. Fortunately me and my bikes fit right in !  :uglystupid2:
it's the clown bikes that make me think they never had a bike...
I think this is how it works for many..
One day for some mad reason you think of building a Bmx that reminds of your youth or you've never been away from it.
So how the fook do they come up with these concoctions?
I actually don't think it's that cool, more just fond memories and like minded people. And they just think it's cool to ride the streets shouting Oi Oi to any passer by 😳
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 09:13 AM by Pooch »
Griff loves BUM..

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 09:28 AM »

One day for some mad reason you think of building a Bmx that reminds of your youth or you've never been away from it.
So how the fook do they come up with these concoctions?

Two reasons John.

Firstly, they are the people who you used to see back then that just rolled around the streets and had a, well, some sort of BMX. The best they could do was to jump off a kerb, nearly killing themselves in the process. You can tell who they are by just looking at the bars sitting on their front tyres   :idiot2:

Secondly, they now want to build a BMX but, when they start looking at the prices of parts, they turn to the repop junk on Ebay etc. The style of the bikes coincides with their style of BMX'ing back then........SH!TE!  ;D
BANNED

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2015, 11:48 AM »
I'm glad I'm keeping it 100% pure  :radbmxsmilie:.....
I ain't got no time for any of that bullcrap.   :2gunsfiring_v1: :uglystupid2:
FB it's the Devil's work lads ...  :daumenhoch:

Me too! if fb is so shite....then foooking stay away from it, stop trading parts on there, come back and use the forum.....but not to tell us how shite fb is  ::)
and by the way.....did you know the facebook app for your smartyphones is able to 1.change the content of your text messages 2. turn your camera and mic on at any time to record 3. change the content of your contacts list and you silly fookers have agreed to it!  "nono" "nono" "nono"
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

rodriguez

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2015, 12:37 PM »
Faceache in general is a waste of space! more suited for people without real lives to lead.... posting endless cr@p! Seems that everyone who's banned from this superb forum or any other bmx forum is on Faceache cos that's the only place they can haunt....then there's the 2 or 3 biggest 'splitters' of old school bmx (we all know who they are lol) peddling there over priced parts to their captive faceache community!!  :bellend:

The whole demonisation of the "splitters" you are refering to originated from disputes on the Burner forums and is totally irrelevant now (was then too), the "splitters" are banned and their detractors are nowhere to be seen.

A lot of the parts in the For Sale section are sold by a fellas in Europe and the US who split bikes, nothing wrong with that IMHO, parts have to come from somewhere, should they be banned?

Probably the biggest "splitter" in the UK scene is a member of this forum, nothing wrong with that either IMHO.

Quite a few parts are sniped on here and ebayed, not so sure about this.

I prefer the forum format to facebook for many of the reasons already stated (although not all), BOTM, the reference section and build threads by the likes of Ed209 GnarlyScoots, Retrodan and Gary72 (sorry if I've left anyone out) are always worth a look.

Hopefully RAD will ride out the current lull but a forum is only as good as members make it.

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 12:39 PM »
It's not just FB, other forums have their  :bellend:s too. Like another bmx forum I used to frequent, it's now been run into the ground by egomaniacs.

Keep it  :radbmxsmilie:, keep it proper.   

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 01:46 PM »
Did someone say Facebook  .......  ::)   :whistle:  ^"^  :D
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

In2bmx

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 01:59 PM »
I actually quite enjoy FaceBook  :)

I can keep up with my family who live all over the world , and I have a business page that we get work off ..

As for the 10000000000 of BMX pages ( too many ) I'm only a member of 3 ..

There is always the option to block people (  :bellend:'s ) or turn off notifications 

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2015, 02:31 PM »
I'm a member of 2.. Rad because Rad created it when it was down and the Hutch owners group of which is a cracking page..  But that doesn't stop me from getting invited or added to others of which I look at and then leave and they are shit and I can come on here and tell you..   :LolLolLolLol:
Updated.. I've always stood by Radbmx.. It's my mothership of Bmx..
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 03:04 PM by Pooch »
Griff loves BUM..

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2015, 03:41 PM »
Gotta be honest I'm in it for the meets and that's pretty much it, mine may be some of the clown bikes you refer too, but for me they are a means to get from one pub to another, if tomorrow we had the same meets and you lot were there but we were walking I'd still go for me the bikes are secondary to the banter you idiots give, glad I started back into building bikes not coz of what I have but who I've met, hope when we to old to ride we still keep in touch
Jono

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2015, 04:42 PM »

Binned the radbmx one off after see some builds, lost the love after seeing them, but kept the hutch one on

rodriguez

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 04:48 PM »
Clown bikes have been around forever, on the bmxmuseum long before the facebook pages.

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 04:53 PM »
Gotta be honest I'm in it for the meets and that's pretty much it, mine may be some of the clown bikes you refer too, but for me they are a means to get from one pub to another, if tomorrow we had the same meets and you lot were there but we were walking I'd still go for me the bikes are secondary to the banter you idiots give, glad I started back into building bikes not coz of what I have but who I've met, hope when we to old to ride we still keep in touch
your builds are shit Jono, but they're not clown bikes. Also  not referring to you .. 👍
Griff loves BUM..

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Can't believe some of that shit on FB

gfxgfx
gfx gfx