gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975549 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 09, 2024, 01:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Me & My Bikes  |  Chownie
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chownie  (Read 1512 times)

Offline chownie

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Chownie
« on: July 03, 2015, 04:01 PM »
Name:  Peter Chown
Years Collecting: Ive only got my Gt World Tour Performer which I got new in '85 I think it was.  I'm sure I've got a Kuwahara in my mums shed too!
Interests: Bodybuilding, bikes, movies, and Porsches (not got one yet though!)
Dislikes: That I left my Gt in my mums shed for the last 17 years and seeing the rust on it! 
Favourite BMX: My GT,  always loved Skyway TA's I need a white one in my life,  and Haro Master, I also need one of these in green. 
Favourite Old School BMX Brand: GT/Haro/Skyway

I got into BMX around 1981/82 after chatting to my friends in the school playground and that was it, I was hooked!  My first bike was a Team Murray which I got for Christmas, then I got a Kuwahara.  I then saved my paper round money and birthday/xmas money for 2 and a half years until I could afford a GT World Tour Performer, the bike below is the actual one from BITD.  I pretty much lived over Rom Skatepark! 
I was the last one riding around my area and still carried on for quite a while until I got fed up on my own.  I always had the love for BMX even though I didn't ride.  The last time I rode was a few times with a friend of mine around 1997 or so. 
BMX actually got me into the sport that I actually excelled at, which is bodybuilding.  In an issue of BMX Plus there was an article on getting stronger for riding and it mentioned lifting weights.  So I went to the library and got a book on bodybuilding, and so started my second passion of my life.  I ended up winning the Natural (drug free) European Championships,  Natural World Heavyweight Champion and Natural Mr Universe.  The Universe I won In L.A and after I won the comp I had to take a drive to Huntington Beach as I remembered seeing this place on tv as a kid and where GT were based if I remember rightly, so the passion for BMX was always lurking in the background. 
Anyway, its great to be back and it would be good to get to know some of you guys as I can't remember many of the guys names from over Rom from when I was younger! 

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

This is my GT as it came out of the shed.  Its now in bits getting cleaned up and will soon be ready to ride again. 

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Me & My Bikes  |  Chownie

gfxgfx
gfx gfx