gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 06, 2024, 04:03 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BOTY
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BOTY  (Read 27162 times)

rodriguez

BOTY
« on: January 21, 2016, 11:49 AM »
In light of recent events I think it's only right and proper that BOTY vote should be re-run, with Seans entry disqualified and Bennos entry replacing it.

It's still only January after all so there's time to do it and I'm sure there will be plenty of voters.

What is the concensus of opinion.

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: BOTY
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 11:51 AM »
Agreed
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

griff

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 11:53 AM »
In light of the fact that this is still being looked into I think it's a bit early to be making judgments/disqualifying anyone

That's just my opinion though

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 11:59 AM »
Griff there has been 24 hours to look in to this .

Facts
Accounts were set up for voting and used only for voting . Your stats show that .you can't get away from that .

What's the hold up ?

Are people trying to cast shadow over whats out in the public . Or just to embarrassed to admit it or not got the balls to tackle the bull with the horns .

Lots of people are pissed but to afraid to raise it . My FB messages convey that

Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep

griff

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 12:06 PM »
Griff there has been 24 hours to look in to this .

Facts
Accounts were set up for voting and used only for voting . Your stats show that .you can't get away from that .

What's the hold up ?

Are people trying to cast shadow over whats out in the public . Or just to embarrassed to admit it or not got the balls to tackle the bull with the horns .

Lots of people are pissed but to afraid to raise it . My FB messages convey that

Shouldn't have to remind you that this is not a full time job for any of us
Yesterday I did 12 hours at work and got home at 8pm - personally I would rather have not been online arguing the toss with people making unsubstantiated claims based on mostly suspicion

I'm at work right now, as I suspect are the other people

It has nothing to do with balls, shadows or anything else. It is however a delicate subject when you're calling someone's integrity in public so all I'm suggesting is to let the people with enough technical knowhow find out if there is a way to give a definitive answer or not.

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 12:12 PM »
Delicate yes . Radbmx admin has been caught out big time cheating . Are you forgetting all your friends that have lost out to this .

I'm at work but the facts are there

Do as you will but don't expect the support of members when no money comes in
Old School BMX only
Cash is King

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 12:14 PM »
Also why do you need technical people to look at it when his mrs has basically admitted it .
Old School BMX only
Cash is King

rodriguez

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 12:21 PM »
In light of the fact that this is still being looked into I think it's a bit early to be making judgments/disqualifying anyone

That's just my opinion though

Point taken.

In that case perhaps Sean will do the honourable thing and withdraw his entry himself for the BOTY.

Get the ball rolling and get a bit of positivity back into RAD again, it's been too negative for too long.

Offline bmxband1t77

• Cherry Picker
  • '77 a good year (Star Wars-Punk) but not my DOB.
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 02:08 PM »
like wot that fuk is going on???
bike doping with fake rad memberships???

shizzem skizzem man!!!

THIS IS A FUKIN HOBBY FOR FUKS SAKE GUYS it aint that important surely?

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 02:21 PM »
nor is it fact Craig
you have seen a screen shot , please post that up here and explain how an IP range with five accounts proves that cheating has taken place?
we are still trawling logs to find out the FACTS
as it stands Sean has not cheated , he has three accounts registered to his IP , his, his wifes ,and a foster kid the 2 rad admin accounts have never voted for any BOTY or Month
so if you are saying that by Jo , sean and a foster kid voting for Seans bikes is cheating then fair enough but lets be fair why would your wife not vote for her husband

we are still looking at it and I will present any FACTS once I have them and will try to be honest when I do

but as it stands the accusation of cheating has been made , if it is true then we will act but those that are prepared to await the facts of this and not just grab the popcorn and point fingers will await what we know when we can take the time to present what we have found

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 03:12 PM »
As per PM if your team are not prepared to come forward then your  as bad as one another

Im sorry to have to say that but its true
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:18 PM by crazycraig »
Old School BMX only
Cash is King

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 03:33 PM »
Sorry if this is detailed elsewhere (I don't do Facebook) but wtf is going on here??
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

monkian

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 03:50 PM »
You've had your pound of flesh Craig so why don't you just pull your neck in until they have all the facts.

I personally can't see much wrong with a wife and kid voting tbh and if that's all it comes down to then it nowhere near warranted this kind of shit storm.

Offline Ady

• Flip-Whip
  • fin old..... they call me the silver fox
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 04:08 PM »
I thought it was a bit of fun in the memory of the guy who passed..
I have a few of my builds entered just to get the numbers up with no intentions of winning just a bit of fun to show off the effort we all put into this great hobbie..
So now we are checking IP addy.. Family and friends voting etc..
We only had 5 bikes in last months Dec with well over 4k members.
If we all put more effort in entering your bike as too the negative efforts at present checking each others IP or starting threads about this even saying that this bike was built well over a month ago..
Personally most of the bikes that have won BOTY was the best of show so I don't know what the problem is..
Or subscription members can only vote..
Real men have Dachshunds I have three / now two 😓 missing you../ back too three with a rescue dachie

Offline Skid

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 06:21 PM »
as it stands Sean has not cheated , he has three accounts registered to his IP , his, his wifes ,and a foster kid the 2 rad admin accounts have never voted for any BOTY or Month
so if you are saying that by Jo , sean and a foster kid voting for Seans bikes is cheating then fair enough but lets be fair why would your wife not vote for her husband

It all depends on the timing of those 2 votes really , the wifes and foster kid.

A week before the end of voting? Not cheating.

5 minutes before vote ends and hubbies bike is only 2 votes short of winning and hubby can see that information, on screen, in real time? Very cheating.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 06:25 PM »
Is Sean the new leader of IS or something? 

Offline Skid

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 06:39 PM »
Could be, I don't care lol. I don't know whether he rigged the vote or not. I don't know the man, I don't know CrazyCraig either. But I do know that the timing on the extra 2 votes is the key.

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 06:50 PM »
Unless they always voted for him , then timing does not matter

Like I have said I am trying to pick it apart and decide what went one , it's very hard to do and I am trying to work it out
What we have seen is lots of members only log in to vote for the BOTY etc , all different ip addresses so no links to other mebers

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 06:56 PM »
Rich

if you believe that their child went online at 11.55pm on a school night and voted exactly the same amount votes as his mother your smoking some heavy sh!t

send us some up will ya  :crazy2:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King

Offline Skid

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 07:23 PM »
Unless they always voted for him , then timing does not matter

Not if they only voted 5 minutes before the end on bikes that won.

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 07:27 PM »
Tactical voting

I get it but if a vote is going to be cast , then as long as it is at some point in the poll then the outcome is set

It sounds like I am sticking up for cheating and I am really not , I hate cheating as I am sure do you

The outcome if obtained by cheating is low

I am only saying that the timing a vote that was always going to be cast is irrelevant

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 07:36 PM »

Personally most of the bikes that have won BOTY was the best of show so I don't know what the problem is..
Or subscription members can only vote..

it would be best, (not fair on mods etc) if anyone with any behind the scenes connections did not enter the BOTM/BOTY.  Same as MK show n shine builds being built and judged by judges.  Its a little unethical and will always be open to scepticism.

I don't post on here often and its a shame that this has caused a stain on RAD that I imagine may linger for sometime.

maybe an option to show who voted as well as results would offer some transparency

i'll fook off back under my rock now  :-X

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 09:02 PM »
I'm sure there's no setting on a poll to show who voted and for what? If you try setting one up then you'll see how little settings there are.

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 09:23 PM »
Will this make my calendar more valuable then  :teef:
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

griff

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 09:43 PM »
Will this make my calendar more valuable then  :teef: