gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975545 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 08, 2024, 03:12 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Layback seat post question? answers please?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Layback seat post question? answers please?  (Read 5011 times)

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Layback seat post question? answers please?
« on: March 14, 2023, 03:57 PM »
Did any other brand bitd do a layback post with the angle like a Robinson post? if you dont know the Robinson post has a really round curve to it kinda 90 degrees  :daumenhoch: any other brands do that,lmk thx  ;)

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Re: Layback seat post question? answers please?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 08:12 PM »
There was a CW that was a sharp angle as well with a Square brace on it.  I cant think of any others at the moment.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 08:36 PM »
Did any other brand bitd do a layback post with the angle like a Robinson post? if you dont know the Robinson post has a really round curve to it kinda 90 degrees  :daumenhoch: any other brands do that,lmk thx  ;)

XPOSURE   did one . Got one fitted to my Bully., just changed the decal over. SEE PIC.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 11:25 PM »
Spot on! I have one of those xposure laybacks without the decal,what year would that be from and A. are they rare? B.where can I get a decal from  :daumenhoch:

PS..I had a seventies straight post with the knurled top and thought it might be one of those but wasnt really sure  ???

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 10:00 AM »
Spot on! I have one of those xposure laybacks without the decal,what year would that be from and A. are they rare? B.where can I get a decal from  :daumenhoch:

PS..I had a seventies straight post with the knurled top and thought it might be one of those but wasnt really sure  ???

I bought mine in  the early 1990's for my  Bully at a place called BIKE PRO RACING in kings heath  Birmingham.

I peeled my XPOSURE sticker off , to add  a  Bully one, bet Del has the template for the decals.

I've got a couple of the seventies straight posts in stock. Backyard we're selling them on eBay, only a tenner I think..

Not too sure if they are rare, but I'll keep em peeled.

Steve.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 02:19 PM »
cheers steve  :daumenhoch:  one of the layback Xposure seat post sold on ebay for over 150 quid  :shocked: I just like the look of them I dont think the seventies posts ar worth much but nice and strong tho,cheers for all your info fella  :daumenhoch:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023, 07:19 PM »
cheers steve  :daumenhoch:  one of the layback Xposure seat post sold on ebay for over 150 quid  :shocked: I just like the look of them I dont think the seventies posts ar worth much but nice and strong tho,cheers for all your info fella  :daumenhoch:
A pleasure 👍 Blimey  ?150 for one of them. I thought about 40 quid ish.

Steve.

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2023, 10:17 PM »
GHP
https://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/146929

VDC
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

They're the only ones I can think of at the mo (additional to those already mentioned).

Think there maybe was at least one other though, if not more.  :-\
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2023, 11:13 AM »
 :daumenhoch:

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2023, 05:47 PM »
Didn'y the Hutch ones have a similar bend??  :-\
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Layback seat post question? answers please?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx