gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975555 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 11, 2024, 05:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  bit wobbly
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bit wobbly  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Peanut

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
bit wobbly
« on: October 10, 2005, 11:58 AM »
I took my ride out for it's first session the other day, a six mile jaunt but man it felt weird, I felt weird, wobbly and unstable, I guess it was too much MTB it's tainted me.  I used to ride BMX every day back then and it's slowly coming back to me but as for tricks?  I'm officially useless, not that I was very good in my prime. I've found the only thing I can still do is sit facing backwards on the bars and ride the bike. Not a very cool stunt, and I can't see where the hell i'm going either. Did any of you guys find it a struggle get back into the groove? Any advice on what tricks I could start to practice to get me back in shape?

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: bit wobbly
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 12:39 PM »
mate i know what your unabout.i've fell off more times than i can remember now.im still rubbish though.just take you time and it comes back slowly.bloody falls hurt a lot more now as well though  ;D.
dave the bmxing gypo

RADHAB

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 12:59 PM »
Damn right its hard and you've got the injuries to look forward to yet as well. Bunnyhops, 180's and wheel balances are all good to get going on, depends how brave you are!!

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 04:22 PM »
mmmmmmmmm.....

i wasnt the greatest rider in the world in the mid 80s...

19 year break, and come back riding.....still crap and had some of the worst injuries ive ever sustained.....but love it still...take things slowly, remember....slowly, slowly catchy monkey

quickly , quickly, smashy head in

Dave
haro, how do you do

The-flying-banana

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 06:45 PM »
Yes my man i know were your coming from too im still a bit wobbly and takes me half an hour everytime to get over this ???

Was better in the 80s me , i recently tried some cowboys and cant do them , also could do cherry pickers easy cant do them neither :-\ but im getting better and better all the time.

Sometimes if you get a bad fall it can knock you right back to the start as it's all about confidence nowadays.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 07:58 PM »

sorry dave but that made me laugh  ;D.
dave the bmxing gypo

Jazzchimp

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 12:33 PM »
Wear a helmet!

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 12:37 PM »
mmmmmmmmm.....

i wasnt the greatest rider in the world in the mid 80s...

19 year break, and come back riding.....still crap and had some of the worst injuries ive ever sustained.....but love it still...take things slowly, remember....slowly, slowly catchy monkey

Dave

lmfao

too right words of wisdom.

regularity is good advice.

whatever you spend your love on will flourish........
I want to touch ORB

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 03:08 PM »
start off with a double backflip then work your way down until you can do something, then you will know exactly where your at. :D

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 03:34 PM »
Yep - I was a bit wobbly too...I just started back riding again at the begining of July and it's been a painful progression!  :D ;D

The one thing I learnt early was to stick to what you know and wear pads and a helmet. It hurts so much more when you're 35!

It doesn't take long to get back confident again, just a few hours and you'll be airing again!  :D

It also helps to ride with other old gits...as we all sympathise with each other! Where da ya live? Perhaps you could come to a meet?

Cheers dude - stick at it fella, it does get better!

Offline Peanut

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 03:59 PM »
I live in Eastbourne, my best mate got me back into it, he stripped the paint off my ride while he was doing one of his (he's got 8 bikes) I got all enthusiastic about riding again with my old buddy then the other day he comes round, he's only gone and got himself a bloody mountain bike. Make your flamin mind up!!!

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 04:44 PM »
It feels weird to me now when i ride my mountain bike.

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 05:43 PM »
only cos you removed the seat bob

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 05:52 PM »
 ;D

j...

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 06:16 PM »
as of yet i havnt got into the soo called groove yet after a year of bmxing ;D. i was riding the halfpipe earlier today and was soo sketchy. it took me  at least 10 attempts to get down a disaster on it. then on my way home i tryed 360ing outs this little bank n sumhow just managed to face plant  :-\

daze

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2005, 09:23 PM »
just ride alot. start small [manuals, bunny-hops, pumping transistions]

it will come. I've nearly done 2 years this time round and its getting there.
have to say i'm miles better than i was bitd!!!

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2005, 08:50 AM »
I went to a small fun half pipe type thing,  at the vans skatepark before they closed it, and just spent hours popping out onto the platform and cycling in in again. So bloody knackered after 5  mins, I had to sit down or be sick. Photo below however is the first attempt at a decade in about 20 years. Course i didn't pull it, but it was close. The required confidence for this trick was obtained from wine and beer....I recommend it.
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  bit wobbly

gfxgfx
gfx gfx